Party and Dates

Playing With Fire

Hyunjin was busy tying his necktie, it's been so long since he last wore this kind of suit that he forgot how to tie a freaking necktie. 

"Hey, handsome, need help?" Hyunjin didn't need to turn around to tell or guess that there's a stupid grin on Jisung's face right now, he would very much like to wipe it off of his face by kissing— Hold that thought right there, Hwang Hyunjin. Hyunjin scoffed instead as he turned around to look at the other.

"I can tie just fi—" And he let himself stare at Jisung in front of him, jaw hung open as his hands also stopped from fiddling on this tie. He knew Jisung kinda looked like a cute squirrel but what he saw in front of him right now was not a cute squirrel at all but a hot squirrel wearing a complete all white suit that hugged his little body perfectly. Jisung's fringe was pushed back showing off his forehead and even his hair was styled perfectly, over all the younger looked perfect. Hyunjin's mind was short circuiting, still his jaw hung open while staring at the beauty before him.

Jisung on the other hand was having a mini crisis, he sometimes felt insecure about himself, but it was just for a moment until he noticed how Hyunjin stared at him and thought that he made the right decision to wear this suit. He smirked and walked towards the older who just blinked at him like he's still in his daze. Jisung softly replaced Hyunjin's hands on his tie and carefully and neatly tied it instead.

"Close your mouth, babe. There might be a stray fly in here." Jisung said smugly, already done tying the older's necktie.

Hyunjin just blinked so many times then swallowed hard before clearing his throat.

"So, how do I look?" Jisung rose an eyebrow.

"You look perfect." Hyunjin answered softly and absentmindedly leaned forward because Jisung's lips were right there and they were glossy, his thought of kissing them didn't even help his situation. But before they could kiss, Jisung has his index finger pressed onto the older's plump lips.

"At least one date please, then you can kiss me." There's this crazy but y glint in the younger's eyes. It's been a few days since that day he blurted out some ty excuse of a confession and they have also talked about it, they're together yet they still didn't get a chance to get out yet. It's like they were still processing everything that happened and now that they're together, they cannot help but be excited and scared as well. These past few days were all about staring at each other, lots of shy hand holding and forehead good night kisses, small talks and all that.

Hyunjin backed away a bit, ". Sorry, of course, a date...right." He heard the younger chuckle.

"Hyunie, it's okay. You're irresistible right now too. But you know, norm. Let's go out for a date first before....kissing." Jisung said it as dramatic as it can be and Hyunjin has to hold himself from rolling his eyes at the younger, here he thought that he's the dramatic one.

"But calling me babe already before the date is okay?" Hyunjin clicked his tongue as he softly pinched the younger's nose.

Jisung swatted the older's hand on his nose, "yeah."

"Says who?" Hyunjin stood straight towering the younger even more, raising an eyebrow.

"Me, of course." Jisung said proudly as he eventually grinned.

"You done flirting yet? We're gonna be late if you don't move your asses from there." It was always Lee freaking Minho who could ruin a moment like this but oh well. Also, it's not like there's gonna be a big difference if they'll going to be late to a party.

When they got out of Hyunjin's room, they saw that their teammates were all ready and extra handsome tonight in their own suits, even Felix, who was applying lip gloss with the help of Changbin.

When Felix saw them, he grinned at them, "hyungs, you look good together."

Jisung didn't get it at first but when he realized that Hyunjin was standing beside him, he immediately blushed. He remembered how they almost kissed in Hyunjin's room just seconds ago. He masked his flushed face with an awkward clearing of his throat and just said anything that his mind had supplied.

"Well, you all seem done preparing so let's go! Your other father might be waiting for us already."

"My what?" Felix asked, confused.

Jisung flinched after seeing the captain's glare that was directed at him and he just helplessly chuckled, suddenly feeling scared of his life.

"Oopps..."

 


When they arrived at the venue, not late mind you, Woojin was waiting for them at the entrance.

"Hi, you made it." Woojin was wearing a gray suit that perfectly hugged his body, Chan has to breathe in and out to calm himself.

"Well, of course, I can't keep my date hangin' in here all alone, right?"

Woojin just grinned and ushered them inside after taking the time to compliment how they all looked good tonight. It was a ballroom where the party was held in, they were greeted by loud cheers and hollers. Mr. Park was standing on the small round platform in the front, a microphone in hand, he's waving his other free hand to them when he spotted them with his big annoying smile, Chan's too used at seeing him with that almost grin expression on his face, so he just gave one in return.

"Oh, look at that! The star of the night is here, everybody! Engine 9's Captain, Bang Chan and his team!"

And once again they were swallowed by loud cheers and hollers, Chan and his team just made a ninety-degree bow to all directions.

"Ah, always the humble ones. There's no need for that, in fact, on behalf of the department, we thank you for your professionalism and compassion to your colleagues. Engine 1 are grateful to you, Chan and Minho for saving Woojin and Seungmin." And with that being said, Woojin led his own team with Seungmin beside him to give Chan and his team a ninety-degree bow as well.

"Alright! This party is not just a thanksgiving to Engine 9 for bringing pride to our department, tonight is also everyone's night, the department is grateful to all of you and your hardwork. But before that, let us have Engine 1's Captain here to share his thoughts." 

Woojin has his wide smile plastered on his face, his eyes were almost turning into slits, he took the microphone from Mr. Park after planting himself so beautifully on that small platform in the front.

"Thank you, Mr. Park. Hi to everyone, good evening. I just wanted to say thank you again to Channie— I mean Captain Bang." Woojin looked and smiled at him warmly, Chan felt so bold tonight so he just winked at the other.

"Seungmin and I will never be here tonight if not because of these two gentlemen. Please, will you join me up here, Chan and Minho?" Woojin smiled and looked at Chan again. Chan ushered Minho forward, he can see the pride in his teammates' eyes while looking at the two of them and they gave them thumbs-ups, even Felix beside Changbin was smiling so wide, he's proud of his Dad. Chan grinned at his son and winked before going up onto the platform.

"Seungminie, come up here too, please." Woojin once again said.

Minho's eyes were immediately directed at Seungmin. He found him cute and handsome at the same time in that suit of his, he also looked hot. Minho knew he's ed, he fell hard for this puppy like man. Minho shot him a flirty wink before the younger stood beside Woojin with a flushed cheeks. Minho felt so proud of making Seungmin blush, such a rare sight. It was pretty on him.

A roaring applause was heard around the venue once again, hearts beating in pride and happiness that in a long time Chan and his crew had experienced this again. They missed a moment like this. They felt like the top engine crew this time and not the losers they have became. Chan momentarily forgot about Woojin beside him who was still talking to the crowd.

"That's right, guys. I know what you're thinking, yes, they were once our rivals but tonight I want to break that stereotype. There will never be rivals anymore, only colleagues— like people that shared the same passion, who will work together in our different team for the safety of our districts. I'm not just saying this because we're dating but as a captain of one of the most respected engine houses of fire department."

Everyone was having their time letting out their ow's and ah's at the revelation. Even Chan wasn't ready for it, they have talked about this, being out in the open but he was still surprised that this was the moment to reveal that, but he thought, it, why not? He thought that it was cool for everyone to know that they're together again instead of seeing them as rivals or enemies.

The revelation also made Felix surprise, he has his jaw hung open as he stare at his Dad with Woojin's arm slung around his Dad's.

"Hey, Lix. Is that a good reaction or—" Changbin was worried in that second while watching their captain's son's reaction. Then Felix started to giggle, Changbin would love to appreciate that angelic sound better if only he's not feeling so worked up with the kid's reaction. He was so afraid that Felix would hate him too if he will know that he was somewhat like Chan.

"Don't worry, hyung. I was just surprised, is all. I mean, I'm not blind, I know there's always this between them. And when I saw them together in our house days ago, they looked happy and too smiley. It's just that Dad never said anything to me." But it's mainly my fault for distancing myself from my own father, his mind supplied.

