Kissing Hangover

Summer Girls

A/N: hey everyone, sooo.... I thought when I left my 9-5 I'd have tons of time and energy to update my fics, but all of the sudden I got a social life? Huh? So um yeah, this is me saying sorry for the lack of updates. They may come a little slower than they were before but I would never ever abandon a fic entirely so don't worry! More updates are coming! Anyways...enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mina's sleepiness had faded completely by the time she made it back to her own bed. 

Thoughts circled around her brain like flies circling her head the entire night, listlessly fading in and out of sleep. Was that even fun? Was it fun to watch the other girls? Was it fun to kiss other girls? Was it weird that there weren't boys there? Did she mind? Her brain was just incapable of shutting up, like the night before a big exam or major performance, but there was a different quality to it. She could feel the feelings in her belly and the touch of lips on her own. And judging by the sound of the other girls tossing and turning in their own beds, she knew she wasn't alone. 

By the time she woke up for good, to the unbelievably shrill ring of the breakfast bell, she was exhausted. It was like she'd spent the entire night on her feet. 

"Noooo," Dahyun groaned lowly. 

"I can't," Chaeyoung whined. 

"What about breakfast?" Jihyo asked the room. 

"I am not hungry," Dahyun grumbled. 

"I'm kinda sick," Tzuyu added. 

When she thought about it, Mina agreed with Tzuyu. Her stomach felt full of knots, and the thought of putting anything in there made it feel worse. She knew she might even throw it back up. 

"You're right," Jihyo answered quietly. 

Suddenly, there came a loud knock on the wall next to their door.

"What?" Dahyun whined. 

"What are you guys doing?" Nayeon said, bursting into their cabin. "It's, like, breakfast time." 

"No," Chaeyoung responded. 

"We feel ty," Jihyo added. 

"Come on, aren't you guys hungry?" Sana asked, poking out from behind Nayeon, looking as perky as ever. Momo made her way around too, resting her head on Nayeon's shoulder. They all looked as human and alive as ever, and for a brief moment, Mina could see them as the popular girl trio in a teen movie. A wave of insecurity, wondering why such pretty and cool girls would ever want to be friends with her, passed over her before she pulled it down, along with the sickness in her stomach. 

"Whatever's going on with Jeongyeon, they have it too," Momo said. Just then, Jeongyeon made her way around Momo, Sana, and Nayeon from outside, looking just as dead as Mina felt. She groaned and laid herself down on the floor. 

"I remember when I had my first kiss, I felt really sick for a day. Ya know, all the nerves and stuff," Sana explained before gasping. "Oh my god, was last night all of your first kisses?" 

Chaeyoung groaned. "Yeah." The rest of the girls voiced their agreements. 

Nayeon snorted down at Jeongyeon. "God, that's right, you said last night that was your first kiss." 

"Tomorrow, I will kill you," Jeongyeon groggily growled back. 

"That's kinda crazy though..." Momo said quietly. 

"Come on, have a little sympathy!" Sana answered before turning to the rest of the girls. "We'll bring you something to eat. Because, like, you have to eat something." 

"No eating," Jeongyeon groaned. 

"Good idea," Nayeon answered, ignoring Jeongyeon. "Let's go." 

Not a sound was heard from the cabin until Nayeon, Momo, and Sana returned with cups full of dry cereal a few minutes later. After quite a bit of coaxing the girls sat up, slowly crunching on the corn flakes and boring pieces of lucky charms. Mina felt slightly more human. But only slightly. 

"What should we do today?" Sana asked. 

"ing nothing," Jeongyeon groaned. 

"Just sit here and chat?" Momo said. 

"Or attempt to sleep," Chaeyoung answered. 

"I don't think we'll succeed at that," Tzuyu added. 

"We could go grab some more string from the art shack?" Sana suggested.

"That sounds good. Just something chill so we aren't bored out of our ing minds when you guys pass out," Momo added. 

"Let's go get them and let these lazy es rest," Nayeon said with a giggle, the three beautiful girls leaving the cabin once again. They returned with enough string to have definitely pissed off the art shack counselor, letting the girls pick a couple of colors and starting their strings. It felt nice for Mina to have something to concentrate on, outside of how insane she felt physically and mentally. It helped with her dwelling on the craziness of the night before. 

"When did you guys kiss people?" Jihyo managed to ask. 

"Dance competition last year," Momo answered easily. "One of the teams had a boy. Pretty much everyone at the competition was all over him, but he picked me. Never saw him again." 

"I had my first boyfriend in eighth grade. We went on an unchaperoned movie date. You know what happens at unchaperoned movie dates," Sana said with a giggle. 

Mina sure didn't know what happened at unchaperoned movie dates, but she nodded along all the same. 

"Mine was three years ago. It was my middle school's first girl-boy party, there was a random bottle on the ground...pretty similar to what happened here. It got pretty crazy." 

"Did they play it the straight way, or did everyone kiss everyone?" Sana asked. 

"Luckily it wasn't the straight way, but the boys kept skipping when they would land on each other. So boring."

"How was it with boys there?" Tzuyu asked quietly. "Was it weird?"

"Hmm...not that different or weird. Boys kiss differently, but it wasn't bad. I mean, last night was just as fun. Maybe even more fun."

"I mean...it was kinda weird there were no boys there," Mina said quietly, mostly to herself really. 

"What?" Jeongyeon answered, much louder than Mina had spoken. Darn, she kinda hadn't meant for anyone else to hear that. "I wouldn't have done it with boys here. Ew." 

Chaeyoung snorted. "Same." 

Mina's eyes grew wide as she very pointedly stared at the floor. She hadn't really expected to hear something like that from them today. Or any day, really. 

"After last night, I think it's safe to say we all are lesbians or bi. I mean, look at me. And Chae. It's pretty obvious we only date girls," Jeongyeon continued. 

"Seriously? Me too?" Chaeyoung piped up before smiling a little and laughing to herself. "Well...I mean, you are right." 

"I do like boys," Momo added. "But I'm way too hot to only date boys." 

Nayeon grinned. "Duh, same. Plus, anybody that's cool is bi." 

Jeongyeon turned her head to give Nayeon a look. "So you're saying you're bi just because it's cool?" 

Nayeon huffed, glaring at Jeongyeon and crossing her arms. "No I am not!"

"I just like kissing everyone," Sana interrupted with a mindless smile on her face. 

"Yeah...boys are not it," Dahyun added. 

"Boys... well, sometimes they are it, mostly they're not. At least for me," Jihyo said. 

"I accidentally got off straight tiktok last year, and I haven't been the same since," Tzuyu very quietly spoke. 

Chaeyoung gave Mina a comforting smile and put her hand on her slight shoulder. "It's cool if you're straight, Mina. We don't mind." 

Momo chuckled. "After last night, it's just funny." 

Oh my god. By some mysterious twist of fate, Mina had ended up at a gay summer camp. What?

I mean... she didn't mind. Of course not! She just didn't really know anyone who was. Up until now at least. Well, up until now, she hadn't known anyone very well. It wasn't something she thought about very often. Love and romance and kissing and stuff like that weren't things she thought about very often in general. 

"Mina?" she suddenly heard. She perked up, shaking her head. "Huh?" 

"Lost in thought?" Jihyo teased. 

Mina smiled uncomfortably and shrugged, noticing all the girls eyes on her. "Yeah, kinda." 

"I asked you a question. We wanted to know if you minded."

"O-oh, of course not! Not at all!" Mina responded quickly, and it was true. Just because it gave her a lot to think about didn't mean she cared. And there was no way she'd let anything ruin her friendships with these girls, not when they were the best and first friendships she'd ever really had. "S-sorry if I made you guys think I did. It's really no big deal." 

"Good," Chaeyoung answered with a smile, resting her head on Mina's shoulder. 

"Good is right, because you're stuck with us for the rest of the summer," Nayeon added. 

Mina smiled. "And I'm not mad about it at all." 

"Aww!" Sana cried, running over to squish Mina in a hug. Mina laughed into it, and despite everything, for the first time all day she felt herself relax.