The Bottle is Spinning...

Summer Girls

"Guys, nighttime is always so boring! Shouldn't we do something together one night? We always just go back to our cabins and go to bed right away," Sana asked as the girls walked back to their cabins after dinner time. 

"Especially since we didn't do anything together today," Dahyun added, and Sana threw an arm over her shoulder. 

For once, Mina was in agreement. The girls had gone their own separate ways during the day today, and as much as Mina had been craving it before, she kinda missed socializing with the other girls. And yes, she did feel weird about it. 

"Why the hell not? Let's go to my cabin," Jeongyeon answered, and the girls followed her into cabin E1. It was the first time Mina had been in the other cabin, but it mostly looked the same as her own, except for one less bed (since only four girls slept in there). They all sat down on bottom bunks or on the floor and looked around quietly. 

"Um, now that we're all here...anyone have any ideas?" Momo asked. 

"Guys! You're going to get flies," Jihyo interrupted, grabbing an empty soda bottle off of the floor. 

Slowly, Sana smirked. "Gimme that bottle." Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows and handed it to her. She looked up with a sly grin on her lips. "We should play spin the bottle!" 

Mina froze stiff, her eyes going wide. I mean, Sana was probably joking, right?

Momo chuckled. "Honestly, I'm down." 

"That sounds crazy, I'm in," Dahyun added. 

Wait, what?

But the other girls quickly added in their agreements, and they were sitting down in a circle, and Sana was putting the bottle in the middle, and everyone else was laughing and smiling excitedly so, whatever, Mina wasn't going to say something and ruin her tentative, maybe, friendship with these girls. 

She was still confused though. Why would they want to play if there weren't any boys? Nobody else seemed to care though, so she shrugged it off. Maybe this would be fun, in a weird way.

"Alright, let's establish some ground rules. Whoever's starting spins and kisses the person who it lands on. If it's in the person try and see who it's closer to. The person receiving the kiss spins next. No cheating. No trying to move the bottle when nobody is looking. No trying to pass; if you don't wanna kiss a certain person then just sit out of the whole game. Don't be a wimp either. No pecks or cheek kisses. We are playing for real. We need hard and open-mouthed," Nayeon explained.

"What, are you some kind of spin the bottle expert?" Jeongyeon asked with a grimace. 

"Uh, duh. Look at me."

"Me first!" Sana cheerfully interrupted, spinning the bottle. Mina's mind spun with the glass, watching it slowly slow down until it landed on Dahyun. Mina tried to hide her sigh of relief. 

"Hell yeah," Dahyun answered. 

"Good way to start off," Momo mumbled. 

And just like that, Dahyun and Sana slid towards the center of the circle, and kissed. Like, really, actually kissed, like the corny couples at Mina's school did, with tilted heads and smacking sounds and hands on each other's waists, Sana's hands running up and down and Dahyun's grabbing. And it was so, so real, and they were both girls!

Mina, again, felt like she was frozen in place. She didn't want to stare at them but she couldn't stop. It was exciting, it was strange, it made Mina feel something she'd never felt before. And when they finally broke it up, and Sana gave Dahyun an up and down look, Mina finally turned her eyes away. She was blushing just as much as Dahyun was. 

Dahyun cleared with an obvious smile. "Anyways..." 

"Bravo!" Chaeyoung said, and everyone laughed. 

"Good way to start us off," Momo said. 

"That is the blueprint, ladies," Nayeon added. 

Dahyun, with a smile that wouldn't be wiped away (and Sana giggling like a maniac every time she made eye contact with Dahyun), spun the bottle again. This time, it slowed down and stopped on Tzuyu. 

"Ooh!" Dahyun said excitedly. Tzuyu flushed and tucked her hair behind her ear. Mina looked to her, expecting a conspiratorial look of fear, but she could see her trying to hide her smile. 

"You can do this!" Jihyo said encouragingly. Tzuyu laughed a little before she and Dahyun met up again in the center. And then, there it was...kissing. Again. 

The girls leaned over the bottle, lips against lips, eyes shut. When they finally pulled away, they locked eyes and giggled. 

Tzuyu looks so pretty kissing another girl. Wait, what? Mina willed her brain to shut off again. 

"Thoughts so far?" Jeongyeon asked as they went back to their spots in the circle. 

"Good. Very, very good," Dahyun drawled. "Very different styles. But both good." Sana and Tzuyu both giggled loudly, and Mina pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. 

"Okay, it's my turn," Tzuyu said quietly. The girls all anxiously watched it spin until it landed on the girl beside Mina...Chaeyoung. 

Chaeyoung giggled loudly and Tzuyu and her shared a quick glance before turning away. 

"Aw, the babies!" Jihyo said. 

"Wish me luck," Chaeyoung hurriedly whispered in Mina's ear before going to the middle with Tzuyu. Mina could only watch as Chaeyoung rested her hand on Tzuyu's shoulder, the two kissing with a shy hesitance.

They look even more pretty when it's the two of them kissing. Mina forced herself to avert her eyes. 

They only kissed for a couple of seconds before they broke apart, bursting into laughter. 

"It's really weird to have someone laugh in your mouth!" Chaeyoung said. 

"I'm sorry this is really funny though!" Tzuyu answered, the two girls still laughing. 

"You have to take this seriously!" Nayeon whined. 

"How?" Dahyun asked. 

"Alright, alright, it's my turn, right?" Chaeyoung finally asked, leaning over the bottle. 

"Yup," Jeongyeon answered, and Chaeyoung spun. Mina was pointedly staring at the floor right next to the bottle so she didn't even realize when it stopped. 

"Mina?" Nayeon called. Mina looked up, then around at the girls (who were all staring at her), then down at the bottle, which was pointing directly at her. 

Oh no. 

"Come on over," Chaeyoung said jokingly. 

It was Chaeyoung. Oh no-er.

Was that better, because she felt closer to Chaeyoung than anyone else at camp? Or worse for the exact same reason? Mina didn't know. She didn't really know anything, in this moment. 

But when she looked up at Chaeyoung, she was grinning from ear to ear and chuckling to herself. "You okay?" 

Mina took a deep breath. Chaeyoung wasn't taking this too seriously, she could tell, and that thought lifted a weight off of her shoulders. "Yeah," she answered, managing a nod. 

Chaeyoung nodded back and all of the sudden, she was leaning in. 

Mina expected Chaeyoung's hand on her shoulder, like she'd done with Tzuyu, but she felt Chaeyoung's hand cup her chin and then, they were kissing. 

Honestly, Mina had expected kissing to feel like nothing. But this was nothing at all like nothing, it felt like everything, sparks and fireworks and the whole shebang that Mina had always assumed was made up. The sensation of Chaeyoung's lips and hands on her jaw and waist was felt, like Mina had never really felt a touch before, and when they both finally pulled away she was breathless. 

"Ooooh!" Momo teased. 

"That was good," Jeongyeon added, and Nayeon gave them a look. Sana whispered something to Dahyun and they both giggled, but the sounds fell away before reaching Mina's ears. 

She and Chaeyoung looked into each other's eyes, like Mina was locked there a little, those big pretty eyes holding her there while the sensations of being touched stayed on her body. 

"It was good," Chaeyoung mouthed to Mina alone. 

And that was when Mina sharply turned away, blushing furiously, unable to wipe the smile off of her lips. She practically scuttered back to her spot, and Chaeyoung laughed, moving back too. 

"Mina, it's your turn," Jihyo reminded. 

"Wh-whah?" Mina answered, looking up all confused, and everyone burst out laughing. "O-oh, yeah, my turn." 

Mina was honestly in too much of a daze to be anxious or scared this time around, so she let the bottle spin around until it landed on Momo. 

Momo grinned. "I didn't know what you'd be like, but if the last kiss is anything to go off of... come here." Mina went back to the middle and looked away shyly before finding the strength to look up and let Momo kiss her. 

Kissing wasn't so scary. Momo held her a lot tighter than Chaeyoung had, and it seemed like she knew just how to tilt her head, but it wasn't quite the same. The nerves had dissipated a little, but the sparks, the fireworks were gone. And when Momo pulled away, Mina's eyes automatically went to Chaeyoung. 

They shared a quick smile and Momo ruffled Mina's hair before the two girls went back to their spots. 

"Was it everything you thought it would be?" Dahyun asked Momo. 

"Hmm...I think maybe Mina and Chaeyoung just have chemistry." 

Mina flushed and stared down at her own lap while the other girls ooh'd and aah'd for a second. 

"Guys, guys, whose turn is it?" Chaeyoung interrupted with a laugh. 

"Oh yeah, me," Momo answered, spinning until it landed on Nayeon. 

"Yay girlie!" Nayeon said excitedly and Momo smirked at her, the two girls kissing without another word. Nayeon tangled her fingers in Momo's hair, pressing themselves together, and Mina was positively jealous at how easy it seemed for them. Jeongyeon gave them a look, too, rolling her eyes. 

When they pulled away Momo teasingly bit Nayeon's neck, and Mina could see that Tzuyu's neck was flushed. 

"That was hot!" Sana said. 

Nayeon giggled. "Well I'm gonna make the next one even hotter." She spun the bottle, but as soon as it stopped, the grin was wiped right off of her face. 

"Oh ," Jeongyeon whispered as the bottle stopped in front of her, Dahyun immediately cracking up, and the rest of the girls quickly following. "No ing way." 

"Oh my god," Nayeon whined. "Seriously? I mean, I'm sure neither of us wants to..." 

"Weren't you the one who laid down the rules in the beginning? No passes?" Jihyo teased. 

"kkkkk," Nayeon groaned. 

Jeongyeon took a deep breath. " it, man. Let's just get this over with." 

The two girls glared violently at each other before Jeongyeon lunged at her, the two girls kissing closely, but somehow also violently? Mina felt like she was watching something not meant for her eyes as Nayeon tangled her fingers in Jeongyeon's hair, almost grabbing her as Jeongyeon almost pushed her into the ground. Nayeon wrapped her arm around Jeongyeon's waist and made the smallest of noises against her lips, and just as harshly as they started they pulled away. 

They looked at each other for a moment before Nayeon bit her lip and froze. She shook her head a moment after, making her way back to her spot in the circle. Jeongyeon slowly blinked and followed.

"," Jeongyeon whispered.

"Woah..." Momo mumbled.

"That was hot," Sana said. "But also weird." 

"It was for me too," Nayeon spoke under her breath. 

"God, I can't believe Nayeon was my first kiss!" Jeongyeon cried dejectedly. 

Nayeon cleared . "I could tell." 

"Shut the up, okay?" Jeongyeon answered, spinning the bottle. As soon as it landed on Jihyo, she grinned. "Ugh, thank god! I get to kiss someone cool!" 

"Hell yeah," Jihyo answered with a grin as Nayeon pointedly rolled her eyes. 

"Let's ing go," Jeongyeon whispered as Jihyo and Jeongyeon's lips met. The two girls were pressed close together and it wasn't hard for Mina to tell they were tongue kissing. Mina grimaced, watching the girls grab each other: it was kinda gross, but also, kinda nice to watch, for some reason. 

Jihyo started grinding on Jeongyeon and Dahyun banged the bottle on the table. 

"Guys! Break it up, break it up!" 

Jeongyeon and Jihyo chuckled, wiping the spit off of their mouths. 

"That made me so uncomfortable..." Momo said. "But also, it was kinda hot." 

"I'm gonna agree with that one," Chaeyoung added. 

"Same," Tzuyu voiced. 

"Come on guys, it's Jihyo! What was I supposed to do? I mean, we all saw her in the pool yesterday..." Jeongyeon spoke up.

"You were blessed by the body gods," Sana added. 

"Guys..." Jihyo said, flipping her hair back.

Nayeon just huffed and rolled her eyes. 

"Alright, my turn," Jihyo said excitedly, spinning the bottle until it finally landed on Sana. 

"Yay! Finally, I've been waiting to go again forever!" 

The anxiety and excitement of the night were finally fading for Mina and turning into utter exhaustion; it was like her mind was a stretched-out rubber band that had just been released. She felt her eyes flutter shut, unable to think about anything. 

"Hey, I think Mina's tired, let's go to bed now," Chaeyoung voiced, her hand on Mina's back. Everyone voiced their agreements and Mina really should've been grateful, but she could only remember how Chaeyoung's lips felt on hers. Now, any of Chaeyoung's touches took on a whole other meaning.