But the boys....

YOU & ME = US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a warm sunny day, perfect for taking his nephews to park and ice cream, Jung Soo thought as he sat on the bench beside the playground and kept an eye open on his responsibilty. Being their godfather and only uncle, there hasn't been any wish that he hasn't fulfilled, even if he had to hear curses for days from his sister and brother in law. When he had held them for the first time, he had taken an oath that he would do everything in his power to keep the two happy. 

Just as he was going to avert his eyes he saw two kids running towards the ground. He knew his nephews were very curious and self harming people so he inched himself closure to them. He stopped when he saw that the new two little ones had averted their avenue as soon as they saw his guys. He frowned at that because he had never seen anyone done that. When he was going to go back to his seat considering the four weren't going to talk to each other, he saw another man of his age observing his movements. 

Assuming the man to be their guardian he went to them and said 'hi I am Jung Soo and those two little ones are my nephews." The guy looked at him, the hand he had offered and the little guys so mentioned. After a moment of thought he said "my name is Hee Chul and those two are my sons." Soo was surprised at that and judging by the expression of the other, he had probably not masked it in anyway.

It seemed as if the guy was agitated with his facial contortion so he said "I am sorry for whatever you just saw on my face since I don't really know what it had expressed. But I can tell you my honest thought and that is I am in awe. I mean you look my age and you were ready for the responsibility called kids when I can't even manage myself well. Hence, please excuse my face and come sit with me on that bench so we can keep an eye on our menaces." 

Hee cracked a smile at his last sentence and nodding, went forward to sit on the bench and enjoy his day off. Soo didn't like silence at all so he said "my today's company is 5 and twins. Their names are Lee Hyuk Jae and lee Dong Hae." Hee hummed listening to the names and said "my little bugs are of same age and twins too. Their names are Kim Ryeo Wook and Kim Ki Bum."

Listening to the names Soo jumped on his place and said "I have heard those names before. Do your kids go to Soom Nursery and Play School too?" Hee nodded and said "that's why the names sounded familiar. You must be well versed with their inability to tolerate each other then." Soo agreed and explained how he never really understood how all of this started and why they were still stuck at it.

It had been 2 years since the kids first met each other and they were still in silent war. It is a sin in their respective homes to take the other set of twins names. No one knows the reason and so the two guardians sit there, forgetting their kins, and discuss what might have triggered their sensitive bones. When they remembered the sole reason of their presence at a park in the mid afternoon, they turned their heads to look for their own sets but found them staring at them. 

One of the Kim twins said "who are you?" and Hee chided saying "that's not how you are supposed to greet your elders Wook. Mind your manners or no more park visits this week." Wook immediately went in a bow and following his brother the other boy did so too. Soo raised an eyebrows at his boys and they bowed as well greeting the elder Kim. 

The boys all but glared at each other all through out. Before the fight could break out Hee said if any of them wanted to eat an Ice Cream. Everyone raised their hands and Soo was surprised at the turn of events. All of them went to the shop together and the kids gelled well when they had their favourite sweet treats in their hands. Soo was all about being inquisitive and his last thought was that his mouth was going to bite him back in the , but that was for later. 

He asked "okay, so clearly you guys can like each other when you want to. So what forbids you to be civil with each other?" Without blinking an eye both the Kim twins said "mother." And with that Hee's fuse went off. He was fuming like a volcano on its way to eruption. Soo still didn't understand anything and wanted to pry more. 

He asked "why would your mother ask you to not make friends?" The seemingly elder twin, Wookie replied "mother was there with us on the first day of the school. She said that we have to always be together and make sure not to make friends. She said so because people are bad and they might misuse us. She said she only wanted the best for us and that is why we shouldn't interact much." 

Before Soo could put in his thoughts or Hee could correct them about their apprehensions, the little twin said "but now that we know that not all people are bad we will be good to Lee and Lee. They are our friends now and friends are the people we love. Dad says that when you love someone you protect them like he protects us because he loves us. So we are going to protect the Hyuk and Hae. No one can bully them anymore." The Lee twins who were only listening to the entire conversation rejoiced at that and Hyuk said "our mama says that no person is bad unless you behave bad with them. Maybe your mama had some bad experiences but we are good. And we are happy to be your first friend ever. We will also protect from now so no one can tease you." 

Noticing that Hee needed a few moments Soo sent the kids to the washroom to wash their hands and faces. That's when the first the tear fell from Hee's eyes and he spoke "that , she dared to poison my little kids mind. I am so not going to give my kids to her anymore. Let the court trial begin. I am literally gonna drag her down the floor and make sure the kids know that their mother is a bad person. I didn't even know they were being teased in school for not having mother. What kind of failed father I am." Soo soothed Hee while he cried his eyes out. 

After everything was settled and the kids came back, they exchanged their number with the excuse of planning playdates and went their ways. From then on Soo changed his routine and went to drop and pick up the kids. His sister found that weird and inquired about it from the kids. When they confessed that he had made friends the Mr Kim, the teasing began, and siblings are ruthless in that. He avoided her as much as possible but she was his only family except his dog so they had to meet quiet many times a week for his liking. 

The k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter