Who Would Have Thought?

Summer Girls

Waking up at eight in the morning every ing day for a month, during the summer at that, was a miserable thing already, in Nayeon's opinion. Maybe being at camp had grown on her in other ways. Maybe, she was enjoying herself. But she sure could never enjoy the early mornings. 

Her enjoying herself had everything to do with the seven other sweet girls she had met here at camp. And absolutely nothing to do with the eighth girl, that absolutely grinded her ing gears. 

And as if having to get up, at eight in the god damn morning, surrounded by the sleepy groans of her cabin mates attempting to get up too, wasn't bad enough... there was her. 

Normally, the morning glare between Nayeon and Jeongyeon was mutual. , Nayeon often initiated it herself. But today, the glare Jeongyeon was facing Nayeon with was a lot, even for them. 

"The is your problem?" Nayeon muttered, throwing on her hot pink sweatpants. 

Jeongyeon scoffed and threw on a hoodie. "The is my problem?"

Nayeon made a duh face and reached for her purse. 

"You," Jeongyeon grumbled. "You are the god damn devil." 

Nayeon exhaled sharply. "The hell is your problem? What the hell could I have done to you over night; it's like eight o'clock in the morning! Chill out." 

"I am not going to chill out. Not after you kept me up all god damn night with your snoring!" 

Nayeon gasped deeply. Her...snoring? Who did Jeongyeon think she was? Accusing someone like her of snoring? 

"First of all, I have never snored a single night in my entire life, okay? I do not snore. I would never snore. I am not a snorer, okay? You are literally insane for even saying that." 

"Then why was I up all night last night? I went around and checked to see which of us it was and it was definitely you." 

Nayeon gasped again. She'd never been accused of something so heinous before. 

"This is absolutely ridiculous. I. Don't. Snore. Okay? I don't snore! Get that through your little pea brain." 

"My little pea brain? Says the girl who can't even hear her own snoring?" 

Nayeon turned to the other girls, who were pointedly staring at the opposite corner of the room while getting ready. "Tell Jeongyeon she's being ridiculous and an idiot. I didn't keep the girls with functional ears up, did I?" 

"We're going to breakfast now, bye!" Sana answered, the girls all hurriedly leaving the cabin with sheepish looks. 

As soon as they were gone, Jeongyeon turned to Nayeon with a smirk. "See?" 

"Th-they didn't say I snored!" 

"They didn't say you didn't snore though, right? They just wanted to save your feelings." 

"You wish. They wanted to save your feelings. And get away from your pathetic little rampage." 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. "I'm not the one freaking out at being told they snore." 

"You would turn into even more of a than you already are if I said you snore." 

"Well, first of all, I don't snore. Second, even if I did, I wouldn't give a . It's not a big deal. People snore." 

"If it's not a big deal, then why were you so ing pissed at me five minutes ago?" 

"First of all, because I can't stand you already. Second of all, because I didn't get any sleep last night. And let me just add... if I did snore, I would wear one of those nose strip things while at camp. To be considerate, unlike you." 

"Well maybe you should give being considerate a try, and get one of those nose strips yourself. To stop the snoring you're pretending didn't come from you." 

Jeongyeon groaned and clenched her fists. "You know what? I have never met anyone in my whole life that pisses me off as much as you." 

Nayeon grinned and winked. "The feeling is ing mutual. It's like, everything you do is just to piss me off." 

Jeongyeon took a step in closer as Nayeon leaned against the pole of her bunk bed. "You think I do anything for you?" 

"I think you try to piss me off on purpose." 

"Nayeon," Jeongyeon fake gasped. "You think? I had no idea. And please. If you think anything I do is because of you, then you are the most self centered I've ever met." 

"I am a little self centered. I'll admit that. It makes me hot. But the thing about you is that you are worse than me. Yet you would never admit it!" 

"I am not just as bad as you. Never," Jeongyeon growled. "I'm not even close to you. In anything. In any way." 

"You wish you were though." 

"Hell no! Not everyone wants to miss prissy popular . Sorry to burst your bubble. But Nayeon... I don't want to be like you." 

"You think you're so much better than me. But deep down, you just want to be me. You're sad that you're not popular and hot." 

"I'm popular, hot, and real. Unlike you." 

"In your ing dreams, Jeongyeon." Nayeon laughed a little and grinned to herself. God did it feel good to finally have this argument, one that had been building for almost two weeks. And she was winning. And... she was about to finish Jeongyeon off for good. 

"Speaking of your dreams," Nayeon continued. "Maybe you don't want to be me. Maybe you just want me, and you're pissed that I wouldn't touch you unless I absolutely had to." 

Jeongyeon scoffed. "What the are you talking about?" 

Nayeon took a step in closer. "You want me so bad, don't you? Everything finally makes sense! I finally understand. You've wanted me, this whole summer. You wanna kiss me right now, don't you? Ooh, Jeongyeon, you wanna kiss me so bad..." 

Jeongyeon just smirked back at her. "No you." 

And with two little words, all the color drained from Nayeon's face. 

Why was she reacting this way? She didn't want to kiss Jeongyeon. Of course she didn't.

She stared down at the dirty floor, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"See, Nayeon, why would you say something like that unless you were thinking about it? I wasn't thinking about it. It's fine that you want me. I'm not mad." 

Nayeon felt her blood begin to boil. 

"I-I don't-" 

"Please, baby girl. It's okay. If you want me that bad it's cool. I'll kiss you." 

Nayeon finally looked up at Jeongyeon again, glaring with all of her might. While Jeongyeon just looked back at her with cool confidence. Ugh. 

"I hate-" 

But Nayeon's words were cut off by lips against lips. Neither was sure who had reached for the other first, maybe it was both of them at the same time, but before they could even realize what was happening hands were tangled on hips and hair and they were kissing. Not in a game, not because of a dare, just, kissing. 

And as much as Nayeon hated to admit it, it had never felt like this before. 

It was hard but Jeongyeon's lips were soft and her hands knew just how to hold her and there were sparks, fireworks, the whole shebang, as corny as it was. So Nayeon pressed in closer and Jeongyeon followed, backing her up against the bunk bed frame, the entire world around them fading. 

They pulled away for air, panting heavily on each other's faces, but not even that was enough to pull them back to reality. 

Jeongyeon left kisses on Nayeon's neck before cupping both her cheeks, pressing their lips back together. Nayeon felt her brain melt away. No thinking now, that would completely ruin the moment. Just feeling. 

But the sounds of cheery giggles and soft steps on gravel was what finally pulled the girls out of their moment and back into reality. 

"," Jeongyeon exhaled with the last of her breath. 

"F-, what are we gonna-" 

"I dunno." 

"...um... let's... pretend we went back to bed, I guess."

"Yeah. Yeah. Good idea." 

Both girls quickly and quietly crawled back under their covers. 

"Never speak of this again?" Nayeon asked. 

"Of course. I'd rather die," Jeongyeon answered. 

"Good." 

There was a moment or two of silence. "Don't snore this time," Jeongyeon spoke. 

" you," Nayeon answered, just as the rest of the girls entered the cabin. 

"Oh thank god," Sana clear voice said. 

"What happened?" Nayeon heard Chaeyoung ask. 

"They were bickering so bad this morning, that's why they weren't at breakfast," Momo explained. 

"Get up girls! No more napping! We are going back to the pool!" Jihyo called. 

Jeongyeon groaned and sat up, dramatically rubbing her eyes. Nayeon had to admit, she played it off well. "What?" 

"Mmh, fine," Nayeon fake sleepy mumbled herself. 

"Had to catch up on sleep after Nayeon kept me up all night." 

"I don't think she snores..." Sana said quietly. 

But Nayeon just laughed to herself. Maybe Jeongyeon and herself were keeping each other up in different ways.