EXPOSITION — 2

Denouement

April 2012 — 23:09

"Rina, get upppp! Malapit na mag-twelve!" Winter said excitedly and shook the older girl's shoulders. 

"Ano naman kung malaapit na mag-midnight? Let me sleep, Win," Karina groaned and threw a pillow at Winter. The latter grimaced and sighed. Karina is turning 18, the legal age. She's here to celebrate with her best friend. Winter looked at her watch and smiled. She closed her eyes and put her hands together.

"11:11 make Rina's dreams come true," she whispered. It's like a tradition.She always wished for her best friend's happiness. Bago lamang sa industriya si Karina, pero sobrang dami na nya agad naging fans. Hindi rin naman mawawala ang mga bashers na muntik na awayin ni Winter kung hindi lang sya napigilan ng mas nakakatanda. 

"Ang ingay mo!" Karina said and sat straight on her bed. She glared at the younger girl and started hitting her with a pillow.

"PILLOWFIGHT!!" Sigaw ni WInter at pinalo pabalik si Karina. After a few hits, they started laughing together. 

"Girls! Marami ng tulog, keep it down." Karina's mother scolded. The birthday girl smorted and rolled her eyes playfully before standing up and running towards her mother. Pinalo nya ang ina nang dalawang beses at ngumti nang nakakaasar.

"Come on Mommy! Play with us," Winter chuckled at tumakbo na rin papunta sa may pinto para hilahin ang nanay ni Karina.

"Let go of me! Isa ha! Karina stop!" Natatawang sabi ng nanay nya at iniharang ang kamay sa katawan para hindi matamaan ng unan. Wala na ring nagawa ang mommy ni Karina kung hindi ang sumali sa pillow fight ng kanyang anak at ng best friend nito. 

"Stop, stop stop! Pagod na ako," hinihingal na sabi ni Karina at humiga sa kama nya. Winter looks at her with a small smile. 

"Took you long enough," bulong ni Winter. Nagpaalam na sakanila ang Mommy ni Karina at umalis. Winter snuggled close to Karina as she put her hands on the older girl's waist. 

"Don't hug me, Winter. Ang baho ko na," the younger girl scoffed and moved closer. 

"You still smell like my superstar, Rina." Bulong ni WInter at pumikit. Humarap sakanya si Karina at tinitigan ang mukha nya. The older girl is sporting a grin on her face. 

"Win; thank you for making my day extra special," Winter opened her right eye and raised a brow.

"I haven't done anything special, drama queen. Nakahiga nga lang ako oh," natatawang sabi ni Winter. Karina shakes her head in protest.

"Your mere presence is special enough. Let's do this for every birthday and occasion, yes?" Karina asked and raised her pinky.

Now, Winter does not make promises; she acts. But at that moment, she couldn't think of anything but to promise Karina a lifetime of her. 

They fell asleep and woke up because of the noise downstairs. 

"Win, wake up! Nandito na sila Jaemin. Come on!" Sabi ni Karina at tumalon-talon sa kama.

"Aren't you a little old to jump on the bed?" WInter asked, a pillow against her face. She hates mornings to their core. 

"Hey, nobody is that old to enjoy life!"

"Whatever you say, Einstein." Napairap na lamang si Karina. Tumalon sya pababa ng kama at sinuot ang robe nya. Hinila nya patayo si Winter at tinulak papunta sa bathroom.

"Rinaaa, I'm still sleepy!" The younger whined and put weight on her body to stop the older from pushing her farther.

"Don't be such a baby, . Akala ko ba you grew up in a military household ha?" Pagsusungit ni Karina at binuksan ang faucet ng sink nya. Itinulak nya naang maarahan ang mukha ni WInter papunta sa faucet at tumawa.

"Rina naman! I can do it myself!" Winter screamed and pushed her away. 

"Hand me the towel." Utos ni Winter na sinunod naman ni Karina.

"Party at six in the evening. May mga press na pupunta, will you be commfortable?" Karina asked as Winter wiped her face dry.

"I'll be there, Karina." Sagot ni Winter at ngumiti. It's not about her. It's about Karina. Even if she's not that comfortable because of the press, she'll still go and spend the day with her best friend. 

Karina hugged the shorter girl tightly.

"Any woman or man will be lucky to have you as their partner, Winter." 

Maybe it is the tiredness that kicks in, but Winter felt hurt and numb at the same time.

"So will yours, Rina. Tara na. Sobrang mainipin pa naman nila Haechan," Winter held Karinaa's hand and led her outside the bathroom. They walked and got out of the room hand in hand. 

"Finally! Akala naman namin magsosolo na kayo!" Yangyang exclaimed at lumapit sa dalawa. 

"Winter is such a pain in the ," natatawang sabi ni Karina at pinisil ang kamay ng kanyang kaibigan. Winter scoffed and sat beside Heejin and Hyunjin.

"Not my fault na napuyat ako kagabi," sabi nito at umirap.

"Where's Yujin and Liz?" Karina asked and looked around.

"Mamaya pa raw sila. May sleepover ata sila kahapon." Sagot ni Hyunjin. Karina shrugged. 

"Happy birthday, bestie!" Sigaw ni Jaemin at niyakap si Karina. Nagsunod-sunod naman sila ng pagbati at lumapit para yakapin sang birthday girl.

Winter watched with a warm smile. She's happy that she found people that care for Karina and her.