The Fling

With This Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul found herself again on the way to Yongsun’s office after her class that day. It’s been two weeks since they last saw each other, and she misses her terribly. Talking over the phone every night doesn’t work anymore, she needs to see Kim Yongsun in the flesh.

“Hello Yong… are you still busy?” Moonbyul announced herself upon entering Yongsun’s office.

“Hello to you too Young Miss. Not anymore but I just need to send a quick email to one of my clients. After this, I’m all yours.” Yongsun answered cheekily and gave her a wink.

Moonbyul went to the couch and sat down. She was scrolling her phone to see the latest news, seemingly lost on what she was reading. She was dressed up in a button up plaid dress shirt, buttoning only half way, showing her black muscle tee. She paired it with black skinny jeans and the classic brown leather boots. She could be working in the fashion industry, instead of the university, Yongsun thought. For her, Moonbyul is an enigma.  The young woman came from a wealthy clan who has stellar reputations in the manufacturing industry but here she was, shying away from the limelight and decided to become a university professor. After a few minutes, Yongsun remove her gaze from her friend and continued her email.  All the while, while Yongsun was staring at Moonbyul, the young woman felt the gaze and pretended not to noticed. She looked up to look at the woman working behind the desk, admiring the beauty in front of her. Its already 6 o’clock and Yongsun still looks immaculate…Like she had just arrived in the office, fresh and beautiful. But then again, even if Kim Yongsun wears house clothes, she will still look beautiful to her, Moonbyul mused.

After a short while, Yongsun turned off her computer and while putting things away, she turned towards Moonbyul and ask why she’s here.

“I would like for you to eat with me tonight. Would that be okay?” Moonbyul answered.

“Where?” Yongsun asked again.

“There is a new Japanese restaurant downtown and I am craving for a ramen. Would you like to eat ramen nagi with me?”

Yongsun nodded excitedly and then hasten up her actions. She hurriedly stow away her laptop in the compartment under her desk and grab her bag from the chair. She then took a quick steps towards the couch and pulled Moonbyul up by her hand, interlocking their fingers in the process, and hurriedly marched towards the door dragging the young woman along. Moonbyul let out a small laugh seeing the antics of the older woman… she can only shake her head on how silly the older woman is after seeing Yongsun almost hitting the flower vase while walking out.

While driving to the restaurant, Moonbyul have realized that the ‘moment’ they had awhile back, is long gone from the mind of Kim Yongsun and she’s back again in the ‘friendzone’. Of course, she doesn’t want that, but she is not the one to complain, she would have Yongsun in her life in whichever form. She thought that she just needs to work more on making the older woman see her as someone other than a friend.

Inside Moonbyul’s car, the two women exchanged stories about their work, about their families, new things that happened in the past weeks, and some anecdotes involving their colleagues and employees. While being so open about the general topics, both of them have stayed away from sharing personal things. They have both gone into casual dates after their valentine’s day date. For Yongsun, she wanted to take her mind off from the tingling feeling she felt towards the younger woman on that date. Her mind refused to accept that she sees her friend in a new light and she just can’t wrap her mind yet into the idea. For Moonbyul, she was bored and frustrated. She thought that what happened in the date will create a much bigger spark in their seemingly platonic relationship, but Yongsun have avoided talking about that night on all their late night phone calls. She was disheartened for a while, but she doesn’t want to give up. She is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter