The Complicated Feelings of Kim Yongsun

With This Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That” is the first thing that came to Yongsun’s mind when she woke up the morning after. After the two ‘friendly-but-not-so-friendly’ dates, Moon Byulyi, had turned her world upside down. Oh my, she never imagined this would happened and she would never entertain such thoughts, or at least doesn’t want to entertain them. Of course, there are ‘what-ifs’ about her feelings towards her friend but as soon as those thoughts appear in her mind, she would shut them down completely, thinking that the idea is absurd. But then again, she was only thinking about herself, haven’t she? She wasn’t even aware of how and when these things started to happen and didn’t know what her friend is thinking and (feeling) all this time... until recently!

She remembered that she didn’t have the chance to respond to any of the suggestions last night, she was at lost for any sensible reasoning, as a matter of fact. Anyone would exactly be in her shoes when confronted with such a tempting but at the same time a bit scary suggestions. Until Byul took pity on her and told her that she doesn’t need to answer right away, she can think over it and come back if she already knows what she wants.

What would she answer? What does she wants? For heaven’s sake, the normal answer of a good and sensible girl is “No”, right? A good girl should not involve herself in this kind of arrangement. And how uncool as it sound, all her life, Kim Yongsun is nothing but a good girl. Goodness, she didn’t think of rebelling when she was younger, why now?

But come to think of it, at her age now, she could pretty much do whatever she wanted to do and go a little off the track and it wouldn't be considered a rebellion, isn’t it? Most people would term it as “trying new things”. She’s even old enough to make her own decisions and stand by it. If she wanted to get another boyfriend, get married or switch teams, no one should call her out for it. She is her own woman now.

She moaned and covered her face with a pillow,  frustrated from all the things that’s going on in her head and yet haven’t arrived at anything. She suddenly felt embarrassed, when she recalled what she told the younger woman last night. She didn’t actually said NO, but she gave her an “I’ll think about it” answer. And this is actually what she needed to do, to think about it. Because if she would follow her impulse, she would have said yes at that moment and most probably jumped on the bed with her friend right away.

She have just realized after so much thought,  that she is irrevocably attracted to her Moonbyul. When the young woman said that she like her, it feels like all those months of denying herself the absolute fact that she felt something for her, had been unshackled. She felt liberated and anxious but excited.

But wait a minute, could she ask for a no- fling? Would that even be possible? She glance at the reflection in the mirror and saw that she is frowning on that thought. Yongsun blushed seeing her true desire manifesting right in front of her eyes. She face-palmed out of frustration and got out of bed.

Even though it’s the weekend, Yongsun still decided to go to the office and get some work done. She needed a moment of distraction and going to the office is exactly what she needs. She drew the line in working at home since the very beginning of her career. She can get drunk with all the files, reports, proposals in the office for 18 hours a day but working at home is always forbidden. Her home laptop is only use for Netflix and for social media. Work emails are not allowed.

Yongsun was in the middle of reviewing a proposal when her phone rang. With eyes still on the document, she answered the call without looking at the screen.

“Hello?”

“Yong?”

Her stomach tightened when hearing the voice of the person on the other line. Oh, my chikinini-bikini! It’s just her voice, and it already affected her like this. Earlier in the day, while contemplating with her complicated feelings,  she came into the conclusion of rejecting Byul’s proposal because their friendship is very important to her. But now, hearing her name rolled out from the younger woman’s lips,  all the butterflies in her stomach have flown in different directions. Yongsun just rolled her eyes in disbelief.

“Oh, Hi Byul!”

“Hey, I am on my way home from the university. Are you at home?”

“I’m in the office actually.”

“Hmmm, okay. Do you want to go grab dinner later?”

Yongsun glanced at the long list of To-Dos plastered on her screen. They are actually not that urgent and she doesn’t need to do them right away. But if she would not go out of the office soon, she will feel oblige to do them all and people will again tell her that she’s not getting enough rest. Tsk, here she go again, trying to find reasons to justify why she will say yes to the offer.

“Sure.”

“Where do you want to go?”

“Ahmmm...Can you accompany me to the mall? I wanted to get something. We can also have our dinner there, if you like.”

“You know that I can't say no to you Yong. Do you want me to pick you up? We can go there together in my car, and I will also bring you home later.”

“There’s no need. I brought my car, and I don’t want you to go out of your way at this time, the traffic is getting heavier by the minute. Is it okay if we just see each other in the mall?”

“All right. Then I will see you there. Drive safely Yong and don’t forget to wear your seatbelt. You always forgot to put them.” Moonbyul reminded her.

“Yes ma’am! And drive safely to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter