District 9

Destined Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

District 9

Changbin woke up to an alarm that was way too loud and could be heard in the entire building. It was not his, that was for sure. It came from the room next door, which belonged to Hyunjin. The buffed producer stretched his arms and turned around in his bed. He blinked his eyes open slowly and sighed to the annoying sound of the alarm. He grabbed his phone and checked the time. It was 8 a.m. already, but since he had gone to bed too late last night, he needed to sleep in like this and he believed that his best friend Jisung was not affected by the alarm at all and was probably still fast asleep. Changbin sat up slowly. He took his time as he was in no rush. He put aside his phone, yawned all tired and then finally got up. He grabbed his towel and left his room with heavy steps. As soon as he stepped in the living room, he came across Jeongin and Seungmin who were already awake and just chilling on the couch. They both turned around and looked at their new roommate. Changbin wore a sleeveless shirt, and his arms were seriously big as he loved to work out.

“Wow!”, he suddenly heard Bangchan’s voice.

The dimpled kangaroo approached him and patted his arms in total amazement. His hair was curlier than ever. Minho turned around and looked at him too. He smirked as he was excited about the strong posture of Changbin. The weirdo stood in the kitchen and prepared meal for those who had missed breakfast. The alarm of the beauty was finally turned off too and Hyunjin left his room with a mask on his face. His hair was tied to a manbun, and he looked hot like crazy. Changbin turned his head and saw him walk past him.

“Are you working out?”, Bangchan tore him out of his thoughts and squeezed his biceps, “Damn, we should work out together!”

Changbin was a little overrun by the reaction of the leader, but he nodded silently. Then he saw how Hyunjin entered the bathroom and locked the door.

“Yah! I wanted to take a bath!”, Changbin shouted and grabbed the doorknob, “Open up! Yah!”

Minho chuckled and told Bangchan to show his roommate the bathroom schedule. The dimpled kangaroo grinned brightly and pointed to the piece of paper that was pinned on the bathroom door. Changbin lifted a single brow and looked at it. Indeed, it was Hyunjin’s time to have the room to all himself. Changbin’s and Jisung’s names were added last night by the leader to the list. They were allowed to enter the bathroom one after another, and the buffed roommate’s turn was listed even before Jisung. Changbin frowned at the others because he had not known about this. He would have slept longer instead of waking up for nothing.

“Do you like fried chicken?”, Minho asked him from the kitchen area and was concentrated on flipping the nuggets with a pair of kitchen tongs.

Changbin briefly glanced at him and nodded. Then he asked if Jisung was awake already, but the others shook their heads. Of course, his best friend was not up yet. Changbin excused himself and walked back to his room. Right when he wanted to enter it, he heard the deep voiced angel. He turned around and watched Felix rush down the stairs with the brightest smile ever.

“Guys! Guys! Guys!”, he shrieked and had a voice crack in between, “You won’t believe what just happened!”

Bangchan walked back to the kitchen area to help his friend with the meal. Felix ran up to the couch and jumped in between of Jeongin and Seungmin. He put his arms around their shoulders and pulled them closer to show them a coupon in his hand. Changbin was curious, so he approached them and looked over their shoulders.

“I won!”, Felix informed his friends and made some weird noises and added, “We can all go bowling for free!”

“What?! No paying? I DON’T HAVE TO PAY THIS TIME?”, Bangchan asked from the kitchen counter and cut some organic vegetables to prepare a healthy salad.

Changbin looked from the coupon to the leader. They were all so excited to get a free coupon as if they were too poor to pay a night out. Felix turned around on the couch and noticed Changbin standing behind them. Their eyes met and the buffed producer took a step back. Felix had a mesmerizing beauty to himself, which made Changbin feel weirdly affected. He shook his head and turned away.

“Let’s go tonight!”, the deep voiced angel suggested and clapped his hands all excited.

Changbin still struggled to believe that this voice came out of this fluffy-bubbly guy, but in a strange way it suited him too well. Bangchan showed a thumbs up to the others. Jeongin, the youngest in the round, got up from the black leather couch and slid open the glass door of the terrace that led to the pool. It was a warm weather and he wanted to freshen the air a little bit. Felix walked to the kitchen area and asked if he could help the others and Minho told him to set up the table. The deep voiced angel had already eaten breakfast, but for fried chicken there was always place in his stomach. Seungmin grabbed a book and started to read it. Changbin observed them for some minutes and came to the conclusion, that they really seemed like a family, and he wanted to fit in well. He walked to the kitchen area and offered help too, but he was shushed away by the weirdo.

“Lix and Channie are helping me already…”, Minho told him and pointed to the TV, “Just watch some TV or something. Go away.”

Changbin shrugged and walked to the couch. He sat next to Seungmin and instead of turning on the TV, he watched Jeongin who played with the water of the pool. The baby bread was cute indeed.

Finally, Jisung woke up too and tousled through his hair. He yawned and took a glance at his phone first. He pushed himself up from the sheets and yawned again. He was tired, but he knew that he needed to get up now and be social. Or at least, make it seem like he was awake and then return to his room to continue sleeping. He put on an oversized yellow shirt and left his room with slow steps. As soon as he stepped in the living room, he was greeted by the leader with a shrill ‘Good Morning, Sunshine!’ which startled Jisung. Changbin waved at him briefly. Minho looked at him too and for a second, he lost his focus.

“Yah! Lee Know!”, Bangchan made him focus again and grabbed the frying pan.

Minho apologized with a confused expression. Jisung’s bareface after waking up had taken away his breath. He liked what he saw.

“You alright, bro?”, the leader asked him and patted his back.

The weirdo smiled awkwardly and nodded. He made Bangchan let go of the frying pan and go back to preparing the salad. Felix was done with setting up the table, so he rushed to the dimpled kangaroo and helped him with cutting the vegetables. Jisung walked to the bathroom door and as he tried to open it and automatically made a step forward, he bumped into it and stumbled backwards.

“Aish… who’s in there?”, he asked and caressed his forehead.

Then he noticed the bathroom schedule and pouted to the listing. It was Hyunjin’s turn and who knew how long he needed to get ready. The squirrel knocked on the door and told the beauty to hurry up. Then Jisung walked to the kitchen area and stood still in front of the leader.

“Hey, is it okay, if Changbin uses the bathroom upstairs?”, he asked and watched the dimpled kangaroo mix the ingredients.

Bangchan looked up and turned his head to Minho. The weirdo turned off the gas and was done with the chickens. He placed them on a plate and walked to his friend and Felix. He avoided looking at Jisung, who had messy hair and a puffy face since he had woken up just minutes ago.

“The bathroom upstairs belongs to the ones who live in the rooms upstairs, and Lee Know is in charge of the rules upstairs.”, Bangchan told him and pointed with the sticks in his hand to his friend, “Also… why asking for Binnie? You could take a bath yourself upstairs.”

Felix nodded to the words of the dimpled kangaroo. Jisung shook his head and told them that he hated the glass floor and was afraid of heights. Minho suddenly looked at him. He was surprised to hear that from the messy haired new roommate. He thought that he was the only one having struggles with heights. Jisung felt his stare and reflexively looked at him. Their eyes locked some seconds and Felix and Bangchan sensed some different atmosphere among them building up slowly. The deep voiced angel suddenly giggled, and the leader cleared his throat.

“No, you can’t use our bathroom. Yours is downstairs and you should figure out using it among yourselfs.”, Minho answered with a cold expression.

It was clear that he had given it no thought, but this was logical to him. Jisung quickly blinked his eyes and glanced at the bowl of salad that Bangchan had prepared. He wanted to change the topic right away and escape a conversation that could occur between him and Minho.

“Wow… yummy…”, he stuttered, yet still he could feel the stare of the weirdo.

Minho still looked at him. His eyes could tell a whole story, that’s how deep his glance was. Changbin watched them from the couch and suddenly smirked all amused. He could tell right away that the weirdo had some likings towards his best friend, but for now he kept it to himself and would only watch where this could be going. Bangchan stabbed Minho’s side and made him snap out of it. The weirdo smiled and grabbed the plate with the fried chickens. He walked to the table and placed it in the center. Bangchan asked Felix to put the bowl of salad next to it. The smiley-face did as he was told and told the others to join them if they were hungry. Changbin immediately jumped up and walked to the table. He took place on an empty chair and was surprised when Felix sat right next to him. He grinned and made weird noises again, which were totally unique. Jeongin walked back inside and took place to Felix’s left. Seungmin put aside his book and sat right next to the baby bread. Bangchan took place across Changbin. There was no more space next to the buffed guy, so Jisung sat next to the dimpled kangaroo, across Felix. Minho gulped and hesitated first but then he took place right next to Jisung, although he could have left a space for Hyunjin. Changbin clenched his lips and held back his chuckle. Jisung looked at him wordlessly.

“Let’s eat well!”, Minho said, and everyone grabbed some salad and fried chickens.

“Woah! It’s so tasty!”, Felix was mesmerized and smacked his lips in joy.

Just as they ate together, Hyunjin finally left the bathroom. He was fully clothed already, and his slightly wet hair were wrapped in a white towel. He smiled as soon as he spotted the food. He rushed to the table with cute steps and took place next to the weirdo.

“We are going bowling tonight!”, Bangchan informed him right away, “You wanna tag a long?”

Hyunjin nodded and started to eat. The dimpled kangaroo and the beauty enjoyed bowling, as they were good in it, but Jeongin seemed not so confident about it and Seungmin was not showing any interest yet, but he would join anyway. Felix was all hyped about it. Changbin could not wait for the night. He was an ace in it and his best friend was good too, not anywhere close to his skills, but still okay. Minho remained silent.

“Could you pass me the 3Racha sauce, please?”, he asked and pointed to Changbin.

The buffed producer looked up from his food for a second, swallowed and handed him the bottle of hot sauce. Hyunjin grabbed the bottle before Minho could and their eyes met instantly. He immediately let go, when the excellent cook looked at him with a menacing expression and took the bottle away from him.

“How long would it take to cook you in the air fryer?”, Minho asked with a threatening expression.

Jisung leaned back on his chair and observed the two in total confusion. Changbin was also clueless about the threat of the weirdo. Minho became stranger with his actions, day by day. Felix pursed his lips and just watched Hyunjin being scolded again. The beauty liked to tease Minho. Jeongin lowered his brows in worry, while Seungmin laughed.

“You haven’t fed him tissues in a while, have you?”, he asked in his laughter.

“T- Tissues?”, Jisung stuttered in an attempt to repeat Seungmin’s words.

Hyunjin jumped up from his chair and left the table. Minho just watched him with an evil glare. Bangchan lifted both hands and told them to calm down.

“Lee Know and Seungmin are just joking… ignore it.”, he told the two new roommates and chuckled, making his dimple appear deeper in his cheek.

Changbin lifted a single brow and checked Minho’s reaction. The weirdo poured sauce on his plate and ignored what the leader had just said about him. Jisung clenched both corners of his lips and just focused on eating the meal. He was thankful that there were people who could cook like this, and he needed not to leave the house or waste too much money on ordering food. Jisung did not like crowded places, but he wanted to hang out with his newly made friends and bowl with them. It would be a perfect opportunity to get to know them better and maybe he could be less awkward around them. After the meal, Changbin went straight to the bathroom to wash up and get ready. Felix and Jeongin took care of cleaning the kitchen, while Seungmin walked upstairs and vanished in his room. He grabbed his diary and wrote down what he had noticed in the morning between Minho and Jisung and something about Changbin was also off. That guy looked at Hyunjin and Felix in a different way.

Bangchan asked Jisung about his producing skills and where he had learned about it and how he had managed to make a living with it. They talked about it for a while until Changbin left the bathroom and it became finally Jisung’s turn. He excused himself and left Bangchan’s side. Minho watched him and he could not help but stare at Jisung’s .

“Bro, don’t make it obvious.”, the dimpled kangaroo warned him and patted his back.

Minho knit his brows and looked at him with an ‘what do you mean’- expression. He slapped Bangchan’s arm and then asked him to help him get upstairs and back in his room. The leader sighed but of course he could not leave him hanging. Changbin watched them go up together and he was once again surprised to see, how much scared the weirdo was but still insisted on living there. Jeongin and Felix were done with the kitchen and came back to the bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter