Chapter 3

Hotel Euthanasia

“Hyung, this place is amazing!” Junhong exclaimed as he bounced in his seat. “But I don’t get why they don’t give us all our own rooms.”

“Is there a problem rooming with me?” Jongup asked as he placed a hand on his chest. “That’s cold.”

“You should be happy that we’re getting three suites instead of one room in the basement,” Yongguk said as he stared at the entire group. “Why are you all in our room anyways?”

“Yongguk, let’s go to the pool!” Himchan excitedly said with a twinkle in his eye. “Let’s go see if there are any pretty girls in bikinis!”

“Why would you go to the pool when we’re right by the beach?” Daehyun muttered to himself as he questioned how Himchan was his hyung.

“You are right,” Himchan stood straight up and let out a mischievous grin. “Let’s go to the beach! What if a girl is drowning and I save her and we end up falling in love? What if she’s like this super model with a fantastic body?”

“We are not going anywhere near the beach. We have to go to the manager and ask the times we will perform.” Yongguk announced as he gave a stern look towards Himchan’s way. “And after that, we need to have practice.”

“Hyung, why can’t we play first?” Jongup and Junhong whined in unison.

“If you want to be kicked out and never be able to perform, you are free to go and play as much as you want.”

“F-Fine,” Jongup pouted. “Let me go and change my clothes first.” His back slumped as he made his way out the door and into his own hotel room.

“Go and get changed into comfortable clothing.” Yongguk commanded as the other obliged without a complaint.

“You’re such a party pooper, Yonggukie.” Himchan teased as he lifted his suitcase onto his bed and ped it. “What should I wear to practice? Should I wear a wifebeater so the ladies can see my arms? Wait, should I wear a jacket over my wifebeater so when I’m sweaty and all the ladies see me, they’ll swoon when I take it off? No, I should just be shirtless! Yes, I shall be shirtless.”

“What are you- Never mind.” Yongguk sighed as he left Himchan in his own little world. ‘Okay, so we should practice for two hours or so and then take a break.’ Letting out another sigh, Yongguk felt bad that he wasn’t allowing the others to freely play. It had taken B.A.P months to actually get a gig and he was not about to let it slip through his hands just because the others want to play.

Yongguk had something to fall back on; his café and his family. Compared to the others, Yongguk was still speaking to his parents although his father was disappointed that Yongguk chose music rather than being a business man. He was the oldest of the six and he knew he had to take care of all of them.

Himchan, despite being a huge ladies man, never knew his mother and he was raised by his drunkard father and drug addicted brother. Himchan basically raised himself as he took on jobs since he was in middle school. Having the pretty boy look, he was easily able to work at night clubs and as a host in a host club.

Daehyun is a shy person who takes a while to get used to someone. It took him about a year just to be able to be comfortable with the B.A.P members. His parents owned a business in Busan and in order to expand, they moved to Seoul when Daehyun was about thirteen. He was always a dense and innocent kind of guy and was always taken advantage of by his classmates. For example, a girl at his school asked him out on a date and when they were shopping, Daehyun bought all the things she wanted only to have her completely ignore him the following day.

Youngjae is the smart one of the group. He was shunned by his classmates because they would always feel inferior to Youngjae every time something logical comes out his mouth. He would be the center of bullying and ridicule by his classmates and it didn’t help that it was in a prestigious high school. Being brainy, he was accepted with a full scholarship to one of Korea’s top high school alongside the rich kids that bought their way in. He did not want to attend the school, but because his parents thought they could have bragging rights, they forced Youngjae to take it.

Jongup probably the only one not shunned by his peers; he was shunned by his parents. His parents were the conservative type of people and all they wanted Jongup to do was go to school, find a nice girl, get a nice job, and have a family. Jongup wanted nothing of that sort. All he wanted to do was dance. Dancing was his passion and if his parents refused to accept it, he refused to accept his parents. He moved out of his parents’ house at the age of seventeen and lived in the dance studio that he attended.

Junhong never knew his birth parents because he was placed in an orphanage since birth. His caretaker had told him that his mother had him at the age of seventeen and she was forced to give him up. Despite never meeting his real family, he never let it slow him down. He was taken in by Yongguk when Yongguk turned twenty which explains why Yongguk is the only person Junhong shows his respect to.

“Yongguk, aren’t you changing?” Himchan asked as Yongguk broke out of his concentration.

“Yeah, just a bit.”

“I’m going to go and check on the others; I’ll meet you in Jongup and Junhong’s room.”

Changing into black sweats and a white hoodie, Yongguk slipped on his dirty white dance sneakers and grabbed his duffel bag. He made sure his earphones and iPod were in there before he walked out of the hotel room. He noticed a short young girl standing at the door next to him. The two shared a small stare down before she bowed her head and Yongguk did the same.

“Hyung, are you ready?”

Opening the door to her room, Jiyeong placed her bags next to the single king size bed. “That was weird.” She mumbled to herself as Yongguk’s stare replayed in her mind.

“It’s 1PM right now,” she told herself as she looked at the clock of her phone. “What should I do first?”

Standing at the edge of the window, she stared at the bright blue sky. “Should I go on a walk?” She let out a breath of air, “maybe I will do that.”

Gathering her backpack with her wallet, phone, iPod, and notebook, she left the hotel room. Walking down the hallway and into the elevator, she felt a small feeling of uneasiness inside of her. “Why does everything seem so odd today?”

‘geojitmariya geojitmariya geojitmariya geojitmariyasasirianya sasirianya sasirianya sasirianya’

“Hello?” Jiyeong asked as she answered her phone without looking at the caller ID.

“How do you like your room?”

“Who is this?” Jiyeong’s voice change from a polite tone to a harsh tone, “Min, is this you?”

“Now, don’t rush to be so upset.” The voice chuckled. “I was just asking whether you like your room or not.”

Pulling her phone away from her ear and pressing the end button continuously, Jiyeong gazed at her phone in concern before letting out a heavy sigh. ‘Those drug addicts got my phone number again?’

The elevator soon stopped on the lobby floor and Jiyeong began walking out before she was stopped by a female employee.

“Miss,”

Jiyeong turned to face the lady in her gray fitted blazer and pencil skirt. She had her hair tied up in a tight bun that fit perfectly with her professional appearance.

“Would you like to take a survey for our hotel? We assure you that it’ll only take a few minutes.”

‘I don’t really have anything to do today.’Jiyeong thought to herself.  “Sure,”

“Right this way,” she ushered Jiyeong into the bar area of the hotel and made her take a seat at one of the tables. “We’re just going to ask a few questions about you and we’d like you to answer, alright?”

Jiyeong nodded and the employee proceeded to ask a few questions; some of which made Jiyeong extremely uncomfortable.

“What do you parents do?”

“They are,” Jiyeong looked off to the side to hide the pain in her face, “they’re dead.”

“Oh, my, I didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable!”

“It’s okay,” Jiyeong smiled. “That past is the past.”

“What are your fears?”

“I hate heights.” Jiyeong stared mindlessly at the employee, “that’s it.”

“Thank you,” the employee chimed as she stood up and straightened her skirt. “I appreciate your time.” With that, she walked out of the bar before Jiyeong could ask any other questions.

“I guess surveys should be quick?” Jiyeong asked herself before she left the bar as well. Walking out of the hotel lobby, Jiyeong basked in the warm sunlight. ‘It’s definitely prettier in Jeju.’

Finding her way to one of the benches near the ocean side, she made herself comfortable and pulled out her plain black notebook and a pen. Staring out at the bright blue sky and water, she began writing down her thoughts and feelings into music. It started light and fluffy from the inspiration from the couples out vacationing together until it began to head towards the dark, grim direction. Had she thought of her parents? She told herself that she would never think about them until the day she died, but why was she suddenly so upset about it now?

All the lady asked was what her parents did; nothing more, nothing less. Why did her question faze Jiyeong so much? She hated her parents with a passion for leaving her. Even though she felt that way, she did her heart hurt so much?

Jiyeong saw the water drops on her hand and paper. ‘Is it raining?’ she asked herself as she looked at the cloudless blue sky. She didn’t realize that they were her own tears. The last time Jiyeong had cried was when she was just a fifteen year old in Seattle. Ever since then, Jiyeong specialized in holding back her tears. When she was sixteen and beat for accidentally spilling the goods, tears didn’t show. When she was seventeen and her friend was shot in front of her, tears were nowhere in sight. When she was nineteen and pushed down several flights of stairs, tears didn’t want to join the party. Tears were nonexistent in Jang Jiyeong’s book. It’s been five years and now that she’s twenty, she cried for the very first time from the thought of her parents.

 

After the first night in Jeju, Airi still followed her daily schedule. At 5 A.M every morning, she’s already up as the sun is still sleeping and goes out for a quick jog. When she’s finished, she goes back home and takes a shower before Manager Kim arrives. The only thing different today is that she’s not getting picked up; not for the next two weeks.

The feeling of suddenly breaking her long-time schedule is killing her. She’s been following a certain schedule for a year now; how can she suddenly be comfortable without it? If she’s not at a photo shoot, she’s busy shooting a CF. When she’s not shooting a CF, she’s observing idol-model-to-be trainees. It’s work, work, work for Airi and because of that, the definition of ‘vacation’ was nowhere to be found in Airi’s dictionary.

Airi hated her household ever since her mother committed suicide. She hated her father. She hated her life. She hated her family, classmates, and herself. She hated everything. As soon as she graduated, she left her father’s house in Busan and never looked back. Being fresh out of high school without a college background, she was always rejected from high paying jobs. She wanted to settle with working as a worker at a café or department store, but it didn’t work out well because of her appearance. Sure Airi is beautiful, but people were worried about her eyes. They were worried that it would scare customers away.

Airi had this charisma that photographers seemed to love. Manager Kim is one of her mother’s friend’s sisters. She often saw Airi whenever her mother brought Airi to her house. Manager Kim basically saved Airi from a life of homelessness and suffering. She took Airi in and in exchange for housing, Airi agreed to be a model.

A year later, Airi now owns her own apartment and is one of the most talked about models in the industry. Many people think of her as ungrateful because she or Manager Kim often rejects photo shoots that have a lively concept. Airi never gives out meaningful smiles. They’re always fake, robotic, meaningless smiles. She does better in a dark kind of photo shoot. She’s not comfortable with modeling, why does she have to make herself feel even worse in a concept she hates?

 Pills, pills, pills. They’re always on her mind. She was always sent to the hospital when she was young because of her weak vocal chords. With a pretty face, there would always be problems. Being unable to operate on and no treatments to strengthen her vocal chords, Airi is stuck with taking pills to help ‘strengthen’ her vocal chords. Although they don’t do much when she takes them, if she forgets to take them, she won’t be able to talk the next day.

Jogging back into the hotel’s lobby and into the elevator, Airi slipped into her room and went to the bathroom. Staring at sweaty self in the mirror, she let out a disgusted expression. ‘All I see is him,’ she scowled as she the sink and splashed water onto her face.

Stripping her clothes and starting the shower, she let the pulsating water hit her skin, helping her relax. She always loved the feeling of rain on her skin, but being busy with shoots, she was rarely given the free time of spending time in the rain, so water from showers were the closest thing she could get.

Most people would think of rain as a symbol of sadness or regret, but Airi thinks of it as happiness. Whenever it rains, she feels as if her mother is there with her. The mother that left her with the monster she had married. She missed her mom terribly, but she refused to go back to Busan to visit her grave. If she ever returned, she would see him.

After realizing she showered for too long, she quickly got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. Walking out and to her suitcase, she lifted it on her bed to figure out what to wear. She wanted to walk around the entire day so heels were a no-no for her. She looked outside the window and saw that the sun had already risen. Sure it was going to be a warm and beautiful day, Airi had decided on a quarter sleeve satin yellow sundress with sheer black stockings and cream flats with a small ruffled flower on each shoe.

‘7:21,’ Airi told herself as she stared at the digital clock that was on the bedside table. ‘It seems a bit too early to go on a walk right now… Should I just get something to eat first?’

Airi looked in the mirror once more to make sure her appearance was in order before grabbing her bag and leaving the her room.

Walking towards the elevator, a figure bumped into Airi causing her to fall over.

“Whoa, I’m sorry!” The figure apologized as he grabbed Airi’s arm to help her up. “Are you okay?” He asked her as Airi stared at the figure in shock. ‘Wow, she’s really pretty…’

“I-I’m fine!” Airi stuttered as she threw his arm off of hers and back away from his body.

“Did I hurt you? How about you give me your number and I’ll give you mines just in case we need to meet up again and I’ll pay for your damages.” He began walking towards Airi but before he could get close enough, Airi ran off into the elevator leaving the man in shock.

“Hyung, did you just get rejected?”Jongup tiredly asked as he stood at the doorway rubbing his eyes.

“Himchan hyung got rejected?” Jongup exclaimed as he quickly got out of bed and into the hallway. “Are you serious? Daehyun hyung was right!”

“I’m right about what?” Daehyun and Youngjae opened their door to see everyone in the hallway laughing at Himchan’s shrunken shoulders. 

“‘How about you give me your number and I’ll give you mines just in case we need to meet up again and I’ll pay for your damages’,” Yongguk let out a chuckle as he repeated what had happened earlier. “Did you really use that to get her number?” He crossed his arms and leaned on the doorway, “smooth,”

“Wait, wait, wait, he really used that?” Junhong fell over laughing as he held his stomach, “he seriously used that line?”

“S-shut up!” Himchan stuttered as his face became a light shade of pink. “I wasn’t flirting! I wasn’t rejected!” he whined before he walked past Yongguk and back into the hotel room.

The rest of the members were busy laughing away at Himchan’s pathetic excuse for flirting and his dreadful rejection.

“I said I wasn’t rejected!”

“Okay, Himchan, you weren’t flirting with that girl,” Yongguk let out another chuckle before he faced the others, “get ready for practice; we’re starting in an hour.”

“Hyung, it’s only 7A.M!” Jongup whined.

“If you’re all up and lively to make fun of Himchan, then you’re okay to go to practice. Remember our first show is tonight.”

Yongguk walked back into the room and saw Himchan lying on his bed faced down. “Himchan, get up,” he said with no reaction from Himchan. “Get up,” he said again as he slapped Himchan on his behind.

“Leave me alone,” Himchan muffled in the covers. “I’m heartbroken!”

“It’s just one girl,” Yongguk sighed. “You’ll find someone else who will like you for what you are.”

“It’s not just one girl!” Himchan shot his head up and glared at Yongguk with teary eyes. “Park Airi is not just one girl!”

Yongguk raised his eyebrow, “Park Airi?”

“Park Airi is Song Hye Kyo, Ha Ji Won, and Lee Hyori combined!” He whined as he began kicking his legs. “She has the gracefulness of Song Hye Kyo, the cuteness of Ha Ji Won, and the iness of Lee Hyori! She is not just one girl!”

Yongguk scowled at his friend’s overreaction, “Just get ready for practice, will you?”

“This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t ask me to wake up the others! Why didn’t you go by yourself?”

Not want to deal with Himchan’s temper tantrum any longer, Yongguk retreated into the bathroom to get ready.

“It’s your entire fault, Bang Yongguk! It’s your fault!”

===

Author’s Corner-
Wow, this is so long~ This chapter alone is seven pages while the next chapter is another seven pages as well! Hope you all like this chapter and I shall continue this talk in part two! Onwards~~~