My Pace

Destined Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Pace

The loud clonk of Jeongin’s phone made Jisung snap out of it and look at Minho with a confused expression. The weirdo smiled and suddenly he resembled a cute cat in Jisung’s eyes. He quickly shook his head to get the image out of his mind.

“Why are you like this?”, Jisung asked the weirdo, “Can’t you be normal for once?”

Minho pouted, then smiled and admitted bluntly.

“I am normal… I just wanted to say it.”, he let him know.

Jisung blinked his eyes rapidly as he was caught off guard. This Lee Know Minho whatever dude was definitely not normal. The youngest picked up his phone from the ground, while Felix sulked because of his bowl and the wasted dough in it.

“Okay… whatever…”, Jisung said and got up from the couch.

He told the other two that he would be in his room, working on his latest piece and they should not disturb him, unless Changbin and Bangchan came back with the delivery food. Jeongin and Felix nodded obediently, while Minho knit his brows. The skilled producer walked into his room and shut the door behind him. He needed a break from the weirdo.

“Lix, do you need help?”, Minho asked the younger one and did not wait for a response either.

He approached him right away and glanced over his shoulder. The freckled baker looked at him with big eyes and shook his head as he needed no help. Minho turned away and sat on the couch to start the clip that Jisung wanted to watch originally. He sighed and leaned back on the black leather couch with an annoyed expression. Jeongin got up and went upstairs into his room as he wanted to play games without getting interrupted much. Seungmin was done taking a shower. He had put on fresh clothes and went downstairs. He noticed that there was an awkward silence in the living room. The gloomy aura radiated from Minho like crazy and he could sense it and even depict a perfect image of it. Felix prepared new dough for the cookies he wanted to bake, and since Seungmin enjoyed baking with the deep voiced angel, he asked if he could join him. Felix nodded with a bright smile. Minho turned around to look at them with a disappointed face. The freckled baker had declined his offer of help earlier. Felix smiled at him apologetic, and Minho could not stay mad at him at all. He then focused on the TV again.

Changbin and Bangchan still stood outside and waited for the delivery. There was no awkward silence between them. The buffed producer and the dimpled kangaroo got along well and had a lot to tell each other. Changbin was quite a fast talker, while Bangchan was a great listener.

“So, Han is anxious and that’s why you agreed to move in together with him?”, the leader asked and nodded understandingly, “That’s admirable. He’s got a great friend in you.”

Changbin was surprised to hear Bangchan call Jisung by his neat nickname. His friend would definitely like it.

“I’m not his best friend for no reason.”, Changbin answered with a chuckle and adjusted his cap, “Bro, where have you ordered the food from? Australia?”

Bangchan laughed to his small joke and checked his phone. Indeed, it had been quite a while since he had called and ordered the food, which he had been forced to buy for his friends thanks to Hyunjin. The dimpled kangaroo sulked and called the restaurant he had ordered from. They told him on the phone that it would take another ten minutes as the delivery guy was stuck in traffic due to an accident. Bangchan responded understandingly and said that they should not rush and just be careful. He was indeed a very thoughtful person. Changbin had listened to the calm conversation, and he really admired and envied the leader for his attitude. Yeah, Bangchan acted all cutesy around all the others, but he could be very mature if he needed to be.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”, Changbin asked him out of the blue.

The dimpled kangaroo blew his cheeks and shook his head with a slightly blushed face. Then he giggled and wanted to know why he had asked him about it. Changbin told him that it was just a feeling he had about him.

“Haha! Thanks, I guess?”, Bangchan thanked him and added with a chuckle, “I don’t really have time for a relationship… I’m too busy.”

Changbin nodded to his words and was curious about the other guys, especially about the deep voiced angel. But he could not ask straight for that. Therefore, he went with a different question.

“Has Lee Know always been that… uhm… different?”, he asked, trying to phrase it as polite as possible as he did not want to stir up bad blood with Minho by calling him weird.

Bangchan laughed hilariously. He needed a few minutes to calm down as he was amused by Changbin’s words. When he finally caught himself, he told his new friend that Minho mostly acted instinctively. He would not mean to be rude or hurt anyone on purpose, rather he was like an innocent child that would simply say what is on his mind without thinking about the consequences of it.

“Just observe him and you’ll quickly realize that he is constantly in his own world and thinking logically. Actually, he’s not that difficult to understand, he’s just a little bit random and… Okay, no… he’s different. Haha!”, Bangchan said with another laughter and added with a bright smile, “He looks scary but is actually very sweet, he just doesn’t show it that much… Or he’s sweet but can be scary too…”

“I see, he’s confusing. I’ll observe him…”, Changbin said and nodded, “I guess Lee Know is single…”

Bangchan laughed again and nodded. The buffed producer did not mean to be rude about it, but it seemed like Minho would not be the person to fall in love easily or open up about his feelings, or show any of it, that is why he had assumed it and was apparently right.

“How about… the other Australian?”, Changbin finally forced himself to ask about the sunshine.

“Oh Felix? He’s not single.”, Bangchan answered right away, although the buffed producer had not directly asked about his relationship.

The dimpled kangaroo had just noticed that Changbin had some sort of interest in his best friend.

“R- Really?”, Changbin asked with a perfect poker face, yet his voice made it obvious that he was disappointed to hear it.

Bangchan clenched the corners of his lips and nodded, while the other one joined his nods and lowered his glance. Changbin put his hands in his pockets and remained silent.

“He’s dating Hyunjin.”, Bangchan told him without hesitation, “Or at least that’s what they told us about themselves… but we’ve never seen them kiss or… you know… do other intimate things. But they sure have couple rings, hang out often together and play Among Us or other games. They are very giggly and cuddly with each other too.”

Changbin’s eyes widened. He blushed to the information. Those two had caught his interest the most, and out of all the guys in the mansion, those two were the ones dating?! He was indeed unlucky.

“I see…”, he answered and was in no more mood to ask about Jeongin and Seungmin, although he wanted to know about them too.

Bangchan smiled, totally not going to ask about anything further or about his feelings, which seem to be hurt. He did not want to invade his privacy or bother him about it.

“Can I tell you something though?”, the dimpled kangaroo tore him out of his thoughts and waited for a response, which was a light nod and a soft smile, then he continued, “There’s actually someone I like in that mansion… but I can’t tell him yet. I don’t want to rush it… Sometimes, it’s better to take things slow.”

Changbin’s jaw dropped for a second, then he crossed his arms and tilted his head. He wondered if Bangchan knew about his interest in Felix and was hinting him to take it slow, or if it was just a coincidence that he talked like that all out of the blue. But he was also curious now about which of these guys could be the one that the dimpled kangaroo liked. Bangchan had a good relationship to all the roommates, and he treated everyone the same. At least that is what Changbin had observed so far.

“May I ask… who it is… or is it too weird to tell me, since we barely know each other…?”, he asked considering the feelings of the leader and he did not want to seem too nosy, although he really was curious about it.

Bangchan giggled and hid his face in his palms. He had blushed and felt very embarrassed and shy about it. The mature leader was gone.

“Okay…”, Changbin said and chuckled, “I’ll figure it out eventually…”

He chuckled and noticed that Bangchan nodded to his words, still with his face covered. Then finally the delivery arrived. The two opened the gate and took the five plastic bags that were filled with all the food and drinks. Bangchan sighed as he opened his wallet and counted his money. Changbin laughed and patted his back thankfully. The delivery guy bowed, and the dimpled kangaroo took a bow too. He was very well-mannered.

Inside the mansion, Felix and Seungmin had succeeded in forming the cookies and put the baking tray in the stove with bright grins on their faces and a happy and satisfied mind. Hyunjin was done with his shower and had put on a lot of lotion and left the bathroom. He was fully clothed in comfortable pants and a wide pullover. He briefly glanced at Minho who still sat on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter