Epilogue: Deja Vu

Playing With Fire


2 years later

"Felix!" Felix winced as he heard someone called his name. Oh God, why did this feel like I had experienced this before? And instead of Minho calling him, it was his Dad from the seat beside the former. He gripped the straps of his bagpack hard as he stopped walking and stiffly turned around to face the big shiny truck on the side of the highway.

"Hey....Dad."

Two years had passed and it was like a dream. Everything happened so fast and it felt like it happened just yesterday. The only thing that changed was that- they're more happier now.

Chan and Woojin were happily married and living together with Felix. They have their own house to resign to after work. They have a newly built engine house as well, new equipments, new truck and everything. Chan and Woojin were still captains in their respective teams.

Minho and Seungmin moved out from their engine houses and lived together in an apartment thay they have bought just around the area. They're planning to tie the knot soon too.

Hyunjin and Jisung still lived together in Engine 9 house with Changbin, the poor man was third wheeling them and was now the new victim of walking in with the couple's shenanigans.

Felix is now an adult man, he's studying in college and still wanted to be a firefighter just like his Dads, and his hyungs and boyfriend. Changbin may received a glare (which was meant to be a joke just to tease the man) from Chan everytime he saw him together with Felix, he has earned the captain's trust for his son a long time ago and eventually they became boyfriends.

And as for Mr. Park, well, he spent his times behind bars. The man worked dirty just because the owners of some establishments promised him a share of the insurance money after getting rid of the building that he planned out like it were all accidents. What he's  missing was that he carelessly left something from the area that could lead to him, like a gas container, a match or a lighter, a single glove. And the management of the fire department didn't even want to diminish Engine 9, it was all of Mr. Park's doing- all the requested equipments failed attempts just to make Engine 9 think the department didn't care about them anymore. He knew Chan was quitely investigating the fire incidents after his brother's death and thought of him and his crew as a threat for his evil plans.

But everything is okay now except for Felix at the moment, he tried to calm himself down, plastered a sweet smile onto his face as he trudged his way near the truck. Why was he nervous, anyway, when he's just about to go home? It was not like he's skipping class. The university's dean had announced the cancelation of class in the last minute. It's for the student council to prepare the school for the upcoming sports fest. Non-official students can go home so that's what Felix is doing.

"Hi, Dad! Uh- I swear I'm going home this time, class is cancelled and-"

"Calm down, baby, I know. The school sent an email about your class getting cancelled today. Hop in, bub. We have a party to attend." Chan winked at him. Felix let out a long sigh of relief, smiling for real now after seeing his own father's dimpled smile directed to him and as well as Minho beside him, nodding and grinning at him. He then kissed his Dad's cheek before going into the back of the truck and slumped himself on Changbin's lap.

"Hi, baby." Changbin whispered, his hands were already wrapped around Felix's waist securedly. Before the younger could kiss his boyfriend, they heard Chan clear his throat from the front seat. Even Jisung and Hyunjin across the couple have to suppres a snort, if not for Changbin's glare towards them. They swore it's fun to tease the other man, being the one who's brave enough to date their captain's son and all but Changbin worked hard for that to happen, he persevered so much and they knew it, Changbin deserved all the happiness in the world too. It's just fun to once in a while.

"Bin, hands off my baby, please." Chan said, again it was to tease the poor man, Minho snickered in the driver's seat as he stepped on the gas pedal.

"Aye, capatin." Changbin grunted but not moving an inch to let go of his younger boyfriend from his lap.

"Dad!" Felix whined as he rolled his eyes as if saying I'm an adult, not a kid anymore. Hyunjin and Jisung didn't hold their laugh anymore.

"I'm gonna tell Appa, you're the one who steal and eat his last piece of fried chicken last night!"

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would. Watch me do it later!"

Everyone laughed at the father's and son's loving banter but was cut off short as Chan's and Minho's phone rung and vibrated onto the dashboard.

"It's Woojin."

"It's Seungmin."

Chan and Minho said at the same time, the others in the back furrowed their brows while Changbin looked and saw a tiny red light on the small monitor they have in the truck.

"There's a fire at District 9." They just came from another district and was about to go home since there's a party to be held again in the evening, but it's work first before anything else, right?

Chan hummed, reading Woojin's text message before typing a reply.

Baby, did you get Felix? Head to District 9 then, that damn building again caught on fire. See you in a bit. I love you."

Then Chan chuckled as he imagined his husband's scowling face while cursing. Smokingly on fire and pretty.

"Well, I guess, we'll be late for the party then."

 

  - End-