"Where did you learn those words, Lix?" Changbin's eyes were wide as a flying saucer, his initial worry was now out in the equation, he's not worried about it anymore. Hearing something from Felix's statement made him so surprise than Felix knowing Chan's and Woojin's dating revelation.

"What words?" Felix blinked his eyes in confusion, he didn't say anything offensive, right? Anyway, the party has go on, people were scattered on the dancefloor, dancing with their partners, eating, talking...

"Where did you learn from?"

"Uh— Minho hyung? He always commented that when he saw Hyunjin hyung and Jisung hyung flirted with each other."

"And now you know what flirting means." Changbin groaned, slapping his palm onto his own forehead.

"Hyung, I'm a senior high school student, not a kid, of course I knew those words already." Felix replied a matter of factly.

"High school, Lix. Still in high school!"

"So what! I'm gonna be an adult soon like you!"

"Yeah, soon. But right now— oh my god, you're learning things that you shouldn't know yet. That's why if you have question or concern, you have to ask me or your Dad, not Minho!" Changbin was exasperated, he cannot believe this. But Felix wasn't listening anymore, he didn't say anything wrong. The topic's about his Dad's dating revelation in the first place. He found his Dad once again, he was on the dancefloor this time, slowly dancing with Woojin, beside them were Hyunjin and Jisung who looked so immersed with each other. Bantering with this hyung made him forget the time.

Then he moved his sight away from the dancefloor, there was a man in suit as well and Mr. Park by the corner of the room, they looked like they're discussing a serious matter. He remembered the other man at the entrance earlier, he thought he was an official and he was looking like someone who's late on something or someone who forgot to do something first before attending the party, his face was so serious.

Changbin followed Felix's sight and thought that the younger froze because he saw Minho and Seungmin passionately kissing on the dancefloor. Changbin grimaced and quickly covered the younger's eyes with his palm.

"And now you saw that! So sorry about that, Lix!"

"No, hyung—" The moment Felix had lost his sight from that man with Mr. Park made him miss the second the man walked out of the ballroom, he was nowhere to be found after he pulled the hand covering his eyes. Felix also missed how Mr. Park finished his wine and left too.

"Where did Uncle Park go?" Felix murmured to himself but Changbin heard him anyway.

"Maybe, he left already. Like half of the people here has left too."

They didn't even notice the time. Felix saw his smiling Dad approaching them with Woojin behind him.

"Hey, baby. You didn't dance." Chan said, ruffling his fringe. Changbin distanced himself from Felix and gave the father and son time to talk for a while.

"It's fine, Dad. I'm fine seeing you dance so happy with Woojin hyung." Felix even wiggled his eyebrows, he didn't know really, he just felt like teasing his Dad.

Chan chuckled, "I'm sorry about not telling you first about this, Lix."

"Dad, it's cool. I'm happy for the both of you." Felix grinned, Woojin too reached out, chuckling as he ruffled Felix's hair.

"Thanks, kiddo. Say, can I steal your father for the rest of the night?" Woojin spoke beside his Dad.

"Please, you need to get my father out of his cave more often. He was always the busy bee in his cave like doing boring paper works."

"Hey! My office is not a cave and— you're right about the paper works, they're boring." Chan can't find any word to defend himself and just accept the fact that his son and boyfriend were laughing at him. "And you mister, I thought you're on my side." Chan added, scoffing playfully at Woojin.

"I'm sorry, babe. I must give your son a credit, he's not just a cutie, he's funny too." Chan just sighed yet happy at the sight. Felix was flushing, eyes crinkling with that shy smile on his lips and Woojin looked at him like Felix was his own son. When Felix had recovered, he cleared his throat and looked at the two adult in front of him.

"Have fun with your date then. I'm just gonna go home and study, I guess."

Chan chuckled, "thank you, bub." He then turned to look Changbin on the side, "and Changbin, can you accompany Felix back at home? Hyunjin and Jisung had a plan tonight and Minho seemed to bring Seungmin somewhere too." Chan has this hopeful look in his eyes, almost like pleading, while looking at his team member.

"Of course, Cap. It's not like I have somewhere else to go to anyway." Changbin shrugged.

"Thanks, Bin." Chan softly slapped his palm onto the younger's shoulder.

"Enjoy the date!"

"Yeah, thanks again." A blushing Chan was a rare sight, man was he in love. Changbin can't blame the captain, it's just normal to fall for someone, if only he can relate to that...if only Felix wasn't his Captain's son, maybe he also has someone to go out with now. After Chan's quick kiss on Felix's forehead and exchanged goodbye's with the members, the couple was out of the room.

 

_
It was midnight when Chan made it back home, the house was quite and thought everyone was sleeping. Was he wrong when he was greeted with two people making out on the couch. Hyunjin and Jisung stumbled off of each other as Jisung immediately left Hyunjin's lap when they heard the door open and someone's clearing their throat behind them.

"Uh- C-cap! You're here!" It's Jisung who uttered some words first.

"Yeah. And I don't want to walk in on you like that ever again. I have a son in this house too, you both have rooms for a reason." That may sounded a bit harsh but Chan's not mad, in fact he has a grin on his lips but the two failed to see that because they're lowering their heads in embarrassment.

"Y-yeah, we understand. Sorry, Cap. It was my fault." Hyunjin said this time and also eyeing at Chan.

Chan chuckled, "it's fine, guys, I know you're dating now so I kind of expected that to happen. But at least lock the door first next time." He then smirked and winked at the couple. The couple felt relieve after hearing their Captain say that, Jisung may looked like a red tomato but it's cool, everything's good.

Chan left the poor couple alone, he knew Minho's not home yet and decided to check on Felix in his room first. Before he could open the door, he heard murmurs inside. He raised his eyebrows and slowly opened the door, it's way past his sleeping hour, but what sight greeted him almost immediately warmed his heart. He smiled like a fool while creepily peeking into the room through the tiny slit opening of the door.

Felix was on his stomach on the floor in front of various books and notes scattered on the floor. He was studying with Changbin beside him who was also lying on his stomach. There were some dirty dishes scattered as well on the corner. Felix's gaming console was nowhere to be found. Chan decided not to disturbed them and closed the door back with a smile on his lips.

_
First thing in the morning, Jisung's giggles could be heard around the house. He was sitting on Hyunjin's shoulders and his boyfriend indulging him like a weightless sack of rice. Before that happened, Hyunjin woke up alright and decided to prepare breakfast, he made his way down using the sliding pole. But before he could leave the area, he yelped when someone just landed their on his head. Then he heard a giggle.

"Well, good morning to you too, Jisungie." Hyunjin said and Jisung just giggled once again.

"Carry me towards the kitchen please!" Jisung said excitedly as he slid his down to the older's shoulders. Hyunjin sighed but there's a lovesick smile present on the corner of his mouth, good thing the younger couldn't see it. He just gripped on the younger's thighs to keep the younger from falling off of his shoulders.

Minho was the unfortunate one to witness that eyesore (according to him) of a sight, he's even still sleepy for witnessing something sickeningly sweet sight like this. It was also too early for these two lovebirds to be excited and being lovey dovey to each other. But he can't do something about that when they're living under the same roof, he just accepted his fate and continued to sip his coffee, looking bored and uninterested as he can be.

"Oh! Morning, hyung." Jisung acknowledged Minho on the table, he has this much energy for such still early morning. Hyunjin greeted the older too after he safely put his boyfriend down on one of the chairs there.

"How was your date with— damn, is that a hickey?" Jisung shrieked as he eyed on Minho's neck. Well, seemed like Minho did have a good time last night too. Minho just continued sipping on his coffee, unbothered, yet his chest puffed proudly. They indeed had a good time last night.

Hyunjin too got intrigued and intently looked at Minho's neck and seeing the big bruised surrounded by little bites there made him whistle lowly.

"I never thought Seungmin could be that wild."