To a cup of coffee....

YOU & ME = US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being an orphan who was thrown out of his orphanage at around 16, Jung Soo worked hard to support his education. He had lived contently in his previous abode but he always have wanted to achieve something more than that. That was probably why he was majoring in Culinary Skills in college where got in through scholarship and special program for economically unstable students. He worked in a coffee shop and library to support his extra expenses. 

The job of library allowed him to take on more books than other students. A few seats were seperately reserved only for students helping out in library. Since the college couldn't pay them much, this was their way of compensation. The income from coffee shop helped Soo to purchase his stationary and project materials. Since he didn't own any devices except for a phone that he had purchased second hand when he worked for completing his high school. Hence why he researched for his projects at the school's computer cafe. Thus, the graveyard shift at the cafe. 

He never complained for his shift because it helped him in completing his projects and studying, revising his materials. Not many people visited during that time and if anyone did, their orders were pretty easy to make. Most people order either Iced Americano or a simple Cappuchino or Latte at the time. Very few went for caramel or hazelnut or any other type of syrups. This greatly helped in reducing his work load and stress related to it. 

One fine midnight, thunders roaring outside and rain bellowing at the world, Jung Soo was busy revising his subjects as the next day his midterms were going to start. Even though a crowd was expected the pour made it inconvenient and so the cafe was dead silent. Breaking his concentration, someone enetered the shop making the bell chime above the door ring and inform the barista of his presence. Jung Soo raised his head to welcome the stranger and stood still gazing keeping his stare fixed at the guest. 

The guest chuckled when he noticed that Jung Soo hadn't blinked ever since he had stepped inside. Hearing his laugh Jung Soo came out of his stupor and greeted in his official tone. The stranger accepted it with a nod and said "it's raining cats and dogs outside and I saw the lights of this shop switched on so decided to take shelter here for some hours. I hope I am not being a disturbance." 

Though Soo was totally encaptured with his voice, he forced himself to reply "not at all sir. How may I help you this bombastic evening?" Hearing his words the guy laughed loudly and it reverbrated inside the cafe making a shiver go down the spine of Soo. He said "if you don't mind brewing me a cup of macchiato with two spoons of sugar. And I would like a Mint Chocolate doughnut, I haven't seen that before, I would like to try it. For savory, I will have a Cheese filled croissant." 

Soo expressed his disgust for the flavor of doughnut but otherwise entered the order on his computer and asked for the phone number and name of the visitor to proceed with reciept. Providing the man with his bills, he went onto make the drinks. He thought that while he was already at the counter, he should make one for himself as well and went ahead to do so. While the coffee was brewing he kept the croissant to heat up and plated the doughnuts. When the tray was ready to be served, he turned around to take the order to the table only to be surprised to find the customer still at the counter looking through the dishes still kept in showcase. 

He put the tray on the table, bringing his own drink as well and said "all of these are freshly made. Our chef cooks a batch of everything anew every evening for midnight visitors." The guest nodded and noticed that the barista was busy before he walked in. He then said "if you don't mind, would you like to accompany me at the table? You can study there while I do my resea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter