Chapter IX

Someday We'll Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third POV

 

They rushed her to the hospital as Dohyeon immediately assess Jeongyeon. A nurse reported on him all the injuries Jeongyeon got. A stab wound and gunshot along with few bruises Dohyeon immediately respond to Jeongyeon as the latter's heartbeat keeps getting weaker they did everything they can to revive her heart after they did so Jeongyeon was immediately sent to the operating room to remove the bullet and suture the stab wound she got. Mina and Jihyo patiently waited outside the operating room as Seungyeon just arrived from the police station to take care of the stuff. "How was she?" Seungyeon asked right after she arrived. "They rushed her inside after they got a steady heartbeat" Jihyo replied while Mina is seated and staring at nothing. Seungyeon seat beside her and gently tap her shoulder "Jeongyeon will be okay she's a fighter" Seungyeon said while looking straight to her eyes. As Mina begin to become teary eyed Seungyeon pull her into a hug and let Mina cried her eyes out "She'll be back. I'm sure she will" she added.

 

After a 4 hour operation Dohyeon finally stepped out the room as he is one of the doctors who assisted the surgeon on the operation "She's stable, for now we'll have to monitor her and had to run a few other test to double check everything" Dr. Park said Seungyeon and Mina breathe in relief. "Dahaengida" (What a relief) Mina breathe out "She'll be in ICU for a few days to further monitor her progress" Dohyeon added as they saw Jeongyeon being wheeled to the ICU with several tubes connected to her. Mina stepped out to take care of the paper work. Seungyeon was left with Dohyeon "Soljighi malhaeba, Is she really... safe?" (Tell me honestly) Seungyeon ask while staring at Jeongyeon inside the ICU. "She is its just that her body is becoming weaker and weaker" Dohyeon told her honestly "I know there is still a way we can still have the surgery right?" Seungyeon ask hopeful that there is still a possibility that her sister will live longer. Dohyeon look at her and held both of her hand "I'll find a way don't worry" he said.Mina practically lived on the hospital for almost a whole week as Jeongyeon almost slip into coma right after the operation. Mina is on her way to Jeongyeon's room and found no one inside she panicked and was about to call the nurse when she heard a flush on the toilet and a grinning Jeongyeon appeared she got teary eyes and run to hug her tightly "You scared me" she whisper Jeongyeon put her hand on her back and gently pat her. They stay for a couple of minutes hugging afraid that if one of them let go it'll be all just a dream. "Did you miss me that much?" Jeongyeon teased as Mina replied with a "Yes, so much" making the latter a blushing mess. "I like you too, so don't do that. Don't you ever leave me like that" Mina added as she pull out and cupped both of her cheeks "This is not an act nor I'm doing this because you save me. I already like you in our 8 months of marriage I fell for you" she said then lean in to gave Jeongyeon a quick peck on her lips. "Don't push me to anyone else because all I want is to be with you" she said after the passionate kiss Jeongyeon smile when she felt their wedding ring on her left ring finger Mina took her ring and slip it to Jeongyeon's left ring finger. Jeongyeon smile and kiss Mina on the lips more passionate full of love and affection. Pulling out from the kiss then leaning on each other's forehead while lovingly stare at each other. Jeongyeon couldn't ask for more and would do everything in her power to live with Mina until they're both old and gray. Mina promised herself she will do everything to prove her love for her and would do whatever it takes to make Jeongyeon the happiest wife in the world. "Are you two done yet?" Momo ask almost earning a slap from Sana "Let them be Jeongyeon was asleep for almost a week of course Mina would miss her" she replied. Mina a blushing mess while hiding behind Jeongyeon still clinging on her arm. Momo, Sana, and Dahyun went inside and put the fruits they bought "We understand that you both miss each other but don't do it here I'm sure that whoever saw you doing it they will eventually kick you out the hospital" Sana teased the couple "A-a---" Jeongyeon was about to talk when she was interrupted by Dahyun who said "You don't need to explain unnie we understand" while smirking they were interrupted by Seungyeon and Kkumhan. "Unnie" she run and hug Jeongyeon "O-ohh" she groan as the little girl almost hit her wound and eventually giggle as the little girl went to hug her tight. "Dohyeon mention you should take a break for a few more days before you can go back to your daily activities" Seungyeon reminded Jeongyeon nod and let Kkumhan sleep on her. After the mini reunion as Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, and Tzuyu also arrive after a few minutes and eventully have a small reunion.

 

After all of their guest left leaving Mina and Jeongyeon alone in the room and the sleeping Kkumhan. "Join us" Jeongyeon said tapping the empty space beside her Mina smiled and accepted her offer and eventually sleep with them on the hospital bed. Jeongyeon watch both Mina and Kkumhan sleep she smile as Seungyeon stepped inside the room. "Unnie I need to talk to you, you and Dohyeon oppa" she said Seungyeon nod as both of them went to Dohyeon's office shocked to see both of them on his office. "I want to live Oppa" Jeongyeon said before Dohyeon can offer them to seat down. "My team will do everything in our power to fight this we can make it Jeongyeon" Dohyeon said as he already check all available option for her "I'm currently checking all the available options, once I thoroughly check all of which and found the best solution for you I can always email it to you" he added "But Mina doesn't need to know about any of this" Jeongyeon said making Dohyeon and Seungyeon shocked "She's still your wife Jeongyeon" Seungyeon reasoned "Exactly the reason she doesn't need to know" Jeongyeon said firmly both Seungyeon and Dohyeon just sigh and nod agreeing to what Jeongyeon said. Jeongyeon went back to her room along with Seungyeon and saw both Mina and Kkumhan still fast asleep. "Are you sure you wouldn't want Mina to know?" Seungyeon ask "I already know that both of you are already a thing. Your wife needs to know" she added "It would be the best for her to know nothing. I want her to be able to move on if ever there would be no other solution for my case" Jeongyeon said then went to her wife. It's finally the day that Jeongyeon will be discharged as all her injuries are healing bit by bit.

 

Jeongyeon was able to hold on for a months despite experiencing constant chest pain, shortness of breathe, and too much fatigue she was able to withstand it against all odds she already know her body will soon be at its limit. Jeongyeon was preparing breakfast when she felt a sharp pain through her chest "Just a few more minutes" Jeongyeon plead holding the edge of the counter more tightly "Just let me finish her breakfast until she left... Please" clenching her chest more tightly she saw Mina on the side asking "You feeling good" Jeongyeon smile through the pain "Oh Gwaenchanha" she said "You sure?" Mina asked "Oh Don't worry too m-much" and turn around. Mina shrugged it off and went to wash herself and prepare for the day as its another day in the café. Jeongyeon inhale deeply and breath heavily and "Just let her leave... I don't want her to see me this weak" she composed herself and went back on making their breakfast when she suddenly feel nauseous and got dizzy she smile when she saw Mina left the room and everything went black. Jeongyeon's body give in and collapse on the kitchen while preparing their breakfast Mina panicked after hearing a lou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter