Omma?!

I Can't Believe I'm Falling For You!

YEUNJA

“YeunJa, wake up, we’re here,” omma gently said tapping my leg to wake me up.

It was ten at night and we just arrived, so everyone was either sleeping – probably, or out clubbing and gambling. I rubbed my eyes before blinking a few times and looking outside, there was a gigantic water park and the hotel was humungous compared to the water park.

“Wake Myungsoo up please,” omma said as she and Mr. and Mrs. Kim got out of the car to sign in.

I turned and looked at Myungsoo who was sleeping with his head against the window. Doesn’t that hurt? It’d hurt me. Slowly, I leaned over and whispered, “L, wake up, we’re here.” No response. So I tried again, this time I shook him by his shoulders, “L, wake up, we’re here.” Still no response, then I saw a smirk creep up on his face.

MYUNGSOO

I woke up just as we got there, but decided to rest my eyes since it was dark and there was nothing to see yet.

“Yeunja, wake up, we’re here,” I heard her omma say as the car slowed down. After a few minutes, I heard her say, “Wake Myungsoo up please.”

Whatever, I’m already up, I’ll just get up when they get back to the car.

“L, wake up, we’re here,” Yeunja whispered quietly. I just sat there and pretended to sleep waiting for her to give up. “L, wake up, we’re here,” she said again shaking me by my shoulder this time. Still, I didn’t do anything, but I did accidently smirk a little. I sat there and waited a few minutes thinking that she had given up when suddenly I felt a hard pinch on my cheek.

“Yah!” I shouted immediately sitting up glaring at her.

“What, you think I didn’t know that you were just pretending? You were smirking, you know if you want to lie to someone you should work on your acting,” Yeunja scoffed before turning around to pack up her stuff.

YEUNJA

I’m not stupid okay, I saw him smirking to himself, I swear he was laughing so hard inside. I quickly placed my iPod and headphones back into my bag before I picked up some of the trash on the floor to throw into a bag.

TOCK TOCK TOCK

I looked out the window and noticed the small ripples forming on the water and little raindrops on the window.

“Come on,” I said turning around to look at Myungsoo, “Let’s bring in the stuff before it starts raining harder.” I quickly got out and walked to the trunk using my hands to shield the rain. I opened it and Myungsoo’s face popped up in front of mine startling me, “Yah!” I yelled stepping back.

“What?” He asked taking his staring at me with his pokerface.

“Aish, aren’t you going to help me carry the stuff inside?” I asked rolling my eyes. I started unloading the suitcases and muttered to myself angrily, “Why didn’t they park under the cover? Stupid cars.” I looked up and saw Myungsoo still sitting in the car doing nothing, scoffing I took two of the suitcases and started dragging them inside when it started raining extremely hard. “What the heck?” I quickly ran inside with the luggage and saw our parents still talking at the front desk. “Omma, is everything okay?” I asked walking up to her and dropping the suitcases at her feet.

“Deh, they were just working on some other things, here are the keys to the room. Why don’t you and Myungsoo take the luggage up first, we still have to figure out some stuff here, arasso?” Omma asked me gently patting my shoulder.

“Arasso,” I said in defeat walking back out into the rain. Using my hands to shield myself again, I ran to the car and opened it saying, “Myungs…. Sorry, I meant to say L, but anyways, help me bring the suitcases inside to our room? Our parents are still figuring some stuff out at the desk.

“Uh,” he groaned annoyed, “Why do I always get stuck with you?”

“It’s not like I want to be stuck with you either,” I said bitterly quickly running to the trunk and picking up two more suitcases before running back inside with them ignoring L.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Mrs. Kim asked me as I stumbled inside with the suitcases.

“He’s um, minding his own business,” I answered quietly before running back outside into the rain. Myungsoo however, was still in the car doing nothing progressive. Sighing, I went to pick up the last two suitcases and duffel bag. I slung it over my shoulders diagonally, and dragged the two suitcases after me struggling under the harsh pound of the rain. Suddenly the rain stopped along with someone appearing next to me, I looked up and saw Myungsoo staring down at me with his jacket over the both of us.

“Come on, my jacket’s not going to keep us dry forever,” he said looking away.

We both walked inside while I had the suitcases and he held his jacket. He was dry, and well, I was drenched with water.

“Oh, Myungsoo, help Yeunja carry the stuff upstairs to our room, and how come only Yeunja brought the stuff inside?” Mrs. Kim asked arching an eyebrow at him.

“Mrs. Kim, we’ll be going first then,” I smiled dragging Myungsoo behind me by his wrist. “Omma, will you guys take the last two bags?” I asked as I held onto my suitcase, duffel bag, backpack and omma’s suitcase.

“Deh, you two take what you can, we’ll take the rest,” she smiled kindly before we left with one of the keys.

~~~

We were standing in the elevator waiting as if went up to the eleventh floor. I let go of the suitcases and tried to untangle my wet tangled hair.

MYUNGSOO

We were waiting as the elevator brought us up. I looked over to Yeunja as she tried to untangle her wet hair.

“You know L, sometimes I don’t get you,” she suddenly said looking at me, “You’re nice one second and then you get all mean and cold. It’s really confusing you know.” She frowned as her fingers got caught in her hair.

“Would you rather me just be mean and cold? And I mean you are the one who’s talking to me,” I said looking away awkwardly.

“Well, it’s nice that you’re not always like that, and I mean I don’t have anyone to talk to so I might as well talk and hangout with you right?” She sighed in frustration taking her fingers out of her still tangled hair.

“So are you replacing Himchan with me?” I asked in disbelief. “I don’t want to be his replacement.” Why would she want me to be a replacement? I’m pretty sure her freak friend wouldn’t want to be replaced either but since it’s me you know it’d be okay. But I don’t want to be the replacement; I’d rather be someone else.

“No silly, I would never replace anyone with someone else, that’s just messed up. I’m just saying that since Himchan’s not here right now, you’ve become like a new friend, well at least for me,” she grabbed the suitcases and walked out as the doors opened.

She said that I’m her friend; I smiled to myself as I followed her. Wait, she said that you’re like her friend, what are people going to say after break when they see her talking to you? Don’t get to close Myungsoo.

“L,” Yeunja said interrupting my thoughts, “Aren’t you coming?” I looked around and noticed that I had stopped in the middle of the hallway.

“Yeah,” I replied watching her walk inside with bags trailing after her.

~~~

“Omma, can I sleep on the pull-out bed,” I asked as they walked through the door.

“If you want to, there are three rooms,” she said.

“Yeah, I think I want to sleep out here,” I said jumping onto the couch.

“Well then Yoona, you and Yeunja can have your own rooms then,” Omma smiled kindly before dragging her luggage into the master bedroom.

“Yeunja, I’m going to take the room with the bigger bed then okay?” Mrs. Ryu asked looking at Yeunja.

“Sure omma,” Yeunja replied cheerfully as she walked into the room with two twin beds.

Ah, I get the living room and TV to myself for the rest of the night.

YEUNJA

I walked into my room and noticed that the doors on the closet were sliding doors that were covered from top to bottom with mirrors. Uh, I hate sleeping with mirrors in my room; I frowned before I put my suitcase and duffel bag into the closet. I have two beds in my room, which one to sleep in? Aw, what the heck; I choose the one closest to the door and in front of the mini television. Silly L, there are TV’s in every room. Even though I had had hours of sleep, I hopped into my bed and drifted off to sleep.

MYUNGSOO

I wasn’t tired so I sat there watching some variety shows laughing my off when Mrs. Ryu came out of her room.

“Myungsoo-ah, maybe you should take my room instead alright, I’ll just bunk in with Yeunja. There’s also a TV in the room too, make sure you go to sleep soon alright, we’re waking up early tomorrow,” she kindly said as she brought her stuff towards Yeunja’s room.

“Mrs. Ryu,” I said getting up from the couch, “it’s okay, I can sleep out here.”

“Ani, it be better if we all slept on a bed if we could, we had a long day. And just call me omma,” she replied, “I’ve never had my own son so you are just like my son. Just like Himchan.” She smiled before patting my head.

“Deh eomoni,” I gave her a small smile before she went in and closed the door.

After a few minutes, I dragged my suitcases into my room and jumped into bed since we were going to get up early.

YEUNJA

BOOM! CRASH!

I woke up to the sound of thunder crashing loudly. Omo, why in the world would there be thunder and lightning now? I looked at the clock on the bedside table, 1:05. I looked up from the clock and swear I saw a lump in the bed next to mine. Scaring the hell out of me, I ran out of bed and into omma’s room slamming the door shut quickly jumping into the bed.

“Omma, I shouldn’t of slept alone,” I whispered snuggling up to her. “Omma!” I squeaked as lightning hit the sky again.

“Ugh,” she grunted.

“Omma, gwenchana? What happened to your voice?” I whispered looking around the pitch black room.

“What are you talking about omma?” She mumbled sleepily.

“Omma!” I said surprised. I started shaking her scared out of my mind.

“What!” She grumbled angrily with a low voice.

“Yeunja?”

“Omma!” I held onto her arm and it felt muscular? What the heck? She moved around a bit before turning on the lamp next to the bed.

“AHHH!”


so how was this chapter? XD not how I thought it would turn out and it doesn't seem as funny when I write it out XD ack!