YOU?!

Chasing Pavements


"Taengoo?"


"Hmmm?"


"Why is Soo taking so long?"


Taeyeon and Jessica are in the mini park inside the university, waiting for someone. They are currently sitting at the bench under the big tree that hide them away from the sun and in front of them, a not too far beautiful fountain is located.


Jessica decided to rest her head on Taeyeon's right shoulder enjoying Taeyeon's scent. Jessica feels very content at their current position.


"Sooyoung told me last night that we should wait for her here. I don't know why the heck is she taking too long." Taeyeon answered. Feeling sleepy a bit due to boredom.


"How about Yuri?"


Taeyeon let a small sigh. "We did not talked last night so I don't know." She answered.


"Ah..."


"Do you feel sleepy?"


Jessica nods a bit. "Mmmm.. Yeah. A bit."


"Then sleep. We still have," Taeyeon glanced at her watch before continuing. "45 minutes before the class start."


Jessica secretly smile. She really loves Taeyeon's sweetness to her. She love how the older girl care for her knowing she's a sleepy head. She can imagine them looking like a couple having their date because of their current position. She's holding herself not to giggle like a highschool girl in love.


She giggle a bit. "I will Tae. Thanks."


"No problem." Taeyeon said as she rest her chin at top of Jessica's head for while. Inhaling the sweet scent of Jessica.


Jessica felt it and blush a bit because of that. She force herself to shrug it off and just concentrate to sleep.


Minute pass, Jessica finally asleep now. Taeyeon smiled at Jessica's sleeping face. 


Then, suddenly, a tan girl appeared in front of them. "Oh, Yuri-ah. You're here. Did you see Sooyoung?" Taeyeon ask in almost whisper, not wanting to wake Jessica up.


There's something in Yuri's eyes that Taeyeon notice. Something like jealousy? But decided to shrug it off when she saw Yuri smiled at her.


"I still haven't seen her. I just arrive like, few minutes ago. And I was looking for you two." Yuri answered.


"Oh.." Taeyeon paused. "You should've texted me last night though."


"Oh.. Well.. That.. My phone was low battery last night so I had to charge it first." 


"Aish. That shikshin. I wonder where she is? The class will start in," Taeyeon glance at her wrist watch again before continuing. "10 minutes. -Oh, I need to wake Sica up now."


Yuri look at Jessica, who's still sleeping. She can't help but to stare and admire the latter's face. 'Even in her sleep she's still so beautiful. Jessica, if only you knew.' Yuri said to herself.


"Yuri...?"


"Oh? Oh. Right, sorry. What did you said?"


"I said, I think I should call Sooyoung that we're going now. That shikshin, food is the only thing she could think of." Taeyeon said. Then she took out her phone and call Sooyoung.


"You forgot Sunny." Yuri said between her giggles.


Taeyeon look at her and giggle a bit also. "I'll call Sooyoung first before I wake Sica up." Then shushed Yuri when she heard her phone starting to beep.


"Hey Yul, do you mind if we switch position? I'm gonna have a little rant so I'll be loud and I don't want to wake Sica in that way."


"H-huh?" Yuri stuttered. Switch position means she'll be Sica's pillow. Yuri can feel herself blushing furiously and as her heart beat getting wild.


"Yul? You okay?"


"O-oh. Yeah. I'm good. Go now and call Soo. I'll take care of Sica."


Taeyeon look at her bit confused. "You don't mind? Well let's." She said.


Yuri nod and immediately get in to Taeyeon's position and place Jessica's head on her shoulder very carefully. Taeyeon immediately went far a bit from them when she heard Sooyoung pick up her call.


Yuri feel so nervous. Her heart beat are getting wild even more like she run madly away on too far place. And her face is red like tomato. Then, after a while, she finally relax. After knowing Jessica for years, this is the first time she ever got too close to Jessica. 


Yuri decided not to waste this chance to admire Jessica's beautiful face. She admire Jessica's eyelashes, her eyebrow, her cute cheeks. Yuri also admire Jessica's lips. 'I didn't know she have those pretty lips. I wish someday I could taste those.' She said to herself. She tried her best to fight the urge to kiss Jessica on her lips.


On the other hand, Taeyeon is enjoying her little rant to Sooyoung. "Yah Sooyoung! Do you know how long you made me and Sica wait?! You made us spent our free time of waiting for you instead of touring around the campus. And you clearly know we have been here for only two times!" She said. 


