Hidden Feelings

Chasing Pavements

"There they are." Taeyeon said to herself as she walk towards to Yuri and the others.


"Oh. Taeyeon's now here." Sunny said after seeing Taeyeon walking towards their table.


In instant, Jessica turn around to look for Taeyeon. While Sooyoung and Yuri did the same. But not too eager unlike Jessica. 


They are now in a restaurant near the university. The restaurant is obviously famous to the students because almost all the costumer are all univesity students.


"Hi guys." Taeyeon greet them as she takes a seat beside Jessica. "Sorry I'm late. I met my Godfather who is a professor in the university. We had some chitchats to catch up the things we both missed." 


"Ah. Uncle Taena? I kinda forgot he's teaching there." Yuri said. 


"He asked me to bring you next time we meet again."


"Oh. Sure."


"Hey, why don't we order now? It's Sooyoung's treat right?" Sunny said while smiling at Sooyoung.


Sooyoung smiled awkwardly while trying her best not to blush. Yuri and Taeyeon saw this. Both snickered.


"Right, I forgot it's Sooyoung's treat!" Taeyeon exclaimed as she smirk at her Sooyoung.


Sooyoung gave her the most scary glare she could muster. But being friends with Sooyoung for years, it didn't affect her. But only made Taeyeon giggle.


Yuri called a waiter. The waiter then gave them menus. Not too long, they all decided what will they order. 


"I'll just go with the chicken fillet." Taeyeon said and turned to Jessica, who rests her chin on Taeyeon's shoulder. "How about you Sica?" 


"Just the same as yours." Jessica answered and smile at Taeyeon. 


Taeyeon return the smile and turn to the waiter. "Make it two." She said.


The waiter wrote it on his pad and excuse himself.


"Jessica obviously likes Taeyeon. I wonder why Taeyeon doesn't notice it." Sooyoung whispered at Yuri seeing how the two very close to each other.


Yuri could only smile. But inside, she felt someone just stabbed her heart at seeing Jessica being affectionate to Taeyeon.


As she stare at Taeyeon, Jessica notice something in Taeyeon's face. "Aish Taengo. This is why you're often mistaken as a kid because of this attitude of yours." She said then pull out a wipes from her bag.


Taeyeon look at her. Confused. "Eh? What? What did I do?" 


Jessica hold Taeyeon's head to prevent from moving as she wipes the blood on the latter's philtrum that has been dried. Both didn't realize how close they are to each other. How only inches away her face from Taeyeon's.


"You still have blood in your philtrum. You forgot it, didn't you?" She said while wiping the blood. 


"Eh? Oh." Taeyeon let a dorky grin after realizing her mistake. 


Jessica look at her while smiling. "Dork." She said then let go Taeyeon's head.


The other three only watch them with grin on their face except Yuri, she balled her fist in jealousy under the table while faking a smile to the two.


Sooyoung saw this as an opportunity to take her revenge to Teayeon.  "Yah. You two shouldn't do that on public. If you want some lovey dovey moment, you two get a room." She said. Making Taeyeon and Jessica blush.


"Yeah. You and Taeyeon will make a cute couple." Sunny added while smiling. Unaware of Sooyoung's true intention.


'I really wish we could be a couple.' Jessica secretly wished.


"Erm.. Guys, excuse me for a while. I'll just go to the girl's room. I'll be right back." Yuri said as she excuse herself and went to girl's comfort room. She need to get out of there before her tears starts to fall. She can't take it anymore, the jealousy and the stinging pain she feels everytime she sees the two flirting like lovers in front of her.


------


Few minutes later, the food they ordered came just in time when Yuri came back from the girl's comfort room.


They ate in silence. To break the awkward silence between them, Sunny decided to open a topic. "Taeyeon and Sica, do you know the girl that Taeng bumped with earlier this morning?" It's the question she's itching to ask the two after she noticed how Taeyeon, Jessica and the girl interact earlier.


Jessica just remain silent. While the simple question caught Taeyeon off guard. "Huh?" She confusedly look at Sunny. "Why did you suddenly asked?"


Sunny shrug her shoulder. "I notice the way you act with each other looks like you've known each other for a long time." She explained.


"Well.. How will I say this.. Uhh-" But Taeyeon was cut off by Yuri.


"I'll answer the question for Taeyeon." Yuri said.


"Sure." The only thing Taeyeon can answer for the moment. She's relieved that Yuri save her from that awkward question.


"You know that Taeyeon and I are best friends since forever right? When we were in grade 7, there's this girl that Taeyeon used to bully. She always called her names. Since then, Taeyeon and that girl became mortal enemies until we became high school, the girl transferred into another school." Yuri explained and glance at Taeyeon who feels very awkward to their topic. "She used to study in KHG."


"Taeyeon was once a bully? Wow. I must say Taeyeon, you're really beyond your appearance." Sooyoung said.


"So you're saying that this girl was the girl we met earlier?" Sunny ask.


"Yes and apparently, she was Jessica's ex-best friend. And mind you, Sica was also Taeyeon's another enemy before. 'Cause Sica hated her for bullying her BFF." Yuri playfully smirk at Jessica and Taeyeon.


"That explains why." Sunny said while nodding in understanding.


"Oh! Woah." Sooyoung exclaimed in surprise. And tease, "I never expect that Yul. Woah. It's really true. The more you hate, the more you love."


Sooyoung and Sunny laugh. Taeyeon and Jessica blushed. While Yuri could only smile.


"Yah Sooyoung. That's enough! We're just best friends!" Taeyeon said as she defends herself.


'Right, best friends.'


------


"Tiffany? What happened to you?" 


They are both in the a restaurant not too far from the univesity. There are too many restaurant near the university, so you can easily choose where you want to eat.


Tiffany take a seat as she put her crutch beside her seat. She let a sigh. "You wouldn't believe me what happened earlier Vic." She answered.


Victoria look at her curiously. "What happened? Spill it." She said.


"I bumped to Kim Taeyeon earlier and this is the result." Tiffany answered as she show Victoria her injured ankle.


"Oh my gosh! What happened then?" Victoria ask eagerly.


"She gave me a piggy back ride to clinic. I didn't really expected that she'll do that." 


"OMG! What did you do then?!" 


Tiffany begin to tell her everything that happened. Except to the last part where she thanked Taeyeon. She's don't want to embarrass herself to Victoria.


A waiter approached them and asked their orders. After that, he left.


"Hey, where's Nana anyways?" Tiffany ask.


"Oh, she'll be late. She's just finishing something." 


"It's only first day, yet the teachers starting to give us headaches." 


Victoria was Tiffany's classmate and close friend when they were in elementary. When Tiffany transferred to another school, she didn't expected that Victoria also transferred to that school. Since then, they became best friend when she started to lose contact with Jessica.


-----


The class is over. Yuri and the others walk together towards the exit gate of the university.


"Aish. I didn't know Psychology will be that hard." Taeyeon said then let a sigh.


Yuri look at her and let a small chuckled. "You want that, so bear with it."


Taeyeon frown a bit. "I know. This is what I want to be since when we were in high school." She said. "But mother wants me to take a Business course."


Jessica smiled finding how Taeyeon look cute while frowning. She pat Taeyeon's head lightly. "You're really good at giving advices Taeng. But not only that, you're really fit to be a psychologist." She said while smiling at Taeyeon.


"Remember how Taeyeon became a match maker back in highschool? Because of her, many couples became happy." Yuri said.


"Yeah, I still remember Sooyoung as one of those people who always asks advices." Taeyeon smirk at Sooyoung.


Sooyoung frown at Taeyeon. "Yah Kim Taeyeon, why does it always have to be me? That's enough." She said sternly.


Yuri snickered at Taeyeon's expression, who is surprised by Sooyoung's sudden burst. While Sunny became confuse for the second time today. 


Jessica chuckled. "Such a drama queen." She muttered.


"Why I didn't hear this before?" Sunny laugh a bit. "What kind of advice Sooyoung would always ask to you Taeng?" 


Four of them are now making fun of Sooyoung, who just keep quiet to prevent herself to get piss.


"Uhhh.." Taeyeon look at Sooyoung who have a go-on-and-tell-her-and-your-dead look at her. "It's a secret between us." She then let a nervous laugh.


Sunny pout as Yuri pinch her cheek. "Ah, cute!" Then giggled while looking at Sooyoung, who has now murderous aura around her. 


-----


"Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" Yuri said as she got off from the bus while waving her hand at Taeyeon and the others.


"Bye!" 


With that, the bus drove away and Yuri started to walk towards home with both hands in her pocket. As she walk, her smiling and cheerful expression slowly turn into sad and lonely one.


She sigh. 'Jessica...' She thought as tears fell from her eyes.