Unpack

Playing With Fire

"Whoa! Dad, you're in the front page!" Felix shouts from where he stands by the entrance door, he's excited, holding a newspaper.

"Well, seems like Captain Bang is in the headline again. Been a long time!" Minho hollers.

"Oh, but your name is included too!" Han comments as he peeks over the captain's son's shoulder.

Minho just grins as he puts the last trophy in the box. They still have a couple more days and they start to pack up some things that aren't needed anymore in the last days of their stay.

"That won't still help in keeping our job though." Chan says bitterly, there's sadness in his eyes yet there's also a smile on the corner of his lips as if losing their job is just a big joke.

"Aww. Capt, come on. It's not the end of the world." Changbin says cheerfully.

"Yeah! I mean, you all can form a group or something like idols!" Felix supplies excitedly, as if it's a hundred percent possibility of something like that would happen, he is so ecstatic about his own idea. Chan just looks at his son fondly and chuckles.

"I don't know about that, baby."

"But it's a good idea! Lix, I know you have that brain like your Pops. So like, we have vocals, dancers, rappers and oh—" Jisung stops talking for a while and his eyes are so wide like he just remembers something more interesting. Hyunjin even perks up at that, he knows Jisung as a cheerful person, he gets excited so easily, it's easy to make him smile and laugh. But right at this moment is like the first time Hyunjin sees the younger so excited while rumbling.

"What is it, Sungie?"

"We can be a producing trio! Me, Capt, and Changbin hyung! And we can finally finish those songs that we've been working on when we're in college!" Jisung says, daydreaming, with the chaotic boxes scattered on the floor surrounding them, the situation feels funny enough. But of course, the others just let him imagine things like that, Chan and Changbin smiles at the younger fondly. The older of the three looks around him and his sight lands on Hyunjin's sad expression on his face.

"How about you, Jinnie? What is your plan?" Chan gives him an encouraging smile although the sudden question makes Hyunjin uneasy, it's not in a bad way though, he's just a bit surprise of their captain's sudden shift of attention to him. Hyunjin stops fiddling over the boxes and looks at the older, biting down his lower lip for a bit before releasing a small sigh, there are a few pair of eyes on him waiting for his reply.

"Uh— me?" He then releases an awkward small laugh before continuing, "I—actually, I didn't think of that yet. Maybe I'll sleep on the streets?" Hyunjin fully lets himself out a loud yet short laugh, he meant it as a joke though. He can just rent an apartment or something. It's just sad that he can't be with the only family he have anymore. Since the day Chan had managed to tell them about this situation, he didn't think about it too much, he didn't think that far— that he would be finding a new roof that he will call a home for himself.

Jisung frowns, then he walks to where Hyunjin is standing and the latter didn't miss the way Minho's eyes are glinting with mischief and a smirk on his smug face were directing to him.

"Aww, you can live in with me then!" Jisung grins while looking up to Hyunjin's face.

"Congratulations, Hwang. You have just found your new home." Minho says still looking smug.

Hyunjin just rolls his eyes then raises an eyebrow at the older, "Shut up. What about you then?"

Minho doesn't even faze, instead it's like he's been waiting for the other to ask this, "Me? I'll bother Seungmin, ask him to marry me and live together with three adopted cats that I'll be naming—" His daydreaming is unfortunately distracted by Hyunjin's rude and loud snort.

"I'm sorry, hyung, but—" he even pauses to laugh again, "yeah, the cat part is realistic but asking Seungmin to marry you is a bit..." Hyunjin is now the one being cut off by Minho this time.

"Well, at least I'm thinking of asking him to marry me. Have you ever consider having a ball to ask—" the ever cutting of sentences makes the others feel dizzy, so they try their best to tune out from these two hooligans' conversation and just get back at packing up their stuff. Hyunjin has a different dilemma though, he pales and panicking. He's just thankful that he manages to shut Minho up by covering his mouth with his own palm before he gets to finish that sentence. Thank God, he's standing just beside the older. The little is Hyunjin's pain in the . When Minho knows your secret, he will not let you sleep during the night without you worrying over him spilling your secrets. He's planning to confess but not like this.

The others who look busy stuffing stuff into the boxes are laughing so hard too, they're laughing at Hyunjin's miserable state, but he ain't worried about that. The thing is that, he suspects that the other had already knew about his secret, he can't do anything about it though but to sigh in defeat.

And the only oblivious person in here is Han Jisung himself, he's just grinning and chuckling as if looking at Hyunjin's flushed state entertains him.

"Hey, come on, Minho hyung. Don't stress him out too much. I need his energy to carry my things to our new house next week!" Jisung hollers, he stands closer to Hyunjin and slings an arm around the other man's broad shoulder.

Hyunjin scoffs, "When did I agree to live in with you?"

"You didn't disagree nor react, so I'll take that as a yes." Jisung proudly says.

"What if I won't?" Hyunjin challenges him with a little quirk of his brow.

"Then I'll just have to make you!"

"Hey, love birds, more packing less flirting!" Changbin comments without looking at the two, it gains  a double glare from Jisung and Hyunjin but Changbin grins at them.

Chan in the corner just smiles at the scenes unfold in front of him, he'll surely miss these fools when they will live separately soon. He can't do anything but sighs in sadness, but he doesn't wallow on to it much longer since the door's opening and it reveals Mr. Park. What is it this time? Chan holds himself up not to roll his eyes in annoyance.

Mr. Park has boxes of pizza stack up on his hand and the other has bags (full of other snacks and wine bottles) sling over his wrist.

"Uncle Park!" Felix runs and hugs the man then helps him with the stuff he's carrying.

"Hey, kiddo! Still stubborn as your Dad?" Mr. Park smiles at the young man while ruffling his hair for a bit.

"No, Uncle Park. I study hard. Changbin hyung helped me. And I'm gonna be a firefighter someday!" Felix says cheerfully. Changbin is even blushing at the mention of his name, as a fully adult man, he shouldn't feel this way but he is. Thank God, no one's directing their looks at him because the more this Mr. Park ruffles their captain's son's hair with that affectionate look of him didn't help his situation at all.

"Oh yeah? That's great, buddy." Mr. Park says, releasing Felix from the side hug and looks around to see all the boxes around them.

"Um— what were you guys doing?"  The man directs his question to Chan in the corner. Chan once again holds himself up not to scoff loudly at him that for sure will sound very rude, instead he lets out a sigh to calm himself.

"We're out in a few days. Right?" Chan shrugs.

"Well, you'll need your whole afternoon later to unpack them because the department wants Engine 9 to stay and operate. In fact, I'll have your new coats and helmets delivered tomorrow." Mr. Park grins, looking at the crew's uniform reaction. They all stop moving at the same time then look at Mr. Park, making sure they heard him right.

It's Chan who has pulled out from his daze first, he blinks slowly, even his eyes can tell how he still cannot believe the news, "r-really?" He asks lowly.

"Yes. And, these are for you guys for doing such a wonderful job." He is referring to the boxes and bags that he brought for them and were now laid on the floor. And when he doesn't get any reaction, he continues, "the chief congratulated you, Chan, and your team for saving Woojin and Seungmin from the incident on the mine. Your heroic act brought pride and gave boost to our department."

"Wow." Chan's opening and closing his mouth like a gaping fish, he can't form a descent word to answer the older man because he cannot still believe about the good news. Even the other members have the same reaction as Chan's.

"Yeah. I'll keep going then and oh, there's a party on the weekend, I'll email every engine house later for the details. So all of you better be there coz you're  the star in that party." Mr. Park says, tapping Chan's shoulder for a few times before he was out of the house.

No one still seems to believe what they have just heard, they're just so quite, an imaginary crow is passing above them. They don't even notice that Mr. Park has already left, they don't understand half of Mr. Park's words earlier, everyone is still in shock. Eventually, they pull out of their dazes and yell out so loud together in happiness.

"Oh, wow. I can't still believe it!"

"Same! Like, Mr. Park is telling us the truth, right?"

"....waaa...I'm not dreaming right?"

Then Jisung clicks his tongue all of a sudden, "aww. So we can't be idols anymore? We can never finish those songs? And I can't live in some apartment with Hyunjin. Damn, I thought my plans were perfect."

The others laugh at the whining Jisung, shook their heads in amusement while also starting to see what Mr. Park had brought for them. Hyunjin is the only one who sympatizes with Jisung's sudden dilemma.

"Well, we can still live in together though." Hyunjin announces.

"Is that an indirect way of asking me out?" Jisung purses his lips after, he can't take back his words now and he can't beat around the bushes anymore.

"Yes."

Jisung looks at Hyunjin and blinks, "really?"

When Hyunjin just smiles "well, that's if you feel the same way towards me."

"Oh my god, I thought I'm being obvious already!" Everyone groans at them because holy God, they want them to stop flirting already so they can start eating. And maybe they will just start eating without the two. Even Felix doesn't give the team any attention, he is already busy stuffing his mouth with the pizza Mr. Park brought for them.

"Congratulations. Can we eat now?" Minho huffs, a little jealous, yes, he can't believe Hyunjin gathers some balls before him but deep inside he's happy for the two to finally get their s together. Now, he just worries about which was much more annoying, watching them being lovey dovey in the house or watching the two of them still dancing around to each other. Or worse, if he will accidentally walk in on them making out or ing— he groans internally and just chooses to ignore that thought for now.

Jisung being Jisung will always have a comeback because he doesn't seem to know how to shut up, "you're just jealous, hyung. Hyunjin asked me out first before you could even ask Seungmin—"

Jisung suddenly stops talking and everyone else stops eating, someone clears their throat by the front door.

"I'm sorry. But no one's answering the door so we just kinda let ourselves in. I hope that's okay?"

It was Woojin in his glory, without his uniform on, just simple tee's and tight jeans. Chan's heart is beating so fast at the sight, such a beautiful view just for him in this beautiful day. Chan swallows the food that's still blocking in his throat and when it creates a loud bobbing of adam apple sound, he chooses to not care about it. Anyway, his heart is beating so fast as if he's running for a marathon. Behind Woojin are his team mates, Jeongin and Seungmin. Seungmin holds Minho's helmet and is pressed on his chest, a questionably pink hue on his cheeks. And for once, Engine 9's crew have to witness how Minho blushed.

Minho thought that Seungmin had  heard what Jisung was saying, that little squirrel's mouth is giving him a heart attack. But maybe that was also because Seungmin looks regal today, without his uniform, also in his tee's and jeans, hugging his helmet— my god, the sight gives him another wave of warmth spreading on his cheeks.

Chan has to clear his throat and fully takes over the situation, God, it's becoming awkward—

"Uhm, you're all in anyway. So, what can we do for you three handsome men in this fine morning?" Chan internally thanks the heavens, his voice is clear and his statement comes out smooth.

The others have the initiative to move away boxes to not let them scatter on the floor, they quitely stack them up on the corner, while Chan and Minho deal with their visitors.

"First of all, we thank you once again for saving us and we personally want to invite you all to the party this weekend." Woojin says cheerfully, he seems to look well now, Chan's glad that the other looks healthy now.

"Oh. The party, yeah." Chan scratches the back of his head, he didn't really hear what Mr. Park had said earlier about the party. Chan's shyness (which Woojin thinks is cute) is back again, the dimples (that Woojin loves so much) are showing when he smiles at Woojin.

"You're thinking of not attending, right?" After all, Woojin knew that Chan's not a party person. Woojin gives him a raised eyebrow.

"N-No, no, of course not." But he still sounds awkward, so clears his throat again.

"Uh, saving you and Seungmin was necessary, we're working in the same department after all. Even if that happened to a different team, we would still do the same. We just did what is right."

"So, can I ask you out on a date tonight? I am feeling so well now. We had a deal, remember?" Chan laughs awkwardly, of course he wants to date Woojin, of couse he wants to go out with him, it's just that he doesn't think that the man is this smooth and slick just sprouting that question out where his son can hear them. He is still worried about what his son's reaction would be, he still have a hard time opening this topic to him.

"Of course, I didn't forget that." He still says it anyway, he'll deal with his son later because he doesn't want to wait for another lifetime to be with Woojin again. And the smile that Woojin gives him right now is addicting and he can't help but stare at him and smile at him as well like they're the only people in the room.

Minho clearing his throat makes Chan pull out of his daze, damn, he's been dazing enough today already. He takes the initiative to grab Woojin's hand and Woojin does the same to the awkward Jeongin, so they could get further inside the house, leaving Seungmin who awkwardly stands on one foot to another in front of the smug looking Minho. Now that the older has recovered from his blushing moment earlier, he looks smug but he too looks hot while he's at it.

Seungmin is gripping the helmet so hard, weighing some words in his mind, he should be polite, right? Minho saved his back in that mine, so he better be good to him even if the other looks too proud for his own good.

"I also came to return this to you, wouldn't want you to go out there without this on you." He hands Minho the helmet which is immediately accepted by the now grinning Minho. The older found the other looking so much better when he's not scowling and furrowing his eyebrows. He realizes that he likes this Seungmin better and he wants to think of many ways to make Seungmin smile or get shy in the future. And Minho can't let this moment pass too, he needs to have that balls...

"Seungmin, can you be my date for the party?" Well, that was smooth and if he's hearing Seungmin giggle, that's a good sign, right? God, his giggle is the most angelic sound Minho has ever heard of.

"Thought you never asked." Seungmin says then proceeds to stare at Minho's wide smile.

"Hey, love birds. Care to join us? The food's quickly vanishing." Jisung loudly yells at them.

Minho rolls his eyes at Jisung and just softly grabs Seungmin's hand and leads him to the table, "let me guess, it's vanishing into your stomach?"

"Hey! Not just me, Felix too!" Jisung whines and before he could say another word, Hyunjin pushes pizza into his mouth just to shut him up.

"Don't drag the kid into this!" Changbin shrieks while glaring at Jisung.

And if Felix's cheeks have suddenly tinted pink— it's only his father and Woojin who happened to notice it.