Taeyeon is not really angry. She's just a bit disappointed because she waited for nothing. She is never the type of friend who hold anger towards her friends because she treasure her friends very much. In fact, she is just teasing Sooyoung and just pretending to be angry.


"Oh come on Tae, I'm really sorry! I was carried away of tasting food here around the campus. I'm really sorry. Come on, please don't be mad at me." Sooyoung said from the other line.


Taeyeon can sense that Sooyoung is really guilty. She smirk. "Choi Sooyoung. You will pay for this. And because of that, I will tell Sunny that-"


"Okay! Okay! What do you want? I'm sorry, can't you see that I'm really sorry? You don't have to tell Sunny."


"Actually, I don't really see. Of course we're on the phone! Idiot. And last, I want you to treat me, Yuri, and Sica a lunch!"


"B-but!"


"Uh-uh! Oh Sunny's coming here! I'm so gonna tell her" Taeyeon said when she actually seen Sunny walking towards them.


"Oh, I don't believe you midget!"


"Taeyeon? Who are you talking to?" Sunny ask while smiling when she approached Taeyeon, loud enough for Sooyoung to hear her voice.


Taeyeon heard Sooyoung on the other line become silent. She smirk. "Oh, it's just Sooyoung. We're just talking about her treating us lunch today."


"Really? How thoughtful of her." Sunny giggle.


Sooyoung is still silent.


"Oh, in fact, she wants to talk to you right now." 


Sunny looked surprised a bit. She blushed a bit but go unnoticed to Taeyeon. "A-about what?"  


"Fine. Go on. It's not funny at all." Taeyeon sensed that Sooyoung is getting pissed. 'I think I'm getting over board.' She said to herself. She then look to Sunny and give her dorky smile.


"Kidding. She just want to say Hi."


Sunny gave her a confused look. "O-okay. Tell her Hello too." She said and smile.


-----


A girl hurriedly walk- almost running right after the bus drop her off in front of the gate of the university she'll be attending. She knows that if she didn't hurry, she'll definitely be late from her first class. And this is her first day. She don't want to give a bad first impression to everyone, especially to her professor. 


'I hope I'm not late. This is all Dad's fault.' She said to herself then let a deep sigh. 


She's really not in the mood after what happen earlier this morning. She's kind of pissed to her father, but being a good daughter she is, she tried her best to understand him.


Flash Back


A girl is busy readying herself while fixing her hair and dress in front of the mirror when a girl, younger than her enters her room.


"Tiffany unnie, want to come along with me?" The girl ask the older girl.


Tiffany turn to her. "Huh?"


The younger girl smiled at seeing her older sister appearance. "Wow, look good as always unnie. You're so pretty today!" She said.


Tiffany chuckled a bit. "You really know how to lie, Sulli." She said then turn to get her bag, which is on her organized study table.


Sulli laugh a bit. "I'm not lying. You really look pretty today." She honestly said.


"Then thank you my dear sister." Tiffany said then turn to her. "So, what were you saying earlier?"


"Oh? Oh right, I was actually asking you if you want to go school together with me. Dad will drive us."


"...Dad?" 


"Hmm. Why unnie? Is something wrong?"


Tiffany look at her sister. "You know that Dad is really against about studying in the university I'm going to attend, right?" She said. "And why dad? Isn't he busy with his work? You could've ask Minho to drive us anyway?"


Sulli's eyes widen a bit when realization hits her. "Oh! Sorry unnie. I forgot about both of that. I should've not ask Dad to drive us." 


Tiffany gave Sulli a warm smile and pat her head gently. "It's okay." She paused. "We should go down stairs. I don't want to be late on my first day."


The two sisters went downstairs where they saw their father having his coffee while reading a news paper.


"Good morning Dad." Tiffany said as she take a sit.


"Morning." Her father answered. But didn't bother to look at her.


Tiffany and Sulli silently eat the breakfast that Sulli prepared. It was a scary silence between her father and her and Sulli. 


"So.." Her father started as he put down the news paper he's reading. 


Both Tiffany and Sulli look at their father. Then he continued, "Tiffany, are you really going to that school?" He ask coldly.


Tiffany inhale deeply and gather her strength before answering her father. "Yes Dad. I am." She politely answered. 


"Even though you know that I'm against to it?" He ask.


"Yes I know Dad. But there's nothing you can do about it." 


"You know I can Tiffany." 


"I know Dad. But this is my decision. My own decision." She said. Still keeping in polite manner.


"Why don't you just be like your brother?" His father said. His voice is starting to get louder.


Sulli let a sigh. 'Another fight again.' She said to herself. She glance at her wrist watch to check the time. 7:30. 'Hmmm. I need to go. My class will start at 8 o'clock.' She said to herself.


She silently stood up and put her plate on the sink. She doesn't mind the fight between her father and older sister because she's used to it ever since her unnie became senior in high school.


"I am who I am Dad. You can't compare me to Leo. This is my life. So I should be the one who decide what I want to do in life." Tiffany answered. Anger slowly rising inside her. She didn't even notice Sulli stood up.


"And you are my daughter! And it is my right to give you a better future by sending you to US, Miyoung. You are no better unlike your brother! Why are you not obeying me anymore?! Are you against me now?!" He said. Tiffany can see how her father starting to get angry.


"And you should know that I am not Leo! I am not your son! I am not your precious perfect son! Why can't you see that Dad? I just want freedom!"


"Freedom?! Am I not giving you freedom?! Is letting you go with your friends to gave some fun isn't freedom?! Does letting you go mall and shop all you want isn't freedom?! I gave everything you want! Am I not giving you a freedom?! Tell me?!" Her father yelled, startling Sulli, who was drinking water, making her choked a bit of water. 


Tiffany is just calmly sitting there. Not startled at her father's sudden burst. "Is that what you called freedom Dad?! Is that what freedom is to you?! All my life I followed all you want! I did almost everything! I did everything to be perfect for you! But guess what Dad? I will never be perfect for you because only Leo will! I know you will hate me to hear this but, stop controlling our lives. We have our own life. Just because you are our father, that doesn't mean you can always control our lives too!" She said. Anger our obvious in her tone. 


She stood up harshly with her plate that contains unfinished food and put to the sink. She grab her bag and got out of the house immediately.


Her sudden burst left her father and sulli, dumbfounded. This was the first time Sulli saw Tiffany in so much anger. Her sister never shout nor yelled. Neither show herself how angry she is even though she really is. Her sister always just keep quiet all the time. But she knows her unnie has a point.


Meanwhile, their father somehow felt guilty. But what Tiffany said made him want more to pursue Tiffany until she agrees to study in US.


End of Flash Back


Tiffany let a sigh for a millionth time today and wipe the tears that started to form in her eyes. 'When will he ever realize?' She said to herself as she hurriedly walk. 


-----


After Taeyeon finished talking with Sooyoung, she and Sunny went towards Yuri and Jessica, who is still currently sleeping on Yuri's shoulder. 


She immediately, yet carefully switch position with Yuri. "Thanks Yul," Taeyeon said as soon as she got in the postion.


Somehow, Yuri felt jealous again. But put a smile so Taeyeon won't notice it. "No problemo Tae." She said.


Then Taeyeon turn to still sleeping Jessica. And giggled a bit. She then turn to Yuri again. "She's a heavy sleepr Yul. Isn't? No matter how loud you get, she won't wake up that easily." She said.


Yuri just chuckled a bit. "I know that Tae. Since, forever."


Then Taeyeon turn to Jessica again. "Hey Sica, hey. You need to wake up. We'll gonna be late. If you didn't wake up, I'll put cucumber to your food later." She said. And after a few seconds, Jessica miracously woke up easily.


Taeyeon look at Sunny and Yuri and smirk. The two just laugh on what they witnessed. 


-----


Tiffany can almost see the building where her first class is located. And as much as she wanted to run, she couldn't. Because her heels are making it hard to do so.


'Remind me again why I chose to wear heels today?' She said to herself in annoyance.


She mindlessly walk hurriedly until-









BAM!


"Ouch!"


"Ara- Ouch!"


Two bodies crashed to each other and both fell on the floor.


Tiffany fell to her , hard when someone suddenly bump into her. Tiffany felt her ankle hurt too. She hissed in pain. 'This is really GREAT!!' She mentally yeld, starting to get really pissed.


She look up to glare to the person who bumped in to her. But become surprise when she found out who's the person who bumped her.


That face.


That familiar face she wish to never see again.


She glared to the the familiar person with all her might. She can say that the latter was very surprised in what happened.


"YOU?!" Both two unexpectedly exclaim.