Unbelievable

I Can't Believe I'm Falling For You!

YEUNJA

L helped my omma and his parents finish load the van while I stood on my tippy toes looking for HimChan miraculously appearing down the block.

Why isn’t he calling me? Eottoke? I don’t want to spend my spring break with Myungsoo. I groaned loudly squatting down and putting my head in between my knees gripping onto my cellphone.

“Yeunja, get in, we’re going,” omma said waiting for me to get in after Myungsoo. “Why don’t you two get talk and get to know each other while you sit in the back with him.”

“Sure, we’ll talk,” I sarcastically said as I glared at him as I got into the car while he just stared out the window. “Can’t I just sit with you omma?”

“Ani,” she said as she shut the van door. “I’m putting our lunch here,” she carefully placed the basket there before getting into her own seat.

“Seatbelts on everyone!” Mr. Kim said as he started the engine.

Pretty soon they were all lost in some weird conversation forgetting about everything except for the road of course, while I sat in the back with L awkwardly. So I decided I would try and talk to him, since he was doing nothing but staring out the window.

“So…,” I awkwardly started.

“What,” he said still staring out the window.

Fine, be a sass like that, I scrunched up my face before saying, “Why L?”

That got his attention, he turned and looked at me with his pokerface before saying, “Just because.”

“What kind of name is that anyway? Deathnote?” I asked confused as I stared right back at him. Finally he looked away and said, “It’s just a name okay.”

WARRIOR! HUH!

“Oh Himchan,” I quietly said immediately picking up my phone.

HIMCHAN

“Yeunja! I miss you!” I whined into the phone.

“I miss you too, now what? Can you come?”

“Good news and bad news,” I said looking back at my mom and dad talking to a guy.

“Tell me the good news first.”

“Are you sure?” I fidgeted shuffling my feet as I stood on the curb of the street.

“Yes, now just tell me.”

“Well, I can come on vacation with you. Yay!” I quietly cheered.

“That’s great! Now I’m not stuck with it!”

“Hey, I can hear you, you know,” I heard an irritated L say.

“Anyways, the bad news is that my parents car broke down,” I frowned as I looked back at them again.

“WHAT!?”

YEUNJA

“WHAT!?” I screamed making everyone turn and look at me.

“Yeunja, what’s wrong?” My mom asked surprised.

“Nothing, it’s nothing,” I mumbled looking away.

“It’s clearly something,” I saw Myungsoo roll his eyes as he sighed.

“Don’t worry, it’s not like I want to spend my break with you either,” I stuck my tongue out at Myungsoo before talking back to Himchan, “What are you doing then? Why didn’t you call me earlier? I was waiting for you.”

“I was waiting for my mom and by the time she said yes you guys already left!”

“Well, when are your parents going to get it fixed?” I asked anxiously.

“They’re talking to the car mechanic right now and I think it’ll be done by tomorrow so I’ll see you after tomorrow.”

“Okay,” I huffed, “I’ll see you then.” Down, I plugged in my ear phones and skipped through some songs until I found one of my favorite songs, Replay by SHINee. “Noona neomu yeppeo,” I sang along.

About an hour and a half had past and we still haven’t stopped for lunch. It was around 12:30, when we drove past a gas station. Realizing that we just drove past a gas station, I looked over to Myungsoo who seemed to be thinking what I was thinking too.

“Omma!” We both shouted in unison as I pulled out my earplugs.

“Deh?” They both turned around to look at us.

“What about the,”

“Aren’t you going to,”

“Are we going to stop?”

“When are we going to,”

“Will you two talk one at a time?” Omma suddenly said loudly over us.

I looked at Myungsoo who was looking back at me.

“We were just wondering why dad wasn’t stopping for any gas,” Myungsoo calmly replied.

“Oh, there’s a gas station close to where we’re going to eat lunch. I’m going to stop there, and the gas is cheaper there,” Myungsoo’s dad simply answered keeping his eyes on the road.

“This place is deserted. There’s not even a car in sight,” I sighed as I sat back into my seat.

___

30 minutes later

“Are we almost there?” Myungsoo asked looking away from the window.

“Just another half hour,” his dad said from the front.

___

10 minutes later

“Only twenty minutes left. I’m so hungry,” I said as my stomach growled.

