Proposal

With This Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was startled by what she heard. She was thinking that maybe she was hearing something else and not Moonbyul offering herself to be her ‘fling’. There was a long silence while both of them are somehow contemplating on the severity of what had happened minutes ago.

“Are you even serious Byul?” Yongsun asked after a while, not able to withstand the stretch.

Byul looked at her and nodded.

Yongsun was surprised to saw the certainty in the younger woman’s eyes. She was somehow thinking of the possibilities that what they have now or rather what the younger woman felt has been here for some time and she is so ing clueless about it. She wanted to scold herself for being so damn insensitive. All she could think  right now is how Byul must have felt and how she  struggles to hide it.

She like her, yes she does. But she don’t see her that way. Or at least not thinking about her  that way! Her mind instantly added.

“Byul, we can’t. You know that we can’t.” Yongsun calmly said.

“Give me three reasons Yong why we can’t” Moonbyul asked.

There was a long silence again… Moonbyul went back to her brewed coffee and remained calm and collected in front of Yongsun. But deep inside her, she was incredibly nervous and anxious. What if the older woman would accept her proposal? What if she rejected her? How would she react? What would she do? These are the questions that are running in Moonbyul’s mind at the moment.

“I’m so much older than you.” Yongsun answered back, after a while.

“Its just 6 years Yong. If I were 15 and your 21, then that would pose a problem. You can go to jail for corrupting a minor. We are already two consenting adults that independently run our own lives. This is not a valid reason for me. So, what’s the next reason?” Moonbyul retorted back with a smile.

Yongsun’s jaws dropped. She felt out-reasoned by the younger woman. But then again, she is not the type to back down from a challenge.

“Your brother and my sister are married to each other. Figuratively, we are already family Byul. And us, having a relationship, is considered to be .”  Yongsun responded again.

“They’ve be thrilled if we started dating Yong.  Minhyuk and Yonghee knows that I like you. I have been incessantly asking them about you. Your sister told me that you’re straight, and I know that, but I still wanted to try. Love knows no gender. This is what I always believe. Besides, I will not force you into anything Yong, you know that. I am just proposing. So, what’s the last reason?”

“I love being single.” Yongsun’s tone is challenging. “You have to be able to offer me something incredible to change my mind about being single.”

“Like incredible ?” Moonbyul asked.

The usual reaction of Yongsun is to laugh whenever she hears these innuendos, but the older woman didn’t laugh. Moonbyul’s stomach starting to clench with hope with the seriousness she saw in Yongsun’s face. The older woman looked like she was in a trance, mouth hanging open – thinking deeply and realizing that something has changed, or looking confused of what is happening right now. Moonbyul knows there is nothing alluring from the initial shock that she saw in her friend’s face, but she finds Kim Yongsun very attractive at the moment, seeing her vulnerable and kinda lost is doing something inside her – she felt a sense of pride, even more protective and more so in love!

“Pabo!”  Yongsun throw a punch on the younger girl’s arms and forced a laugh. Clearly feeling like a fish out of the water now, trying to cool down the rising temperature at the moment. The room suddenly felt hot, and oddly quite. Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter