Fate

Sun Rays & Anime [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

It's finally the day of their first date and Jongin couldn't be more nervous/excited.

 

After giving himself pep talks to gain and keep some confidence, getting suggestions via phone on what to wear from his amused best friends, and motivational words from Agim, he's ready to head out now. And Agim had informed him as he was getting dressed that he'd rather stay home as to not 'intrude on their date' so Jongin's riding solo to Lunar Park.

 

On the way, he plays some calming Chill-hop/Lofi Hip-hop to try and calm his building nerves, and thankfully feels his nervousness dissipate some as he hums along to some Nujabes and J Dilla songs.

 

---

 

Lunar Park's out further west from where he lives, and though he and Kyungsoo live like just a city away from each other (legit only like eight minutes away by car), Kyungsoo let him know last night that he was already in the city that Lunar Park's in. Something about his parents living there and so he went to visit them.

 

And thinking about their convo again makes Jongin blush as he imagines somehow meeting Kyungsoo's parents like it's some sorta rom-com K-drama. Anyway, numerous thoughts about rich heirs and slow-mo kisses at a rotating 360° later, and Jongin reaches the parking lot of Lunar Park. Then, after parking and turning off the engine, he sits there for a moment and takes in a deep breath.

 

He then preens a bit using his car's vanity mirror and repeats to himself You got this! before he finally gets out of his car and locks it with his key fob. Then, he looks around as he starts walking towards the park entrance and pulls out his phone to check the time before sighing with relief at it being around thirty minutes before noon (i.e. noon being the set time for their date).

 

Anyway, since this is a park that's nowhere near where he lives, he's never actually been here before (and has only really come to this city in passing as he was heading to visit family in another state this one time). So, it's with wonder and awe that he admires the scenery, acknowledges a guard standing near the entrance sign, and then steps onto the cobblestone path between two tall ol' hedges.

 

And it's like he instantly got transported to another world as he walks further in and sees so many people walking this way and that in a park that seems almost as big as a yearly festival. Numerous sculptures made from hedges and marble line the way, and in the center, lies a huge ornate fountain with multiple twirling spouts of water flowing from lunar and celestial-esque sculptures.

 

Immediately, Jongin walks closer to take in all of the fountain's intricate details and brings his phone out to take some pictures. As he does so, he notices some random stranger eyeing him down outta the corner of his eye and pouts curiously as he turns to glance at them (before wincing as his sun earring smacks his cheek from the swift movement).

 

It's a short, elderly white woman with greying hair (dressed in a long floral dress with a shawl across her shoulders) and he barely even blinks before she's suddenly hobbling over to him with her cane. He lets out an Um...? as she gets closer before his eyebrows lift when he takes notice of her eyes that are clouded over almost completely with what he assumes are cataracts.

 

"Excuse me, dearie?" she says, and his eyes awkwardly shift left and right before he looks back at her.

 

Jongin lets out an awkward Um, yes? in response, and notices a few people looking at them as they pass them by.

 

"You wouldn't happen to have the time, would you?" she asks.

 

Jongin's tense shoulders relax at that simple question and he says Oh sure, lemme check before he looks down at his phone to check the time. But, as he looks back up to tell her the time, his eyes widen and he whips his head around to search for the lady who seems to have just disappeared into thin air.

 

His eyebrows furrow and he feels a ball of worry build inside, so he stops a stranger who was nearby and asks them if they saw an elderly white lady with a cane.

 

The person looks at him with surprise and shakes their head, and Jongin frowns but thanks them before he asks a few other people that are still around from when he walked up to the fountain in the first place.

 

But, no one seems to have even seen the lady at all...

 

With a deep pout, Jongin brings out his phone and mentally hopes for the lady's safety before his eyes widen as he sees the time. Somehow ten whole minutes have passed now!

 

Cursing to himself, he sprints off towards the spot that he and Kyungsoo decided to meet at that's further north from the fountain, already forgetting about the lady like she wasn't even there in the first place.

 

---

 

When Jongin reaches the rendezvouz spot (a long elegant bench surrounded by rose hedges and star lights), he can't help but grin wide at the sight of Kyungsoo already sitting there. Kyungsoo's currently drinking from a coffee cup while he looks down at his phone, and Jongin takes quick note of his outfit as he walks over to him.

 

Kyungsoo's wearing frameless glasses, a long black puffer coat with a blue scarf (his brooch on said scarf), some black jeans and sneakers, and just looks so damn cozy and adorable that Jongin could melt.

 

Then, Kyungsoo suddenly looks up, probably from sensing his stare, and Jongin whispers aloud Wow as Kyungsoo's eyes light up and crinkle as he smiles up at him.

 

"Hey, you made it," Kyungsoo says, still smiling as Jongin moves to sit down next to him. "How was it coming here?"

 

Jongin continues smiling, his cheeks warming up at their proximity, and starts nervously rubbing behind his own left ear for a second. "Hey, uh it was good--uh traffic wasn't too bad...Um, what about you?"

 

He then gets lost in Kyungsoo's eyes as Kyungsoo responds; taking note of how the lights in his eyes seem to sparkle, then of how he shyly adjusts his glasses, and of how his plump lips look so pretty and enticing...

 

Realizing that he just legit zoned out though, Jongin looks back up at Kyungsoo's eyes and says, "Sorry, hm?"

 

Kyungsoo lets out a breathless chuckle, his breath coming out in a small white puff and responds, "I asked if you wanna stay here for a bit before we walk around or...?"

 

"Sorry, sorry yeah that'd be nice."

 

Jongin then turns to look out at the scenery so as not to be staring at him any longer. But then he thinks about how that might make him look disinterested, so he turns back to Kyungsoo and subconsciously mirrors his expression as Kyungsoo's eyebrows raise and he looks up from his lips to his eyes before quickly looking away.

 

"Um..." Jongin starts.

 

And Kyungsoo shyly turns to look back at him. "Sorry, I-I know the date just started but like--you look so ing handsome, Jongin I just--" Jongin's cheeks get so warm at that and he can't help but smile with his mouth slightly agape. "--I kinda wanna kiss the daylights outta ya already."

 

Jongin lets out a breath at that before he leans forward a bit. "Really? 'Cause I wanted to kiss you too as soon as I saw you!"

 

And Kyungsoo giggles at that, face scrunched up and shoulders hunched as he leans forward a bit and sets down his coffee cup. Jongin grins at how cute he looks and then places a hand on his left arm, and Kyungsoo's laughter calms down as he looks back up at him, eyes imploring as they lock gazes.

 

Their faces are fairly close to each other now, and Jongin looks from his eyes to his lips and back before Kyungsoo lifts a hand to cup his cheek and Jongin's eyelids lower at the touch.

 

Kyungsoo then slowly leans in, eyes closing, and Jongin does the same before he shivers at both the coolness of Kyungsoo's lips but also from how plush and soft his lips are against his own as they angle their heads a bit to kiss better.

 

Kyungsoo then scoots closer so that their thighs touch and gently wraps his arms around Jongin's neck as their kiss deepens. His lips just feel so ing nice against his own, and unsurprisingly, when Kyungsoo lets out a soft moan as he starts pulling in his bottom lip, Jongin finds himself getting easily

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter