Prologue

Chasing Pavements

There are times in our life when we commit mistakes. With these mistakes, some made us learn, made us stronger, made us cry, in some occasions it made us happy, but it often brought us pain, sadness and most of all regrets.


Sometimes all we want is to move on, but regrets are making it hard for us. There are times we just wish to go back in the past and make things right. Then sometimes at night you can't fall asleep because when you go to sleep, memories keep replaying inside your mind, while endlessly thinking of what ifs.


What if I didn't do that? What if I did this, will things became better? What if that one was what I should've chose? There are so many what ifs you could think about when you are regretting something.


They said another mistake won't correct the past mistake. A mistake will always be a mistake unless you tried to make it right. Everyone has the right to deserve a second chance to make things right that they once wronged. But sometimes with just a single mistake, it's already too late to bring back something, or someone that's too important for you even if you were given a second chance. That's how regret shows up.


When you commit mistake to someone, be brave enough to admit it and take responsibility for what you've done. Don't take too long before you apologize, because sometimes revenge can be a big pain in . I'm telling you. 


Kim Taeyeon has regrets in life, just like how everyone else have their regrets. One of her regrets started with a simple silly childish attitude that she didn't expect she will carry it until she grew up. 


When she got in to a university, she planned to have a new life in college together with her bestfriends. All she ever want is to have a peaceful college life in this school. 


Though she already expect the stress, the boring classes, hard assignments and projects, killer tests and quizzes, and the start of those sleepless nights. But she never expect someone will be also on it. Someone she thought she would never meet again. 


Someone who will remind her of a certain regret she just want to forget.


-------


The loud sound of the alarm clock force the baby faced girl leave her dream land as she groggily open her eyes. She tried to stretch her muscles, only to find her left arm is being used as a pillow by the another girl in the bed who's arms are around her waist.


The baby faced girl sigh and yawn. She then tried to get out from the grasp of the other girl, but the latter groan and only tightened her grip on her more.


The older girl groan in frustration. She pat the latter's cheek, "Sica-ah wake up. We're gonna be late for school if you didn't wake up." She said, but got no response from the girl. "Sica, I'll be counting 1-5. And if you don't wake up after that, I'll be forced to put cucumbers all over your face."


"1.. 2.. 3... 4..... 4 and 1/2! Aaand.. 5." The older girl inwardly groan. "Okay, I'll go get some cucumbers from the fridge now." She said and got up, successfully escaping from the tight grip of the latter.


Noticing her warm 'pillow' left her, Jessica forcefully pick up her body and sit with her eyes are still close. She sigh in frustration. "Fine! I'm awake!" 


Taeyeon chuckled at the sight of her cute bestfriend, who looks very y in her bed hair and night gown. Seducing it may look like, but for Taeyeon it's cute. She ruffled the hair of her bestfriend even more and kiss her forehead. "Good morning Sica. Go get up and take a shower now. I'll be taking the shower downstairs." Then she got up and left the room.


-------


"Awww Taengo! I'm still sleepy!" The pouting Jessica whined at her bestfriend.


The older girl look at her in disbelief. "What? You're still sleepy even though you slept for 9hrs?!" Taeyeon shook her head and sigh. She mutters, "Why am I still surprised when I'm already used to this? Sigh.. Jessica and her sleeping habit."


"Don't think I can't hear you!" Said Jessica.


Taeyeon just smiled at her and shook her head gently. Then she turn to stare at the front view of the main building of the university, she smiled. 


'College life, please be good to me.' Taeyeon mentally said.


Jessica stares at her lovingly, as if her eyes wants convey what's her real feelings for the older girl. She slowly brought her hand to her chest, where her heart is located, feeling the fast beats of her heart as she look at Taeyeon.


Oblivious of what Jessica is doing, Taeyeon turn to her. She smiled at her and intertwine their hands together. Taeyeon gently squeezed it. "Let's go? We should wait for Sooyoung, Yuri and Sunny before we can tour around here in the campus. I heard they have beautiful mini parks here inside." 


Jessica return the smile and nod in response as they walked together hand in hand.