“Oh, yeobo, what’s going on?” Myungsoo’s mom suddenly asked.

“Why are we slowing down?” My mom asked making me notice the car slowing down.

“Uh oh,” he quietly said as the car stopped.

“Don’t tell me we’re out of gas,” I groaned stretching my neck to try and see the front of the car.

“We’re out of gas,” Mr. Kim sighed lying back on his seat. Worst thing, we were on a small slope, you know what that means.

“This is unbelievable,” I sighed quietly to myself.

“Yeobo, we’re going down!” Mrs. Kim shouted making him step on the brake. “Is there signal here?”

We all took out our phones and tried to get service but there was nothing. We all sat there waiting for a few minutes until omma said, “Okay, we can’t sit here and wait, there’s no service. We’re going to have to push the car.”

“Myungsoo,” his omma immediately said making him groan in complaint.

“You too Yeunja,” omma said after her.

“What? I thought you said we’re going to have to push the car,” I said surprised.

“By we’re, I meant you and Myungsoo. You two are still young and full of energy. Now be a good girl, it’s not the high and we’re not that far,” she sternly said making me groan.

“Fine,” I sighed taking off my seat belt and getting out of the car with MyungSoo behind me. “So far, this spring break has been the worst.”

“Tell me about it,” Myungsoo sighed immediately pushing the car as soon as he got out. “It’s not moving. Appa! Let go of the break!” He shouted a bit angry.

“Oh, mianhe,” Mr. Kim chuckled from the car.

“Well aren’t you going to help me?” Myungsoo asked looking at me.

Sighing, I started pushing the car with him, luckily the hill we were pushing the car up was just a little slope so it wasn’t that hard.

“This is easier than I thought it would be. Why do they exaggerate it in movies,” I laughed.

“That’s because I’m doing all the work,” Myungsoo huffed. I looked at him and saw him sweating profusely. Then he let go of the car letting it start to roll back on me.

“Okay!” I panicked, “It’s because of you, Myungsoo help me!” He smirked at me before pushing the car again. Trying my hardest, I pushed the car harder; surprisingly it made the car move faster, sadly it made me more tired.

“This is so hard!” I groaned pushing it with all my might. Why do cars have to run on gas? Why is the world so complicated? I exhaled loudly as I felt my arms start to feel like jelly.

Suddenly, Myungsoo started laughing making me turn to look at him who was just walking behind the car.

“Yah!” I yelled tiredly as I kept pushing the car in fear that it might roll backwards on me.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry, it was just too funny watching you try so hard to push the car alone,” he smiled before helping me push the car again.

Wait, he smiled! A real smile!

“Myungsoo,” I started before he cut me off.

“L,” he face returned to a pokerface.

L,” I emphasized it, “you should smile more often. You have a nice smile, plus you always look so…. I don’t know. You and your pokerface and icy stare.”

MYUNGSOO

She complimented me. She said that my smile was nice. I turned my head and wiped the sweat on my face onto my shirt as I smiled to myself.

___

Gas station

“Uh… finally,” I sighed in relief when I saw the gas station up ahead. I turned and looked at Yeunja who looked like she was about to fall over. “Yah, gwenchana?”

She looked at me surprised before she smiled and answered, “Yeah, just tired.”

Kekeke, she has a cute smile. Yah, MyungSoo control yourself, just wait until this is all over.

~~~

“We’re here!” Yeunja excitedly said pushing the car faster into the gas station.

“You two did a good job!” Omma said as she got out of the car giving me and Yeunja hugs. “Thank you two, now go ahead and grab yourselves a cold drink from inside.”

I turned around and just went inside, I should stop being so nice to YeunJa, she might think that I like her or something. Now that would be something.

YEUNJA

“YeunJa, you did a good job,” omma smiled as she gave me a kiss on the forehead after wiping it with a napkin. “Do you want to go inside?”

“No, I think I’ll just wait out here,” I said.

“Do you want me to get you a drink?”

“Fruit punch will be great,” I smiled as she walked inside. After I looked around and noticed that we were near a lake, I went and sat on one of the benches close to the lake.

After a few minutes, someone held out a bottle of fruit punch in front of me. Smiling I took it and looked up to see Myungsoo standing by the bench.

“You didn’t have to bring it to me,” I said breathing in as I opened it.

“You’re mom asked me to,” He said sitting down on the bench next to me.

Pretty soon, I felt my eyes drooping and fell asleep on something soft.

MYUNGSOO

We were sitting there waiting for our parents when Yeunja fell asleep on my shoulder. I would have pushed her away but I was too tired, so I ended falling asleep too.

NO ONE’S POV

“Oh look at those two,” Myungsoo’s mom cooed as she walked over to wake them up with YeunJa’s mom. “Do you have a camera?”

“Way ahead of you,” she smiled before tiptoeing in front of them and snapping a quick picture of them sleeping together; Yeunja’s head on Myungsoo’s shoulder while his head rested on hers.

“They’re so cute together,” Myungsoo’s mom squealed before she motioned for Yeunja’s mom to follow her. “Let’s get lunch set up before we wake them up.”

YEUNJA

“Yeunja, ireona,” I heard omma say as she gently shook me. I looked up and noticed that I had been sleeping on the bench. “Lunch is ready.” She said leading me towards Myungsoo and his family at the picnic table.

~~~

After I finished eating, I excused myself from the table and walked to the lake. I took off my shoes and placed them on the grass near the shoreline making sure that they weren’t close enough to wash away. Slowly, I walked into the lake and let the water cool down my feet and legs.

MYUNGSOO

“Myungsoo-ah, why don’t you go play around too,” omma smiled at me patting my cheek.

“Deh,” I nodded and left sensing that they were going to be talking about something important.

As I reached the lake I watched as Yeunja stood in the water letting the wind and water cool her down. I went over and sat on the grass and just observed the scenery.

“L,” I heard Yeunja say making me look up at her, “Why don’t you come here, it feels good.” She smiled motioning me over. I ignored her and looked away closing my eyes as I felt the breeze.

Suddenly I felt someone pull me up by my wrist, I looked and saw Yeunja laughing as she pulled me towards the water.

“Come on, it’s fun,” she smiled widely.

“No, I don’t want to,” I whined trying to get her grip on my wrist off.

“It’ll cool you off, I can see you sweating again,” she said letting me go and walking into the water.

“If I do, will you leave me alone?” I asked as I took off my shoes.

“Maybe,” she said closing her eyes and breathing in.

Whatever, I slowly walked in and felt the cold water run over my feet. While I bent over and rolled up my jeans, I heard Yeunja laugh before I felt a splash of water land on my back.

“Yah!” Immediately, I scooped up water with both of my hands and threw at her while she struggled to run away in the water.

“Ah!” She screamed before turning around, with a smirk plastered on her face, and splashing water at me again starting the war. After a few minutes, we were both soaking wet from head to toe laughing our butts off.

“MyungSoo, YeunJa, it’s time to go!” I heard omma shout from the table that they already cleaned up.

“Deh, we’re coming!” I smiled and started walking off and then remembered that YeunJa was still by the lake. “Aren’t you…

“Andwae!” She shouted as she picked up her shoes leaking water.

“Guess, you’ll just have to walk barefoot, like me,” I smiled holding up my shoes also full of water.

She laughed before running up to catch up with me.

~~~

“Yeunja, you’re all wet,” her omma said as she looked her up and down.

“It’s okay, I’ll just grab a shirt from my suitcase,” YeunJa said calmly.

“Your suitcase is at the very bottom, we’ll have to take everything back out,” her mom sighed.

“What? Why did you put my stuff at the bottom?” YeunJa exclaimed as she pouted.

“Here,” I said handing her one of my extra t-shirts, “you can um, wear, or uh borrow this for now.”

She looked up at me surprised before smiling and taking it running inside barefoot.

“Gomawo!”

~~~

“Why is your shirt so big? It makes me look like I’m not wearing any pants,” Yeunja whined as she held the shirt up awkwardly showing her shorts.

“I’m a guy, I don’t wear short shorts,” I answered hopping into the back seat.

“I guess,” she said unsure as she sat down in her seat bringing her knees up to her chest.

“You’ll be fine,” I smiled to myself before turning to look out the window.

Soon enough, she fell asleep and was breathing lightly. What a girl, I chuckled to myself and then found myself falling asleep a few minutes right after.


So how was this chapter?? A litte Myungsoo and YeunJa moment :D kekeke