Telepathy

Sun Rays & Anime [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Once Jongin reaches Sehun's apartment door, he knocks on the door and waits while he carries Agim in his arms. He'd transformed back to his regular clothes on the way (something Agim informed him that he can do while in motion) so he thankfully didn't have to worry about any onlookers looking at him in awe or anything as he got here.

 

Anyways, a few seconds later, the door opens and he smiles and says Hey at the sight of Sehun who steps aside to let him in before he closes the door behind him. Jongin then bends down for Agim to jump to the floor and bends back up as Sehun lets him know before he can even ask that Zitao's asleep.

 

"But like I'mma wake him up bruh--like we were worried about ya when we saw the news earlier," Sehun says as he walks towards his bedroom.

 

Jongin just brings his lips in as he sits down on the sole couch of the room, and Agim jumps up to sit next to him.

 

"What's the matter?" Agim asks.

 

And Jongin looks down at him, so wishing that they could communicate telepathically or something. "I just--I dunno," Jongin whispers. "I guess I'm just kinda scared? Like, I've known them since the 1st grade but--I-I just I dunno how they're gonna react to--" He gestures to himself. "--well, this."

 

Before Agim can even respond though, Jongin turns when he hears footsteps and sees Sehun dragging a still sleepy Zitao with him towards the couch. Once Zitao sees that it's him, his eyes widen and he lets go of Sehun's hand and rushes over to give Jongin a big hug. Jongin gets pushed back at the contact and laughs as Zitao squeezes tighter before pulling away.

 

Then, Zitao sits right next to Jongin, opposite of Agim, and says in his usual raspy tone, "Tell. Us. Everything! How long have you been a superhero for?"

 

And Jongin's eyes widen dramatically before he laughs again. "Damn, nothing gets past you, huh?"

 

Sehun then plops down on Zitao's lap and gestures towards him. "It wasn't hard putting two and two together. Like you literally look like that superhero and this cat looks exactly like the one we saw on TV. Heart shaped birthmark and all."

 

Zitao then tilts his head to wave at Agim and Agim bows his head in greeting--getting Zitao to grin. "Oh my gosh, this really is like Sailor Moon!" He then looks back at Jongin. "Can the two of you speak to each other?"

 

Before Jongin can respond though, Agim answers for him. "Yes, though I'm unsure who this Sailor Moon person you're speaking of is..."

 

Zitao practically vibrates with excitement at that, eyes twinkling as he says Ooh lemme show you before he pats Sehun for him to get up and then practically sprints away towards Sehun's bedroom for his phone apparently. Meanwhile, Sehun turns wider eyes to Agim as he seems to come to terms with being in the presence of a real-life talking cat. Jongin and Agim both glance at each other and laugh before Agim greets Sehun properly and vice versa.

 

Just then, Zitao sprints back towards them with his phone and this time plops down on Sehun's lap (the latter letting out an Oof) before he shows Agim some pictures of the main Sailor Moon cast. And while Agim marvels over the art and how Sailor Moon's cat Luna has a forehead marking like he does, Sehun and Jongin talk some more about his powers and hero name and such.

 

---

 

Jongin just feels so ing relieved that his best friends seem to be so chill about this whole situation. They didn't even ask for him to prove that he can transform either and just took his word for it, but Jongin wants to see their faces as he does and so 'casually' does it anyway. Once he does, he giggles as they throw their hands up dramatically and ask to touch his hanbok and hair--with Zitao asking if it's all real or an illusion before Jongin allows him to feel his long ponytail.

 

"Holy ," Zitao says in Mandarin, after petting his ponytail a bit. He then grins wide and switches back to English. "Magic is so ing cool~"

 

"Oh! That reminds me hahaha," Jongin says before he too switches to Mandarin. "I can speak any language now!"

 

Zitao's grin falters as his jaw positively drops meanwhile Sehun looks between the two of them curiously. "Huh? Huh? Whatdya say? You can speak Mandarin now?"

 

"Wait--wait, say something else," Zitao then says, eyebrows furrowed. He turns to Sehun. "Watch it just be that he learned like one phrase to mess with me."

 

Jongin just laughs and continues in Mandarin. "Okay...uh hm? I don't even really know what to say? I'm kinda hungry right now though, you guys got any food in your fridge?"

 

Zitao then turns to a still confused Sehun and simply says, Magic.

 

"I mean, I get that but he was talking so fast I couldn't even translate it in my head."

 

Zitao coos and cups his cheeks. "Aww, you'll get there soon, Hunnie. Just keep practicing."

 

Sehun then wraps his arms around Zitao's waist and replies, "Well, it's kinda hard when I have such a hot- teacher. I get so easily--" He gives him an elevator look. "--distracted."

 

And with that, Zitao chuckles and leans down to kiss him, and Jongin takes that as his cue to find some food and gestures for Agim to follow as he heads towards the kitchen and transforms back into his regular clothes.

 

---

 

He quickly finds two cans of tuna in the pantry and decides to whip up something quick for himself and Agim.

 

"Umm, so...do those two do that often?" Agim asks as he jumps up onto the fridge beside him.

 

"Huh? Do what?" Jongin asks as he digs around the drawers for a can-opener.

 

"Well, they seemed seconds away from ing right there--I--"

 

Jongin bursts out into surprised laughter at that, and has to take in deep breaths as it lasts for a good while. Once he finds that he can actually breathe again, he replies with, "Y'know Agim hahaha, have you ever been told that you're like funny as ?"

 

"As ...? I'm not quite sure I understand that expression."

 

"Oh, it's like--you're really funny, I mean." Jongin then goes back to trying to find the can-opener. "Honestly, you kinda remind me of another one of my friends, Yixing. Same kinda humor."

 

"Hm, well. Thank you then." Jongin turns to look up at him again and smiles when he sees him smiling back.

 

"Anytime," Jongin replies before he groans when he still can't find the can-opener. So, he pops his head out of the kitchen to call out to Sehun and Zitao, "Hey, where's your can-opener?!"

 

"Check the dishwasher--everything's clean!" Sehun responds back.

 

Jongin mutters an Of Course at that as he realizes that he hasn't checked there yet and does just that before he unsurprisingly finds the can-opener there. He then gives it a quick rinse at the sink and then uses it to open the cans of tuna, and puts one in a bowl for Agim to snack on while he spruces up his tuna a little with condiments and seasonings.

 

He's then debating on whether or not to eat his tuna salad right there or on the couch before Sehun calls out his name and he quickly pops his head out of the kitchen again and lets out a Huh?

 

"Why'd you two disappear like that?" Sehun asks. He then pats the seat next to him. "C'mon."

 

Jongin then glances at Agim and suddenly thinks back to what Agim said just a bit earlier and laughs all over again as he and Agim head over to sit down on the couch again. When the other two ask them what's up, Jongin just waves their questions away while still laughing.

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter