Chapter 11

Hotel Euthanasia

 

"We can't filing a missing person report when the said person isn't actually missing," the police officer sighed as he stared at the two in front of him. "They're on vacation; maybe they just extended their trip."

"Extended their trip?" Woosung scoffed, staring at the officer with a shocked expression. "Excuse me, there are four girls that we know are missing. Four complete strangers, and you're telling me that they all extended their trip?"

"If Airi wanted to extend her trip, she would have told me! She wouldn't have done it without my permission, much less without a word!" Manager Kim exclaimed, gaining a look from the others in the station.

"Minjung wouldn't have done that either! My sister talks too much, and not having her tell me about her day is too strange! Like Airi, if she wanted to have a longer trip, she would have told me!"

"Calm down." The police officer sighed once more, staring at the computer screen in front of him. "Look, as much as I want to help you, I can't do anything. Come back in a few weeks, okay? If they still haven't showed up, then I'll write up a missing person report."

"A few weeks? Are you ing kidding me?" Woosung cursed, standing up from his seat and staring down at the surprised man. "You want us to come in a few weeks? What if my sister is ing dead by then, huh? Will you take responsibility?"

"You stupid brat-" The officer stood up as well, lifting his arms indicating that he wanted to hit Woosung.

"Officer Han," another police officer called as he walked up to the desk. "We got a call from China just a few minutes ago." He announced, handing a piece of paper.

"China? What for?" Officer Han asked, momentarily ignoring the two in front of him and examining the paper. "Annabelle Lee? Who is this?"

"A dance instructor at Beijing Dance Academy. She was supposed to be in Jeju for a vacation and was supposed to arrive back in China yesterday. The Chinese police called our station to ask if we can report a missing person report."

"Missing person report? For a day? Isn't that a little too extreme?"

"I thought so, too, but apparently her students and co-workers insisted on it. Since they asked it, we have no choice but to do so, correct?"

"Since they asked? Excuse me, we've been here for an hour asking for this incompetent man to file missing reports for us, but suddenly when a different country asks to file a report for someone in Jeju, you guys automatically do it? Are you kidding me?" Manager Kim complained as she stood up from her chair and placed her hands on her hips.

"Wait, Jeju? Manager Kim-sshi, what if this Annabelle girl was with Minjung and the others?" Woosung stared at Manager Kim as she gave him a look as well. "Excuse me, can we you please tell us the numbers of the people who filed the report?"

"That's an invasion of privacy, so no." Officer Han retorted, giving the two a smirk.

"Fine, I hope you have a happy conscious once this is over." Woosung said before telling Manager Kim to leave the station. "Oh," he said as he turned back and faced the officer. "I see you're a big fan of f(x)." Woosung said as he glanced at the f(x) poster that sat at his desk. "I hope you know that f(x)'s Amber hates you now."

"Why are we leaving without information about who called?" Manager Kim asked as the two got into her car.

"Like those s are going to tell us anything," Woosung said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "We have all the information we need."

"Who are you calling?"

Woosung searched through his phone's address book and smiled, "a Chinese speaker."

 

"China?" Amber stared at Woosung with a confused look as he and Manager Kim explained the situation. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah, what if it's just a coincidence?" Min said, pacing back and forth in the waiting room within the  SM Entertainment building.

While Manager Kim and Woosung were at the police station hoping to have a missing person report filed, Amber and Min were impatiently waiting in SM entertainment's training room. They wanted to go with Manager Kim and Woosung, but Manager Kim, being in the celebrity industry, knows that false rumors would pop up if they entered a police station.

"We thought it was just a coincidence that they all missed their flight; I don't think anything should be considered a coincidence right now." Woosung sighed, staring at his phone. "I heard that this Annabelle Lee works as a dance instructor at Beijing Dance Academy, so I think if we call the school and ask them about her, we'll find out if it's just a coincidence or not."

"Since none of us can speak Chinese," Manager Kim eyed Woosung and Min. "We were wondering if Amber could ask and translate for us."

"Me? I can understand, but I can't speak well. Ah, maybe I should ask Victoria. Hold on, let me get her." Without another word, she left the room. After a few minutes, she came back with f(x)'s leader, who was busy training.

As everyone greeted the young Chinese lady, Amber explained the situation to her. "Oh, that unnie that runs the cafe shop?"

"Yeah, so can you just ask the staff about her and how she was sent to Jeju?"

As Woosung called the main number of the dance academy, he handed the phone to Victoria. The phone rang a few times before someone on the other line answered. "Hello?" It was an older woman's voice that answered.

"Ah, is this Ms. Chen? It's Song Qian, do you remember me? I was your student a few year ago!"

"Song Qian? Of course I remember you; you were my star pupil! What can I do for you?"

"Do you happen to have a teacher who goes by the name Annabelle Lee? I have a few questions about her." Victoria motioned for Amber to give her a pen and paper so she could write down the things Ms. Chen was telling her. "Oh, no. As long as we have enough information about her. Thank you!"

As Victoria hung up and passed the phone back to Woosung, she stared at the group. "She said that Annabelle-sshi rarely talked about her personal life during school hours. She told me to call and ask her grandmother instead, so she gave me her number."

"Wow, she easily gave you the grandmother's number?" Min asked, completely surprised that she got all this information.

"Well, I was a student at the school before."

===

Miyoung's Corner:
Super apologies about the lack of updates! ;; BUT I ASSURE YOU GUYS THAT I WILL NOT ABANDON THIS FIC. I WILL FINISH UNITL THE END! ;u; This is a short update,  but I promise that I'll update tomorrow!