Truth or Dare

Summer Girls

"Today was so boring!" Sana whined, and she was right. Due to the high heat outside, the girls had spent the whole day making friendship bracelets in their cabins. Even Mina was craving something to make up for the waste of a day. 

"We could have a little more...fun again," Jihyo suggested, waggling her eyebrows. 

"No way," Jeongyeon piped up. "I'm not risking a kiss with Nayeon again." 

"Same," Nayeon scoffed back, putting her shades down even though the girls were all in the cabin. 

"What about truth or dare?" Dahyun suggested. "Still doing stupid , but maybe we won't feel so icky the next morning." 

The girls all excitedly agreed. "Mina start!" Chaeyoung called and Mina's face fell. She'd never even played before; how would she even come up with something? 

But she couldn't refuse Chaeyoung anything, so she mulled it over a little. The first person she made eye contact with was Nayeon. 

"Nayeon, truth or dare?" Crap, she thought, she was the most likely to be rude if it was too crazy or too boring.

"Truth." 

"BO-RING!" Jeongyeon yelled. 

"Shut up!" Nayeon whined, but Mina was grateful. Truth was way easier than dare.

Oh no oh no oh no, what was a good girl question? 

"Um, what's your ideal type?" 

Nayeon didn't take a second to pause before answering. "Someone hot, duh. But like, hot from the inside, you know? Confident. Doesn't take anyone's ." 

Jeongyeon smirked. "Sounds a lot like me, doesn't it?" 

"In your dreams, ." Nayeon pursed her lips and scanned the room. "Momo, truth or dare?" 

"I'll do truth too." 

"Guys!" Sana whined. "So boring!" 

"Don't worry, I'll give a good truth!" Nayeon answered. "If you had to date someone at camp, who would it be?" 

"Oooh," Jihyo cooed. 

"Counselor Hyoyeon." Momo punctuated her answer with a moan. "She is a woman if you know what I mean." 

"Girl, that doesn't count. I meant one of us." 

Momo shrugged. "You didn't specify." 

"She's right, sadly," Dahyun added, and Momo grinned at her. 

"Truth or dare?" 

"Unlike you two," Dahyun answered, eyeing Nayeon and Momo, "I'm fun. So I'm picking dare." 

Momo grinned menacingly. "Steal something from the counselor's cabin." 

"Good one," Tzuyu mumbled. 

"Agreed," Dahyun said, standing up. "See ya in a few." 

"Don't get caught!" Sana cried, genuine worry in her tone. Nayeon and Jeongyeon both started cracking up but stopped as soon as they realized they were both amused by the same thing. 

"Don't worry. I'm a mischief master," Dahyun called back to her with a smirk, and left the cabin. 

After a few seconds of quiet, Tzuyu spoke up. "What do you think she'll get?" 

"Hopefully something interesting and not something lame like a piece of floss," Chaeyoung answered. 

"If she grabs an expensive Victoria's Secret bra, I call dibs," Nayeon said. 

"Depends on whose size it is," Jihyo answered. 

"Oooh, what if she gets a ?" Jeongyeon said. 

"There's no men around here," Momo answered. "A whole summer with no men in sight? I'm guessing they play for the same team we do." 

"Except for Mina," Jihyo spoke up. 

"Except me," Mina repeated. Even if she wasn't so sure anymore. 

Suddenly the tarp door to the cabin flew wide open and Dahyun stomped inside. "You're welcome ladies!" She yelled as she threw bags of chips and candy onto the cabin floor. 

"Thank GOD!" Momo called and the girls dove into the pile, tearing open the bags. 

"How did you get away with all of this?" Sana asked, genuinely impressed. 

"I got lucky. The counselors were out." 

"All of them?" Tzuyu cried, shoving a gummy worm in .

"That's...kinda worrying," Jihyo said. 

"Anyways...my turn to ask. Hm...Jeongyeon, truth or dare?" 

"I'll pick truth." 

"What? After teasing me about how boring it was?" Nayeon cried. 

"That was just because you went first! It's fine in the middle." Nayeon just humphed and leaned back. 

"Who is your least favorite person at camp?" Dahyun asked, and Jeongyeon laughed. 

"Why do you want to ask me that? I think everyone's aware..." she gave Nayeon a pointed look, and Nayeon returned it with the fakest smile she could muster. 

"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual." She threw Jeongyeon a wink, barely perceptible behind her dark sunglasses. 

"Now to something, and someone, a little more interesting! Jihyo, truth or dare?" 

"I pick dare!" 

Jeongyeon smiled. "I'm gonna do us all a favor here and dare Jihyo to take her shirt off." 

"Easy." Jihyo shrugged and lifted her shirt over her head with an easy flick of her wrists. 

Mina looked away sharply, a flush coming over her cheeks. Clearly Jihyo was confident, but she still didn't want to make her uncomfortable. She looked anywhere but at Jihyo, her eyes landing on Tzuyu. Her eyes were wide and Mina could tell she was staring right at them, biting her lip. She finally turned away, raising her eyebrows and blinking. 

The girl was practically foaming at the mouth!

Mina looked away to see Chaeyoung hiding a laugh behind her hands. They shared a smile; she'd obviously seen Tzuyu too. 

"Alright, alright, party's over," Jihyo said, not bothering to put her shirt back on. "Chaeyoung, truth or dare?" 

"Dare for me!" 

Jihyo hummed and looked around, smiling when her eyes landed on a cup by her bed. Her smile turned a touch evil and she passed the cup to Chaeyoung. 

"Is this your tea from..." 

"Two days ago? Yeah. Chug." 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically. "Fine." She didn't protest anymore, and Mina watched in horror as Chaeyoung drank the whole cup of old, probably bug touched tea. She grimaced and slammed the cup down after a few seconds, her satisfaction fading after a few seconds when she gagged. 

Mina gasped and instinctively touched her back. "Are you okay?" 

Chaeyoung cleared and managed a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I've had worse." 

Out of the corner of her eye Mina swore she saw a few of the girls sharing mysterious looks, but pushed the thought from her mind. 

"Anyway, who hasn't gone yet....oh! Sana, truth or dare?" 

"Dare for me!" 

"Hm...give the person to your right a foot rub." Sana looked confused for a few seconds, finally turning to her right and gasping in horror. 

Jeongyeon laughed maniacally as Sana looked pleadingly at Chaeyoung. "But Jeongyeon always wears those old flip flops!" 

"A dare is a dare," Jeongyeon said with a laugh. 

"The girl's right. Go." 

Jeongyeon just stayed laughing as Sana swallowed, reaching over to grab Jeongyeon's first. 

"Lemme do you a favor," Momo said, plugging Sana's nose for her. 

Sana took a moment to steel herself before starting to rub the foot. 

Nayeon gagged. "God that's ing vile..." 

"What is this, some Nickelodeon show?" Dahyun said. 

"If any of you have a foot , you're dead to me," Jeongyeon added. 

"And me!" Sana spoke but it came out funny with her nose plugged up. 

"Okay, good enough," Chaeyoung said with a laugh after a few seconds. 

"Ugh thank god," Sana breathed out, grabbing some hand sanitizer from next to Mina's bed and dousing her fingers. 

"Thank you!" Jeongyeon said with a sweet giggle. 

Sana wiggled her hands to dry them off and looked around. "Oh! Tzuyu, truth or dare?" 

"I'm gonna stick with truth after that one." 

"Don't blame you," Nayeon mumbled. 

"What's the most illegal thing you've ever done?" 

Tzuyu sighed. "I dunno. I'm pretty boring. Probably pirated a movie." 

"Seriously? That's it?" Dahyun cried. 

"We are definitely going to change that this summer," Jeongyeon added. 

"Only if she wants, right?" Jihyo said, rubbing Tzuyu's back. Tzuyu flushed, avoiding eye contact. 

"Y-yeah." 

"I don't know if we could really break any laws. This is a summer camp in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of like, children, you know," Nayeon said. 

"Nayeon, if you could stop killing the vibe for like one ing second-" Jeongyeon started. 

"Mina, truth or dare?" Tzuyu interrupted. 

Mina stared at the floor. This was the real moment she'd been dreading. She'd spent the whole game trying to decide whether to pick truth or dare, and yet here she was, still making up her mind. 

But her own choice surprised her. "Dare," she spoke. 

"Ooh! I am shocked!" Jeongyeon said. 

"And proud," Chaeyoung added. 

In reality, it was the safer option. Mina didn't think she could handle any questions about her uality, which was inevitably what they'd ask. Not when she didn't really know anything herself. 

Tzuyu smirked. The other girls seemed to think Tzuyu was just as innocent as Mina was, but judging from the way she was looking at Jihyo earlier, Mina knew she had some tricks up her sleeve. 

"Since you're the straight one...I dare you to kiss one of us." 

Mina couldn't tell if her heart floated or sank. All she knew was that it was doing something. 

Who? Who here was safe? Her heart was saying Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung, but would that make things weird? 

Or would it be weird to not kiss her? Would Chaeyoung be jealous? Mina was sure Chaeyoung didn't feel anything like what Mina was beginning to feel, but Mina did consider Chaeyoung her best friend here. And wouldn't it be best friend betrayal to not kiss her?

So slowly, Mina turned to face the girl in question. 

Chaeyoung's slightly nervous expression turned into a smile as the cooing and cat calling of the other girls faded into the background. "I was hoping you'd pick me." 

So Mina's best friend assumption had been correct. Thank god. 

And without another word, Chaeyoung leaned in. 

It was just as good as Mina remembered, no, maybe even better since she'd had a little more experience this time. Chaeyoung's plush lips were starting to feel natural and comfortable, and despite the anxiety that ran under her skin, Mina found the courage to put her hand on Chaeyoung's knee and lean in closer. Baby steps. Baby steps toward something a long repressed part of herself wanted. She just couldn't figure out what, quite yet. 

"Break it up ladies break it up!" Jeongyeon's voice cut through the soft touch and they broke apart slowly, and gently. 

"Ooh!" Nayeon's voice called above the fray. 

And Mina had no idea why she opened in that moment, but something about the kiss, something about the way she kissed, gave her the balls to start talking. "Maybe I'm not the straight one any more." 

Screams and whispers erupted throughout the cabin. 

"That's it, I'm letting you two have some alone time, I'm going back to my cabin," Momo joked. 

Mina was momentarily flushed with regret until she shut her ears to the other girls and looked back into Chaeyoung's eyes. 

There was an expression there she'd never seen Chaeyoung make before. Something like a knowing smile, maybe. And maybe, just maybe, Mina realized, there was nothing to regret.