In the classroom....

YOU & ME = US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The new academic year was only beginning and students were still trying to find a routine for themselves in the second week of the semester when Jung Soo was having a mental breakdown on his way to college. He didn't have any friends there and he kept himself seated in the middle front of the classroom. Anyone within his radius who sat there had their own group of friends, not open to strangers. And he was anything but friendly.

Not like he hated people or had social anxiety but he just couldn't walk upto anyone and have a talk with them. He was worried how would he perform in the group projects when he had no group. Ignoring his imaginary problems he walked up to his first class of the day and settled down. When the professor entered, he was surprised to see that she hadn't brought her usual study material but instead was carrying only a diary. 

When she started speaking he found his fear coming to life. She said "good morning students. Today I will be assigning you your first project of the semester. Usually we give you an individual project so you can have a headstart with how to write thesis worthy of a graduating student but this year we decided to amp it up. Your first project will be in the groups of two that you will work with throughout your course of study. I hope that you will be good to your partner and share some workload. If any student is found to not be particiapting in the completion of the project, the marks to the student will not be awarded. You will be having a viva individually and group wise on each of the projects. Now I expect you to submit your names with your partner to me in next ten minutes so we can start the lesson."

As soon as she ended her speech the entire class started buzzing around. Everyone went to their friends and suddenly it was just two people who hadn't risen from their seats to submit their names, naturally because they didn't have partners. One of them was Jung Soo and other was a guy with eccentric hair colour and intimidating persona. Surprisingly, that guy came to him first and said "hi, I am Kim Hee Chul and I believe both of us don't have partners. If you don't mind would you like to work with me?"

Jung Soo though for a second and then realised who was he kidding, what other choice did he have than to accept the invitation of this smiling, white skinned, homey voiced man. Hence he nodded and introduced himself. Both shook their hands in a very formal manner like they were suppose to since they were in a lecture for business administration. Then they went upto register themselves together. Hee Chul spoke then "glad to finally have someone to talk to. I hope we can be good to each other. I look forward to working with you for next three years." Replying with a curt 'likewise', Soo went ahead to sit on his place.

When he heard some commotion on his right side, he looked up from his book only to find the beautiful man sitting next to him and setting up his stationary. He spoke "I thought that since we are partners we must sit together and not to mention, I took the liberty to invade your space as I would be doing so a lot more for the next semesters. I hope you don't mind and if you do, well you will have to adjust a bit. Also, I must say I find this location a bit uncomfortable. You might have noticed that I am a backbencher. But if you don't like last benches, we could come up with a compromise and sit in the middle rows because please, this one is way too out of tune for me." 

Soo stared at him for a minute straight and then said "okay." Hee was shocked by his behaviour and decided to unravel this mystery called Park Jung Soo. He took an oath internally that one day Soo won't be this sulky and quiet person that he is today.

Their next lecture was for minors and both of them had ot different. While Soo had Entertainment, Hee had Mechanical engineering. This was dominated by what business their father had because Soo's father owned an idol company in Seoul while Hee's father had a company of manufacturing hardware parts in Wonju. They went their own ways after that. But they had forgotten to exchange numbers.   

Thence when Hee saw Soo entering class the first thing in morning, he shouted his name and made him groan and walk with his head low till the middle centre of the class. They sat together over there and that's when Hee said "I forgot to ask you for your number yesterday. I wanted to know about the project because I was sleeping yesterday when she was explaining but I realized I had done the stupidest mistake in the history of having converstaions." 

Jung Soo only felt his migraine acting up and silently gave his number to Hee Chul. He also gave him his dorm number because Hee was adamant like that and got whatever he wanted always. They realised they lived in the same dorm, the one that allowed pets. Hee was happy and Soo was already regretting his life decisions. 

Over the course of their first year in college, there was only a handful of times, you would see the two of them not together. That was probably when they were on their way to attend their classes for respective minors. They made it a habit to pick each other up from their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter