With my boss....

YOU & ME = US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being heir to a multi national company brought its own sense of distress to Hee Chul. He cherished the life his father had worked to provide him with but the expectations of strangers to be perfect at all times was taking its toll on him. He was cooped up in his room sized cubicle surrounded by flat files full of things he didn't want to know about but had to learn. he has had this routine of coming first and staying till late ever since his father made him a part of Board of Directors [BOD]. 

Don't think he is being narcisstic, he had started from low level as well. He had completed his internship from their partnering company so that no one doubts his capabilities and then after he got his degree, he started at his own company at managerial level. He had graduated in business administration, minor international business and was taught the tips and tricks even before he started walking. He sometimes direly wished if his sister could take his place. But she was happily married and was looking after her twins while working in her husband's business. He couldn't really ask her to share some load from this company as well when he knows that she would unquestioningly take some work. 

This was the third time in this week when his secretary had overbooked him and he was going crazy every second she was sitting beside to take minutes of the meeting. Next day was Saturday and he planned to sleep in and come late to the office. Not like anyone would be welcoming him over there. As soon as the meeting finished, he packed up first and left for home. For the first time, he didn't wait for his secretary to leave. 

Unbeknownst to him, she had complained to his father that he was always irritated and was taking out his frustration on her when he had done no such things. He respected the fact that she was a female and he had given the liberty to her take five days a month off to take care of herself in her private days. He was actually a very caring man. Hence why he was confused when his father ringed him up late at night. 

He called only when he had something to say but today he wasn't in the mood to listen. He still accepted the call and wished. But what the other party said made his blood boil. His father said "I have received charges against you that you have been harrassing your secretary. I better not get to hear such things anymore and that is why tomorrow you are going to have an interview of ten shortlisted candidates who could possibly be your next secretary. I will hear no more from you unless it is to tell me who have you chosen." 

Without letting him utter a single word, not even a goodbye, his father had cut the call. On one side he was agitated that his assisstant had wrongly accused him and that he won't get to do his work as he has planned tomorrow. On the other hand, he was happy that he won't have to see that ever again. He went to the sleep with a smile on his face wishing his late sleep a goodbye as well. 

Next day he reached his office on his usual time and started his work. Since the interviews were scheduled post lunch, one thing some one had done right, he began his journey through the files. When the time for the meeting came, he went to the meeting room. He was alone in the office that day and so, suddenly seeing ten strangers in his space had hit him deeply. Keeping a straight face he walked in and said that he would require all of them to wait outside while he asks questions to each one of them personally. 

With every single person he had same set of questions apart from what his father had prepared for him. He called this round a hot seat game and only five candidates would be able to play this. The bottom five had been eliminated for improper replies, posture, gesture and trials of seduction.

He knows, don't remind him that he looks good. He also knows that he can't hire such people as they don't at all contribute to the growth and development of the company. 

Back to the scene, the game was all about real life situations. He made all five of them sit in a straight line and randomly asked anyone any question. It could be about the secretary's response to an emergency which occurred due to communication problems with dealers or about negotiation with clients or just randomly his life's management. Listening to the replies of those guys, he started having a headache. Only one person was giving sensible answers and he thought what process does his father choose to pick out these poeple. 

He on the spot employed the sensible person named Jung Soo and asked him to stay back while he had let the others go. hearing them groan and complain out loud in a discussing manner only made him curse them more. He then asked the guy when would he like to join and the reply astounded him. Jung Soo said "if you would excuse me sir, considering the fact that you are alone here on a weekend and had arrived a lot earlier than the scheduled time of the interview, I imagine you having lot of work at the moment. If you wouldn't mind my presence and lack of knowledge in being a helpful assistant, I would like to start from this today itself." 

It took Hee Chul half a minute to reply and then he said "I will be truthful that I hadn't expected that. I thought that you would say something like Monday as that's what most people say and the question was just for formality. Don't worry, you can go home to your family for this weekend and I hope to see you on Monday." Jung Soo shook his head and said "I don't have anyone to wait for me sir. I would really like to start work as of now. Not only would it help you, It would help me as well in not feeling so lonely and having something to do with myself." 

Hee Chul thought for some time and replied "okay, follow me." While on the way back, Hee called his father to inform him that he had chosen his new secretary and his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter