Accident

I Found You

...two weeks later....

 

It’s around mid- autumn, the weather is colder than usual. Students in the college are all busy getting prepared before the exam. Some are attending additional classes in the late afternoon. Ji Soo was heading to the library when she stopped half way talking to one of the teachers. “...Yoongi..I’m heading home early...is it okay with you?...” Jin told him as they both walking out the cafeteria. “...no..it’s fine...I have something to do at the library anyway...I’ll see you later...”. Just as he walked around the corner, he notices the wind is blowing so strong. The sound of a clanking metal chain that hold the sign board can be heard. Yoongi stopped his way when he saw Ji Soo talking to someone. He doesn’t want to cross path with her. But his gaze doesn’t escape from noticing how lovely Ji Soo is. With her shoulder length hair blown softly against the cold wind she is indeed very pretty. Yoongi shook his head and cursed inside calling him a fool. Suddenly Yoongi noticed the metal chain that holding the sign board about to break. Ji Soo was still talking to the teacher when the sign board was about to fall. Without thinking Yoongi quickly rushed to her while shouted “.. look out!...” and pushed her aside instead the sign board fell on Yoongi’s back. “....are you alright?...” he said looking at Ji Soo. The girl froze in his arms staring straight into his dark orbs. Both of them didn’t realize how their bodies collided against each other until the teacher called “...are you alright Ji Soo?...” Yoongi quickly loosened his grip and moved away from her “...I’m sorry...” he managed with his red face. “...y..yes..I’m fine Mrs. Jung....”. “...huh!...I’m glad...if it’s not because of Yoongi...you would have been hurt...”. The teacher turned to Yoongi “..thanks Yoongi...are you alright?...are you hurt anyway?....” “...I’m fine Mrs Jung....just a little pain from the fall...” Yoongi answered. “...Ji Soo helped him to go to the infirmary...he might has bruises...” “..it’s okay Mrs Jung..” Yoongi tried to decline. “...no ..I witnessed the accident...it’s my responsibility to make sure you get treated....go!...”. Both Yoongi and Ji Soo walked together to the infirmary. “...I’m sorry...that you might hurt your back...” “...everyone will do the same...don’t worry about it...”. As they walked to the infirmary Ji Soo noticed that Yoongi was in pain. “....c’mon Yoongi...I know you don’t like me...but please this time let me just help you....your back is hurt...” she said taking a grip on his arm. Yoongi tried to moved away but Ji Soo tightened her grip on his arm while staring at him “..please...”.

 

Yoongi sat on the bed while Ji Soo was standing next to the nurse. His shirt has been removed and the blue purplish bruise clearly can be seen on his shoulder blade. The nurse treated him by putting on some ointment then wrapped his upper part of his abdomen up to his shoulder for support. “....just avoid any heavy lifting for the time being ...okay Yoongi...” the nurse told him. “..I’ll give you some pain killer to help....and rest your shoulder a lot....” she added “..thank you...” Yoongi said while bowing his head. “..thank you nurse Lee....” Ji Soo too thanked her. The two figures left the infirmary and was about to part way when Ji Soo said “.....wait!...it’s getting late...and I missed lunch....do you think you want to have lunch with me?...” Ji Soo asked trying her luck. “...what makes you think that I want to eat with you?...” the pale looking boy stared at her uninterestedly. Ji Soo regretted it by asking him. There’s growling sound came from Ji Soo’s stomach. She bit her lips while touching her small stomach. Yoongi looked at her then rolled his eyes. “..okay let’s go....but I’m not paying....you’re the rich one here....”.. He walked past her then Ji Soo’s face brightened up she followed quickly behind him. On the way Ji Soo called her driver not to pick her up until she called him later. “....where do you want to eat?....” Ji Soo asked politely. “...anywhere..I don’t mind...no..let’s go to the noodle soup restaurant....”.

 

Yoongi ordered two bowls of beef noodle for them. Some side dishes too along with some soda drinks. At first they ate in silence but half way through the meal Ji Soo slowly asked him “..how do you like the noodle?...” “...it’s delicious....” Yoongi answered while enjoying the noodles. Ji Soo let out a small smile watching him eating. Then Yoongi stopped and looked at her “.....why do you want to eat with me?....”. “.....I..I just want to thank you again for rescuing me earlier....”. Yoongi nodded his head “..okay..”. Then Ji Soo continued “..you were really great with your rapping....” Yoongi stopped and looked up at her “....what?..” “...I watched you performed last weekend....Min Ji took me there...” . “...Ohh...thank you...” Yoongi suddenly felt shy. He continued eating his noodle quickly. It’s different with the girl who’s sitting in front of him. Ji Soo seems to be enjoying herself watching Yoongi eating and most of all spending time with him. Yoongi finished his noodle and noticed that Ji Soo didn’t finish hers. “...why did you waste the food?..you should finished it...” he told her. “...no..I can’t ..it’s too much....”. “..rich people ..just like to waste food!...”. “ ...don’t worry...I’m paying for it...”. “...suit yourself....why should I worry....are you done?....” Yooni snapped back. Suddenly ji Soo’s phone rings. “ ..yeoboseyo?...yes..Mr Cha....I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.....”. She hung up and put her phone in her bag. “...your ride ?...” Yoongi asked as they were leaving the restaurant. “...yes...he’ll be waiting somewhere near the bus stop....”. Yoongi gave a quick glance then said “..I’ll walk you there....” “..no...it’s okay...it’s better he doesn’t see you....” Ji Soo quickly said to him. “....why?...is it because of your father?..” Yoongi shot back. The girl remained quiet instead lowering her head. “...okay...I’ll leave now....” Yoongi simply said then turned away leaving Ji Soo standing looking at his back.

 

“....Mr Cha....what happened at Ji Soo’s school?....she was late today?...” Mrs Han asked once Mr Cha arrived at the Han’s residence. “...w..well...she was tight up with some work group’s discussion...Madam....” Mr Cha lied and followed what Ji Soo told him. Mr Cha actually knew that Ji Soo went with Yoongi earlier because he saw them entering the restaurant. But Ji Soo herself didn’t know about it. “..really?...” Mr Cha just nodded his head. “...okay...you know how her father will react if he found out Ji Soo mixing with any random friends at her school....” Mrs Han added. “..yes, I know Madam...”.

 

“...Yoongi ah!...I just heard from Mrs Jung...are you alright?....” Jin asked the minute Yoongi walked into their small apartment. “....yeah...I’m fine ..just a little pain...” Yoongi answered while touching his shoulder. “..have you eaten?...’ Jin asked worriedly. “...I have...” Yoongi answered in short. “...that’s not like you...you never want to waste money by eating outside...and you loves my cooking...” “..ahh..you punk!...you only cooked ramen!...” Yoongi responded unbothered walking into his room. Jin followed him to his room “....did you eat with her?...”. As usual Yoongi the type doesn’t talk much just nodding his head. “..wow!...you one lucky bastard!...she’s really into you!....go for it Yoongi!...” Jin continued teasing him. Yoongi’s face turned red “..shut the up Jin!...there’s nothing!...she insisted ...just to thank me...”. Jin let out a small laugh and left his friend in the room.

 

Ji Soo was lying in her bed thinking about the lunch she had with Yoongi. Smiling to herself remembering how good looking actually Yoongi is. “...I’ll see you again tomorrow ...Min Yoongi..” she said to herself. “...Ji Soo...” there’s a knock on her door with a small voice calling her. “..yes...I’m coming in a minute....” Ji Soo responded to the voice. “....why aren’t you eating ?...” her father asked as they were sitting at the dinner table. “..I’m not so hungry...I ate some light snacks earlier...” she responded while playing the food on her plate. “...that’s unhealthy...dear...” the other woman told her while taking a sip of her drink. Ji Soo didn’t say anything instead slowly putting a spoonful of rice into . “...how’s everything with your study?...” Mr Han asked suddenly. “...okay...exam is coming soon...” Ji Soo answered her father politely. “...which university do you plan to go?....”. “..Seoul University..appa...”. “..that’s good...if you want I can send to Australia....would you like that?...”. “...it’s okay ..appa...I’ve been away so long already...I like to finish my study here...” ji Soo told her father. “...very well...if that’s what you want..”.

 

....a few days later....

 

Yoongi was shocked to see Ji Soo was waiting for him somewhere along the hallway to wards the music room. “....hi Yoongi...” she greeted him shyly. “..what are you doing here?...” “..well...I have one free period before my next subject....and I think I can watch you practice....” she explained then bit her lips “...only ..i.if you let me...” she added nervously. Yoongi sighed heavily and Ji Soo realized how much Yoongi doesn’t like her. “..it’s okay...I’ll just go...” she said in a low voice and turned away. “..!..” Yoongi cursed in his head and caught her hands quickly. “...c’mon..follow me...”. Ji Soo turned to look at him with her bright smile “..really?...” “..c’mon..before I change my mind...”. Yoongi sat in front of the brown piano while Ji Soo sat next to him. The boy laid his fingers along the key blocks. Pressing the key blocks which gives a warming up sound. Then he started playing the piano beautifully. Yoongi’s really good at it and Ji Soo was so shocked. He played until the end. Then Ji Soo clapped her hands “..wow!...you are great!...what’s the name of the song?..” she asked. “...I haven’t given it a name yet....” he simply responded. “...do you mean you wrote it?...” Yoongi nodded his head. Ji Soo’s eyes widened and she was speechless.

 

Min Yoongi

 

 

 

 

 

...end of chapter....