Project

Chasing Pavements

Tiffany is silently taking her breakfast together with her parents and Sulli. She's peacefully eating when suddenly a maid put few brochures beside her juice made her stop from eating.


She grab some of it and look at the maid. "Ajhumma what's this?" She ask but the maid is hesitant to answer her.


"Brochures from few famous schools in America." Her father answered while eating.


Her mother and Sulli look at both of them. Tiffany sigh then put the the brochures down. "I told you for the umpteenth time, I won't go there." She said without looking at her father as she continue to eat her breakfast.


"You will. Choose what school you'll be attending from the brochures." Her father said. "Or I will be the one who will choose for you."


"Whatever Dad. I'm tired of this topic." She said as she continued to eat.


"Stephanie Hwang Miyoung I-"


"What Dad? You'll gonna scold me again? Come on Dad. We both know I'm used to it. Aren't you getting tired of this? Everytime. Everytime we're together like this, it's all what you can say. If that's all what you can say, I'm leaving." With that, she stood up and went away to school.


Her mother could only sigh. She looked at her husband who is fuming with anger. 


-------


"Had another fight with your Dad again?" Victoria ask as they walk towards to the university.


Tiffany nod. "That's not new Vic." 


Victoria sigh and wrap an arm around Tiffany's shoulders, giving her a friendly hug. "Forget it and be free!" She joke earning small chuckle from Tiffany. 


"That's it! Do that more often!" Victoria giggled.


"Everyone's looking at us!" Tiffany said as she tries hard not to giggle.


"Who cares?" Victoria giggled again.


Not too far from them, Taeyeon is walking. The moment she saw Tiffany's beautiful eye smile and heard her laugh, it made her smile too and her heart beat go wild. She feels like it took away her breath. She felt nervous for some reason she doesn't know. 'She getting more beautiful each day.' She said to herself as she watch Tiffany from a far.


From that moment, she realizes that she's starting to feel that familiar feeling again. With that realization, she forced herself to snap out from her daze and force tear off her eyes from Tiffany.


'Geez Taeyeon. Are you at it again? Stop it!' She mentally scolded herself as she put her headset on and turn her iPod on as she continued to walk, passing over Tiffany and Victoria along the way.


'Past is past Taeyeon.' She said to herself. Finally entering the university.


-------


"So today, I want you and your partner to talk about your project. So, you may begin now." Taena said as he took a seat on his chair.


Taeyeon and Tiffany sits beside each other with a big space between them. It seems like the awkwardness filled the big space between them.  


Taeyeon decided to speak. Since if they continue doing nothing, they won't finish anything. She cleared to get Tiffany's attention, which is outside of the lecture hall. 


"So, what are we going to do with the project?" She coolly asks. 


Tiffany turn to her and rolled her eyes at her. "Why it has to be you?" She bitterly muttered.


But Taeyeon heard it. She felt hurt at first. But knowing their situations with each other made her think that she has no right to feel hurt. 


"Yeah, I've already asked that same question. But even though you dislike me to be your partner, for the sake of this project, can you please cooperate with me? I know you hate me. But if you like I can ask prof to exchange partners with Daebung. That guy over there." Taeyeon pointed the fat yet ert looking guy sitting on the first row with his nerd looking guy partner. 


Tiffany look at him with disgust. "Wait here, I'll just talk to prof." Taeyeon was about to stand up when a hand grab her wrist to stop her. She turn to Tiffany. "What?"


Tiffany immediately let go the older wrist and blush. "I-it's fine. I don't need to exchange partners with that eww guy."


Taeyeon secretly grin. "Okay then. Shall we start talking about the project? Do you like singing?"


Taeyeon managed to get Tiffany talk to her even though she would occasionally receive glares, bitter words and frownings from the girl. But it's enough for Taeyeon. At least somehow she got Tiffany open up a bit to her. She silently wish the girl would continue open up to her.


----------


Taena look up from the book he is silently reading. He saw her goddaughter and the girl she used to tell him about talk. He smiled a little. Though the girl would sometimes a glared and frowned at Taeyeon, he knows her goddaughter is trying to open up the girl. He hope that this idea would help his dear goddaughter to fix everything between her and Tiffany.


----------


On the other side of the room, Jessica is watching Taeyeon and Tiffany talk. She can't help but to feel jealous and envy. She feel a twinge of envy because Tiffany is Taeyeon's partner instead of her and jealous that Taeyeon is talking with Tiffany. 


While Yuri, she's reading some notes in her notebook while talking about the project and suggesting some songs to Jessica. But when she look up to Jessica, she saw that the older one is not listening at all. In one look, she can tell that Jessica is jealous as the girl stares at Taeyeon and Tiffany.


Ouch.


Yuri felt tightened, so she swallowed hard. She swallowed as if it can take away the bitterness she feels right now. She won't deny that she is starting to feel unwanted and jealous right now. She is in front of Jessica, yet all the girl can see is her bestfriend, who sits across the room.


The feeling of being unwanted and jealousy is really one of the worst feelings to feel from the person you love the most. Even more when you can't tell this to the person you love because she's not even yours.


'Can I say that I'm hurting too?'


She glanced at Taeyeon and Tiffany, it seems the two are finally warming up to each other. She sigh in relief. But still, she's hurt, the look in Jessica's eyes towards Taeyeon breaks her heart. Because she can see the love in Jessica's eyes.


'But it's my choice to get hurt, right? Because I'm so inlove with a person who loves someone else. Would there be a day where you finally feel the same way?'


There's really no one to blame. You can't blame the person you're in love with if they don't feel the same way. Because that person is also inlove with someone who doesn't love her back. So it's quits. And maybe they are just not the one for you or all you need is time before they can finally able to return your feelings. 


It's not your heart's fault, because all that little thing did was to pump blood in your body and help you breathe. Maybe it's just the timing you got it wrong. It's love, we don't get to chose who we'll love. We'll just suddenly feel it before we know it. And there's no explanation why we really love that certain person. 


Loving is the easiest thing to do, but finding someone who will love you the way you love them is not that easy. Sometimes, it's one of the hardest. Yuri knows that. She could've find someone else to love, but there's something with Jessica that made it hard for her to fall for someone else. 


'I wish I knew how to make a feeling stop.'


---------


Taeyeon always find talking with Tiffany is really awkward after what happened in the past. But she have to swallow the awkwardness for the sake of her grade. She is sure it's the same with Tiffany. She might even irritated talking with her. She guess. 


"So, uh, do-do you like singing?" She asks as tries not to stutter too much.


"Yes. How about you?" Tiffany answered straight. She too, is feeling too awkward talking with Taeyeon. And like Taeyeon, she have to go with it for the sake of her grade. She can't afford to get a fail grade. Now that she's proving to her father that her decisions are right. And since she likes music it's not much harder for her to do the project with Taeyeon.


"Uh, yeah. I like singing." Taeyeon answered. "Our topic is about finally having the person you've been in love for so long. Do you have a song you can suggest?"


"Is that so? Let me think a song," Tiffany tried to think a song. She can't remember a song that can relate to their topic. 


Too busy in thinking, she unconsciously pout her lips and furrowed her eyebrows while tapping her chin. Taeyeon found it amusing to see this side of Tiffany. She usually see the girl serious and quiet. And this expression of Tiffany only made the girl more pretty in Taeyeon's eyes. 


“You can't think of a song?" Taeyeon asks.


Tiffany nod. "Yeah. It's weird. I like listening to a lot of songs and yet I can't think of a song that will fit for our topic." She answered normally. As if forgetting that it's Taeyeon that she's talking to.


Taeyeon notice it. She just smiled. 'Finally, awkwardness is starting to go away.' 


"I always listen to foreign songs." She said. "How about you? Do you listen to it too?"


"Yes I do. I also listen to the artists like Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey and a bit of Rihanna. And also Taylor Swift." Answered Tiffany.


"Oh. Me too." Taeyeon answered and smiled a little.


"Okay. Listen Taeyeon, I'm gonna talk with you nicely. Only for the sake of this project. But after this, please don't talk to me again. I don't really like talking with you." Tiffany have to make things clear with the older girl, because she don't want Taeyeon to misunderstand her 'nice' way of talking with her. Okay maybe not nice but much better than before which usually has a hint of annoyance in her voice or irritated.


Taeyeon of course feel hurt. What Tiffany said to her is too harsh for her. No one had ever said that to her until now. But she knows the reason why Tiffany is treating her like this. She nod, "I understand. It's fine you know. We just have to do it fast so I can finally leave you alone. Would you like to know number? In that way you can just text me if you finally have a song you want to suggest." 


Tiffany look at her in bewilderment. 'Did I made it sound to harsh? Why am I worried anyway?' 


"You don't like my number? Then how about my email address then?" Taeyeon asks.


"I'm fine with your number." Tiffany answered and give her phone to the latter, who immediately typed her phone number. After that, she return the phone to the owner.


"Here. I'm also fine with what you like to put on my name. Midget, fun-sized girl or whatever you like. I hope it will make you feel better." Taeyeon said and smiled a bit. She looked at her wrist watch and stood up with her bag. "Our time is almost over. I'll be just there with Jessica and Yuri since I don't want to force you talking with me too long." She said and went towards Jessica and Yuri.


Tiffany only watch the older girl walk away.


-------


Yuri silent took a seat on her assigned chair next to a short brunette girl. She put her bag beside her table and let a sigh before leaning to her chair. She blankly stared at her table while busy with her thoughts. The short girl notice her. She nudge Yuri with her elbow to get the tall girl's attention.


"Are you okay Kwon?" Ask the girl who successfully got Yuri's attention.


Yuri turn to her. "Huh? I'm okay. I'm just thinking things Hyo." 


Kim Hyoyeon, Yuri's classmate in Entrepreneurship subject and because of her friendly personality, she became good friends with the tall girl since the first day. "Easy there Kwon. Don't make yourself think too much. You always think a lot, you know that? I often notice you doing that. Careful, who knows maybe because of too much thinking, you'll end up in a Mental hospital instead of graduating Business Management and Administration." She tried to joke. 


Yuri sigh. "I won't end up there. Maybe you. In the first place, you're the one who should go there. And if ever you end up there, don't worry I'll visit you."


Hyoyeon's eyes widen. "Wha-? Yah!!" She glared at the tall girl.


Yuri laugh. "Gotcha!"


Hyoyeon playfully glared at Yuri. "I can't believe you got me there Kwon!"


Yuri giggled. "You should've seen your face!"


"Yeah yeah yeah. I know I'm still pretty anyway." Hyoyeon batted her eyelashes at Yuri.


Yuri frown. "Oh for the love god Hyoyeon, please stop that. It's making me puke."


"Whatever," Said Hyoyeon. "So what's up? Whatcha thinkin' about?"


"The usual. School, projects-"


"Or that special someone." Hyoyeon cut her off.


Yuri furrowed her eyebrow and look at Hyoyeon in a bit of confuse. 'Does she know?'


"Pffft! Kidding!" Hyoyeon then laughed.


"Psh.. Typical Hyoyeon." Yuri mumbled to herself while shaking her head.


"So have you reviewed for the exam today?" Ask the short girl.


Yuri turn to her and nod. "Yeah. You?"


"Psh.. Typical Yuri." Hyoyeon imitated her then giggled.


"Tss.. Whatever." Yuri said. "So have you reviewed for today?"


"Oh come on! What's the point of having a genius seat mate? Of course I didn't!" 


Yuri sigh. "Kim Hyoyeon, you're hopeless."


"Come on Kwon! I'm gonna give you my cousin's latest magazine together with her autograph if you'll let me copy you're answers! How's that?" Hyoyeon winked at her.


"Like I know who is you're celebrity cousin," Yuri said to herself then turn to Hyoyeon once again. "Fine. You'll do everything just so you can copy my answer even if I refused to you anyway."


"Yay! Thanks Kwon!"


"Review when you have time Hyoyeon!"


-------


A/N: Hiya! I'm back. Sorry I took too long, but anyway, I hope you enjoyed. :)