Chapter 9

Hotel Euthanasia

 

“That’s weird,” Woosung muttered to himself as he stared at his cell phone. It was the fifth day he tried to call Minjung, but once again, it immediately went to the answering machine. “Maybe she’s busy with that guy she told me about.” Not wanting to be worried, Woosung placed his phone back into his pocket before heading back into class.

As he took his seat after trying to maneuver through the huge crowd in the middle of the classroom, he shifted his gaze to the idol that was causing the commotion. ‘I guess she’s back.’ He thought to himself as he sighed. The quiet and peaceful classroom is becoming the loud and crowed class he hated.

Min was smiling to her fellow classmates, but her face obviously showed a worried expression. She knew Jiyeong tends to go missing once in a while, but whenever Min called, Jiyeong would answer. Min has been trying to reach Jiyeong, but just like Woosung, it would always be redirected to her answering machine. “Excuse me,” she said as she walked out of the classroom to call Jiyeong once more.

Once she was outside in a quiet atmosphere, Min pulled out her phone and dialed Jiyeong’s number. “Hey, this is Jiyeong’s phone. Sorry, but I can’t answer the phone right now. Call me back later. If this is Min, I’ll call you back as soon as I get this.” Min sighed once more as she stared at her phone. ‘I’ve been calling you for the past week, but you’ve never called me back. I hope you’re having a hell of a time.

 

“,” Junhong cursed as he winced from the pain that was inflicted to his body. “How long has it been since we’ve been here?” It had been a week since the group was taken as patients, but it seemed like years to them. “When the are we getting out?”

Minjung glared at the trays of food that were in front of them. “They give us food to eat so we can be strong, but they chain us to a ing pipe.” She scoffed as she kicked the tray, spilling all off its contents onto the floor. “I swear to god, when I get out of this place, I will kill him with my own hands.”

“Airi, are you okay?” Jiyeong asked the obviously sick Airi. She’s been noticing that Airi has been breathing heavily ever since her encounter with Jaehwan, but she always thought it was because he had gotten close to her. “Can you hear me?” Jiyeong asked once again when Airi wasn’t replying.

Airi felt dizzy and it was hard for her to focus on anything that was happening around her. She hasn’t taken her medicine for a week, causing her voice to be close to gone. What the others didn’t know was that there was another side-effect if Airi wasn’t taking her medicine. Airi would being to have fevers and chills, and if she wasn’t taken care of immediately, the result would lead to death.

“Jiyeong-sshi, don’t make her move.” Sooyeon spoke up. As she cleared and sat up, she continued. “I’ve read about her condition before. She needs to see a doctor,” she glanced at the closed door, “a real doctor.” She knew Airi would die if this was stretched any longer, but Sooyeon didn’t want to tell the others, afraid they would begin to overreact.

“Like we can get a real doctor in this situation,” Annabelle scoffed as she stared up at the small window. “At this rate she’ll die.” She knew what Sooyeon was hinting at and felt like it was ridiculous to keep everyone in the dark.

“What do you mean she’ll die?” Himchan asked as he sat up and stared at Annabelle. “You’re kidding right? What the hell do you mean she’s going to die?”

“Do you not see the condition she’s in? She’ll be the only one dying of natural causes at this rate.”

“Why don’t you shut the hell up?” Junhong scowled as he glared at Annabelle. “You’re not making the situation any ing better, alright?”

“I’m only saying what’s true.”

“If you weren’t a girl, I’d ing beat you to right now.”

“I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be able to do that regardless if I was a boy or not.”

“You guys,” Minjung spoke up with hostility in her voice. “Are you guys ing kidding me right now? Are you seriously having a fight? Annabelle, I don’t know you and I’m pretty damn sure I’d never be your friend, but you need to shut your damn mouth.”

“Excuse me?”

“I’ve had it with your damn , you know that? Only one dying of natural causes? If you’re so damn set on us being killed, why don’t you volunteer yourself first because I’m pretty damn ing sure I will stay alive.”

“Minjung, calm down.” Daehyun whispered to her in a low voice. It wasn’t that he was afraid another fight would ensue, he was afraid that the other two would hear them argue.

“No, I will not calm down. I’ve ing had it with this chick!” Minjung cursed and everyone knew if they weren’t bounded to that pipe, there would have been blood everywhere. "There's only one room for a princess and that's me." She muttered under her breath.

With his free hand, he placed it on top of Minjung and stared at her with pleading eyes. “Calm down, okay? It’s not going to help anyone if you start arguing.”

“Well, well, well,” said the recognizable voice from the door. Extra light had shunned inside the dimly lit room and everyone winced from the sudden change. “You all are very loud,” Jaehwan chuckled as he and Jiho walked down the stairs. “We were talking about things earlier, and we’ve come to the conclusion that we shall start the surgeries.”

Jaehwan walked back and forth with his arms behind his back as if he was contemplating a hard decision. “Even though it hurts me to see her go first,” he started. “Our first patient shall be the one and only Park Airi.”

“Shut the up,” Himchan growled as he tried to attack Jaehwan, but of course was unable to. “Don’t you lay a ing hand on her, you piece of .”

“Hyung, I think he wants to have a joint surgery with Airi!” Jiho replied with a twinkle in his eye. “Shall we go with his idea?”

Jaehwan stared at the two in amusement before walking up towards the door. “I’ll get another operating table ready. Get the two upstairs. Make sure there’s no struggle.”

Jiho quickly followed after Jaehwan, but stopped with Yongguk called out to him. “Do you really want to do this?” he asked.

Jiho turned his head and stared at Yongguk with a sad expression, but quickly changing it to a gleeful one. “Of course. I mean, we wouldn’t want Airi-sshi to be the only one dying of natural causes, correct?”

“They can hear us,” Sooyeon gasped as everyone’s gaze shifted to the obviously disturbed Annabelle. “Are you happy now?”

Before anything else could be said, another ball similar to the one in the hotel room was thrown in front of the group. “Is that,” Jiyeong started, but unlike the one that took a minute to work, this one immediately drew out smoke seconds after it hit the ground. This one was stronger than the one before as it knocked out everyone the moment the gas reached them.

 

“What the ?” Himchan muttered as he winced from the bright light that hit his eyes. As he got used to the light, he realized that his hands and feet were strapped onto a steel bed. He looked to his right only to see Airi lying unconscious. “Airi!” He called out.

“Poor thing can barely even think straight.” Jaehwan sighed as he pulled on the white latex gloves over his hands. “Who knew her medication played such a big part in her life.” Jaehwan walked up to her and brushed Airi’s bangs out of her face. “Such a pity to kill her. She was one of my favorite models, but she has to be taken out of her misery.”

“What the hell do you mean?”

“You don’t understand why I have brought you all here, do you?” Jaehwan sighed as he closed his eyes. “You all had such depressing childhoods, so in order to release you from your pain and suffering, I have to rid you from this world. Let’s take Airi for example: she was born into a loving family. Nothing could have been wished differently until her father changed. He was such a caring man, but the day he lost his job, he lost his sanity. Every single day he beat his wife and Airi. Every single day he would belittle the two. One day, his wife committed suicide because she was weak. What did that leave them with? Tell me, do you know why Airi is so afraid of men? Did you know that, that man, Airi’s father, forced himself onto her? If that was me, I wouldn't want to live on the same planet as him. You see, I’m only doing my job.”

“Only doing your job?” Himchan scoffed. “We didn’t give you any damn permission to do any of this . Did you get the okay from a real doctor? What about the government? Don’t you know this is illegal?”

“And that is why I pity the living. They only do what’s deemed as ‘right’ and ‘moral’ because they’re afraid of scheduling. It’s an odd word to use, but it fits perfectly in this situation. Everyone is born to die – some sooner than others. It’s quite amusing, actually. Everyone speaks of death like it’s their friend; no fear because they know it’ll happen eventually. They only become afraid when it happens to them. It’s ridiculous, to be honest. Why would you be so afraid of a little thing when you it’s going to happen in the future?”

“Haven’t you ever thought of what you would do if someone kidnaps you, holds you hostage, and then tells you that they’re going to kill you? What you’re saying does not relate to this situation.”

“So you’d rather have me kill you when you least expect it?” Jaehwan chuckled once more before eyeing the instruments needed for the procedure. “Isn’t that a little more masochist? You’re having fun with your friends and then bam, you’re suddenly killed. You don’t get any time to live your life.”

“What kind of sick meaning do you have of the word ‘masochist’? We don’t get anything time to live out life? I’m pretty damn sure we’re not able to live our life because you ing took us hostage.”

“I gave you time to live your life when I sent you that invitation. You guys chose to come onto this adventure. I only invited you all down here.” Jaehwan looked down at his wristwatch before calling Jiho inside the room. “Now if you can wait for your turn, it’s time to begin the operation.”

 

 


 

 

Author’s corner:
Okay, so I’d like to apologize for my delayed updates even though it’s summer. TToTT Like the last chapter, I had writer’s block while writing this. Basically this is a filler chapter until I am hit by a wave of amazing ideas, but until then, I guess you guys will have to deal with half-assed chapters. BUTTTTTT(tee hee), we are slowly getting to the death portions of this fic!~ Aha, I hoped you liked his update, and I will try to post another update soon!