RISING ACTION — 5

Denouement

December 2022 — 16:42

"Sino su— " napatigil sa pagsasalita si Yeonjun dahil sa phone na nagriring. 

"Excuse me. I have to take this," sabay na sabi ng kambal at umalis sa mga inuupuan nila. They walked away in different directions as they put their phones on their ears. Out of all of them, Karina and Minju know best. The two are getting called to the Camp. To report, and maybe they'll get deployed earlier. 

"Who do you think called them?" Mark asked. 

"Dunno. Probably work." Haechan answered. Karina stood up and walked to her best friend.

"We're barely rested! Tangina wala pang one week! Some of my troops are with their family, taking their much needed rest!" Sigaw ni Winter. The latter is a good Captain. She always fights for her team. She wants the team to rest and made more memories with their family. 

"Don't tell me what to do! They are my subordinates and I owe them this!"

"You ing old man." Madiing sabi ni Winter bago ibaba ang tawag. She threw her phone across the room and yelled in frustration. Lumapit si Karina at yinakap si Winter.

"Everything is going to be okay." Winter relaxed on her touch. It is so amazing how Karina can calm her down so quickly, without even trying. 

"I gotta go, Rina." Bulong ni Winter. She kissed Karina's temple and left to say goodbye. The taller girl followed closely and stood behind her.

"That was work. I am to be dispatched to the war," Winter announced. The others' expressions darkened. They hate to see her go.

"Be careful, Ate Winter," Yujin said and stood up to hug the girl. They all did. 

"Winter come! The chopper is landing in 3." Winter looked back to her best friend and smiled. 

"I'll see you soon again, Rina. I promise," they hugged for one last time.

"Can I know who you would have called?" The taller girl asked. Hindi sumagot si Winter, she just smiled.

"Yunjin, walk me out?" Susunod sana si Karina pero hinawakan ni Yeonjun ang kamay nya.

"Stay here, babe. Maingay yung helicopter. Baka masira pa yung ears mo," he said and hugged her girlfriend. Nagpumiglas si Karina sa yakap ni Yeonjun. She wants to see Winter out. To be there until the younger girl is out of her sight.

"Tol, bitaw. Mas nauna sayo si Winter." Sabi ni Jaemin at hinawakan ang balikat ni Yeonjun. The latter broke the hug and let his girlfriend run away, chasing her supposedly best friend. Yeonjun was confused. Nauna ba saan si Winter?

"WIN—" She stopped and tilted her head to a side. She saw Winter handing Yunjin something. They even hugged before the helicopter took off. Karina crossed her arms as she wait for Yunjin to walk toward her. Papunta rin naman sakanya ang pinto papasok sa bahay.

"Ano yung binigay nya sayo?" Tanong ni Karina. Napatigil si Yunjin sa harap nya.

"Something that you cannot see. And you wouldn't." She said. Papasok na sana sya sa pinto ng beach house pero hinawakan ni Karina ang elbow nya. Yunjin creased her forehead. 

"What the are you doing?" She asked. Karina chuckled bitterly. She didn't try to hide how bitter she is. Winter always leaves her without giving her anything, pero why would she leave something for a girl she met a few days ago?  Ano bang mayroon kay Yunjin na wala sya?

"Ibigay mo sakin yung binigay nya sayo." Yunjin shook her arm off para maalis sa pagkakahawak ni Karina. Namumula na ang braso nya, and she is so done.

"You are acting like a ing loser, Karina! Para kang teenager na sobrang toxic na jowa." Tumigil si Yunjin sa pagsasalita at tumingin sa dalampasigan.

"Winter is not yours, Karina. Wake up." 

Karina felt like waking up from a nightmare. Breathes heavy and fast. Yunjin's words kept replaying like a broken record.

Winter is not yours, Karina. Wake up.

Winter is not yours, Karina. Wake up.

Winter is not yours, Karina. Wake up.

Winter is her best friend, but she was never hers. It was a friendship thing. A pact. She has a boyfriend inside, and here she is, chasing after her best friend. She ed up. 

Karina stood there, staring at the calm water. She did not notice Yunjin getting inside the house.

She stood there for another ten minutes before sighing. She gotta do what she needs to. Karina entered the house with a heavy heart.

She stopped in front of her boyfriend and stared into his eyes.

"Let's break up." The others gasped, even Yunjin. 

"What? Why baby? Is this about the helicopter thingy? I am so sorry about that!" Karina scoffed. 

"Do you really think I am that mababaw?" Yangyang snorted to hide his chuckles. Ang hirap kasi seryosohin ni Karina lalo na kapag conyo. 

"Of course not, babe! Come on! Is this a hidden camera?" Tanong ni Yeonjun. He looks side by side before chuckling. But Karina only stared deeper into him.

"Then why are you calling this off?"

"Because I realized I am not that stupid to watch the love of my life love someone else.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team Yunjin na ata ako mga beh :3