The Compromise

With This Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul wanted to curse loudly after hearing what Yongsun said. She can’t believe what just happened back there. The older woman treated Amy as if that woman hadn’t destroyed her relationship. And Yongsun showed genuine concern for the well-being of the pregnant woman.

“Hey, come on. Stop thinking about it. I’m really okay. It’s all in the past. And I am genuinely happy to know that they have been happy as well.” Yongsun gave Byul a tender smile.

Byul reached out to hold her hand and continued to walk towards the exit. “You’re going to explain what happened to me. I want to understand Yong.” She glance at the other woman, making sure that she understands her request.

Yongsun blew some air and told Byul to find somewhere where they could sit.

“Eric was my classmate and my boyfriend while I was studying in Harvard. We were there to support each other; you can say that two Koreans being in a foreign land makes absolute sense because we gave each other a sense of familiarity.  When we graduated, we came back here to work and in the middle of establishing our individual careers, we lost ourselves and we kind of forget about our relationship.”

“I guess it’s my fault.” Yongsun said after a brief silence.

“Did he tell you that?” Moonbyul felt pissed after hearing what Yongsun said.

“No! No. I just thought of it because Eric is really a good person.” Yongsun responded to calm down the younger woman.

“Well, I don’t know if he is good person, when he cheated on you.” Moonbyul said in disbelief.

“Oh goodness, please believe me Byul.  I would say that in my 3 serious relationships, he was the better person among the three.” Yongsun laughed.

Moonbyul frowned. “What kind of people have you been dating that the cheater is the most decent one?”

Yongsun was amused looking at Moonbyul getting pissed with her exes and continued talking.

“I had my first boyfriend when I was still in high school. He cheated on me too. But unlike Eric, he blamed me for his cheating. Because I was too pre-occupied with my studies and according to him, I didn’t gave him enough attention. Can you believe that? But I have realized after the break-up that the reason for his cheating was the fact that I didn’t gave in when he ask for . That is why I caught him in bed with another girl one time that I visited his house.”

“Aww, . I’m so sorry Yong.”

“I was shock learning that he blamed me for what he did.” Yongsun recalled nonchalantly.

“He’s an !” Moonbyul angrily blurted out.

“Hahaha. I know, I know. Calm down, will you?” Yongsun gently held Moonbyul’s cheek giving her an appreciative smile.

“Then it was Eric. At least he had the decency to tell me right after it happened and to apologize. He took responsibility for his mistakes, and he gave me the right to end the relationship, for my pride. But even before that happened, I felt it already you know.  Several times when I visited Eric in his office, I felt out of place whenever he and Amy were together. I would be blind if I didn’t saw that they have feelings for each other, so I broke up with Eric and gave them my blessing. I even attended their wedding, and it was beautiful. You can really feel how much they love each other.”

Moonbyul remained silent and just listened. She can see that there is no bitterness in the way the older woman narrated her failed relationship with Eric, and she knows that Yongsun is not hurt anymore by that past events.

“And your third ex?”

“Ah that. I don’t know what got into me why I said yes to him. He is the most insecure person that I unfortunately happen to meet.  He gets jealous easily. He is jealous with every person I am with, even my clients.  He message me every minute and if I don’t respond right away, he come to the office or go to my house. At first, I find it sweet because he is overly concern about me at he wanted to be with me all the time but as the months roll by, he’s getting creepier. One time, he attacked one client because he saw him in my office and the client was just there because we had a meeting.”

“He is a crazy bastard Yong. How on earth did you managed to find these guys? I mean, no one will believe that a beautiful and successful woman like you went through all those unfortunate events in the past.”

“I think so as well,  I just realized it too late. He even told me to quit my job because he can very well provide for me. And he broke up with me because I told him that I won’t do what he wants.”

“And why did he broke up with you? Because he can’t make you follow?” Moonbyul asks curiously.

“Yes. He told me that I am stubborn at being with me is an insult to his manhood. Because I throw my independence in his face, and I let him feel that I don’t need him.”  Yongsun grinned.

“In one of our dates, we had a flat tire. He wanted to call someone to help us fix the wheel,  but I stop him because I know how to change flat tires. So, I changed the wheel while he was watching. He got angry with me after that and called me a ‘tomboy’ because I simply change the tire.” Yongsun added while laughing. Amusement is very evident.

“He called you that just because you were able to change the tire?”

Yongsun grinned at her, obviously pleased at the younger woman’s outrage. “Well, I earn more than him and I don’t need him whenever I have a flat tire. His manhood was severely damaged. Hahaha!”

“I like being independent, sure. But if you will look at my failed relationships closely, there is a pattern there. It was always me being independent and not needing them to take care of me. My priority is my job, and my relationship always comes last.” Yongsun sighed.

“No, what happened in the past is not your fault Yong. Your first boyfriend is a prick. Seeking attention is not a valid reason to cheat. Eric? He is still an , no matter how he was apologetic for cheating on you. He had the chance of doing things right with you, but he was too way of a coward to be honourable. And your th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter