Hellevator

Destined Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hellevator

Jisung had arrived at the airport in Incheon and waited for his luggage to appear on the treadmill. He had packed four suitcases and paid a lot too for the overweight. He needed to catch his train to Seoul but luckily was in no hurry. The six-and-a-half-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, back to South Korea was horrible. Jisung hated heights, but as he was seated and had the ground beneath his feet, he could endure it. What he had hated more were the turbulences and the way the airplane shook and made cracking sounds. During the six hours he had watched two horror movies and slept a while too. Now that he was really back in South Korea, he somewhat felt weird about it. He had been living in Malaysia for over six years and had adjusted to the culture and lifestyle of the beautiful country. He would have never returned to his homeland if he had not received the last will of his parents, who had died in a car accident about one and a half year ago. The authorities had struggles to find Jisung in Malaysia, thus it took them a while to hand him the will of his parents. He had been surprised to receive it at all. He had not been in good terms with his parents due to some personal issues that he wanted to bury and never think about again, but the words written in the will made him come back to South Korea. His parents asked for him to return to a big mansion in Seoul, where he could live till the end of his life without paying rent. It was a good offer, as he could save a lot of money by living without a rent.

He sighed and as his luggage did not seem to appear anytime soon, he decided to call his best friend, whom he had seen at the funeral of his parents one and a half year ago. The phone tooted for about three minutes and just as his best friend picked up, Jisung spotted one of his suitcases. He rushed over to it, clenched his phone between his cheek and shoulder and grabbed the suitcase.

“Hi, Changbin!”, he spoke into the phone and placed his suitcase on the ground right next to his feet, his eyes were looking for his remaining luggage and he grabbed the phone and greeted his best friend once again, “Binnie! Hey, hi, sorry! I’m in Incheon, waiting for my luggage though… Uh-hum… Yup, I’ll take the train and might get to Seoul in about one hour? I gotta check it… Oh? Ah, it was okay… not the best flight… Yeah… Okay, I- I’ll see you there… Oh, Binnie… thank you.”

He hung up and finally all three of his suitcases appeared on the treadmill. He quickly grabbed them all one by one and panted all exhausted by all the lifting. He then checked his phone for the departures of the trains to Seoul. He was still in time and quickly put his suitcases on a trolley to carry them all at once to the exit.

About forty minutes of a ride on the Express Train later he arrived at the station in Seoul. Two young men helped him with his luggage, and he thanked them well-mannered. He was luckily fluent in Korean and had understood the offer of help. Jisung struggled a little to push all his suitcases through the station, but he managed it as he held two and pushed the other two with his feet. One by one and slowly he took his steps. Somehow, he managed to leave the train station all safely. The weather was warm, and the place was crowded like hell. He hated it. Jisung loved staying at home and working from home. He was a professional music producer and made good money by selling his pieces. It was not much, but enough for him to have a luxurious life in Malaysia at least and it would be enough for him to live a luxurious life in South Korea too, because he needed not to pay rent anymore.

He looked at his watch as he checked the time and chuckled, when he realized that his best friend still could not be on time after all these years. Changbin lived in Yongin, a ride about 30 minutes away from Seoul, yet he still was late. Jisung texted his friend that he went to the nearest café to drink Americano coffee as he needed to get rid of his exhaustion. He got a message right back from his best friend. It was just a thumbs up. Jisung smiled and went to the café with his luggage. He asked the staff if he could leave his suitcases in a specific area and luckily, he was allowed to do so. He needed to pay extra for it, but it was worth it. He ordered an Americano and took place on a table that had only two chairs to it. He checked the news on his phone and texted to some of his Malaysian friends and let them know that he was safe and sound. As he slurped his coffee in total silence, finally Changbin arrived. He bumped his fist into Jisung’s back and made him twitch. He chuckled to the reaction of his friend and sat across him.

“Aish!”, Jisung blurted out but quickly smiled when he saw his best friend in front of him, “Damn Binnie! You’ve built some muscles!”

Changbin chuckled to the compliment of his best friend and flexed his right arm proudly. Jisung asked him to order something too, but the buffed friend shook his head. He was doing just fine without any for now, but he would get an iced Americano on their way to the huge mansion.

“Is it really okay for me to move in with you?”, he asked a bit worried about the idea, “I mean, I’m thankful… but I feel like a freeloader… and I really don’t want to seem like it…”

Jisung shook his head and told him that it was his idea in first place, and he really did not want to stay alone in a huge mansion in Seoul, in South Korea, where he knew no one else but Changbin and had no interest in getting to know new people anytime soon. The buffed friend nodded understandingly and after some chitchat they got up and got their luggage. Changbin had also asked for the staff to keep an eye on his three suitcases. Since they had so much to carry, they called a taxi. Taking the bus would be too stressful with their luggage.

After about an hour stuck in traffic, they finally arrived in front of the mansion that was mentioned in the will of Jisung’s parents. Changbin’s jaw dropped to the sight of it. The green iron gate opened automatically. There were statues of lions to each side of it and a security camera on both sides and along the high wall that covered the big garden from the outside. Every corner of the garden was decorated with roses and other beautifully smelling flowers. There was a small fountain with an angel statue and birds seemed to love drinking the fresh and clear water from it. The beautiful two-stored, sand colored villa with huge windows on each wall was not to be mistaken or overlooked. It was breathtaking. Jisung and Changbin walked side by side and approached the building. The shed in the garden was also very luxurious, it looked like a small little house, not like a common shed. The two friends did not spot the pool in the back yet. They were amazed. Jisung knew about the wealth of his parents, but he had not expected them to be this wealthy. He had a bad feeling about accepting their will, but this right here he could not reject at all.

“Binnie… we will live like the kings.”, he told his best friend with a bright grin and when they finally reached the door, it opened on its own.

Changbin was confused. The door led right into an elevator.

“What a strange entrance…”, he said and exchanged glances with Jisung.

Jisung felt weirded out too. This was definitely not normal, but it seemed genius at the same time. As soon as they entered the elevator a female robotic voice sounded from above.

-Welcome to the Stray Kids Mansion. Codeword please.-

“Stray Kids? Codeword?”, Changbin asked his best friend and looked at him with a clueless expression.

Jisung shrugged. He had no idea about a codeword. He rummaged in his bag for the will of his parents and opened it once again. He read through all the yada-yada and noticed nothing that could be a codeword.

“Try a birthdate… maybe yours?”, the buffed friend suggested.

Jisung shrugged first and then gave it a try.

-Wrong codeword. Please try again.-

Changbin suddenly burst out laughing. Jisung stabbed his side and made him stop. He gave it a thoroughly thought and tried the birthdate of his mother first. It was wrong again. Then he tried the birthdate of his father.

-Wrong codeword. Please try again.-

“Aish!”, Jisung cursed in annoyance and started to scratch his palms.

Every time he felt uneasy, he would scratch himself. It could be his palms, his legs, his arms. It could become so bad that he sometimes hurt himself. Changbin patted his shoulder to make him realize that it was not a situation to get anxious of. They were not locked in the elevator, neither were they stuck in here. There was nothing to fear about. They tried again and again for about half an hour and slowly Changbin was getting nervous too.

“Alright, let me try one last time…”, Jisung said and took a deep breath, his puffy cheeks were too cute, and he breathed a deep sigh, then he added, “Last Will.”

He said randomly because nothing else than that thing had made him return to South Korea. And it really worked. The elevator suddenly went up one floor. Changbin clapped all amazed by his best friend. When the elevator stopped, they exited one after another with their suitcases and stepped right in the anteroom. It was huge. There were five doors leading to five different rooms. The stairway was all open and they could see the room downstairs and the glass wall that exposed the big pool. The floor of the anteroom was made of glass, and it made Jisung nearly his pants, when he noticed it. He let go of all of his suitcases and grabbed Changbin’s arm with a loud cry. The buffed friend laughed to his reaction and asked him how he could watch Horror movies without a problem, but this glass floor made him act like a little girl. Jisung pinched his arm and told him to shut up in laughter and help him get to the stairs. Changbin still laughed but helped him. They both wanted to check the pool first. As soon as they reached the floor downstairs, they came across a stranger that looked at them with a surprised expression. He wore only a pair of boxers and munched on some snacks. He had a well-trained body with wide shoulders. He blinked his eyes several times and then suddenly smiled all over his face. His cute dimples appeared on both his cheeks, one was deeper than the other, and he hopped like a kangaroo to the two friends.

“Hello!”, he shouted with a weird accent all happy and threw away the bag of weird foreign snacks and hugged Jisung and Changbin at the same time, “You are finally here! Welcome home!”

Changbin pushed him away and Jisung was happy for that. He was confused.

“Who- Who are you?”, he asked and could not assume the dimpled kangaroo to be a servant because he was half like that.

“I’m Bang Chan! For you… Bangchan or Channie!”, he introduced himself and clapped his hands loudly, “Guys! Come here for a moment! We’ve got two new roommates!”

Jisung and Changbin looked at each other in more confusion than before. Suddenly one door in their backs opened and they turned around. A tall and freaking handsome young guy stepped outside. His lips were formed perfectly, and he looked unreal. Like a doll. Like a character from a game that could be Final Fantasy. He was stunning, prettier than any girls that Jisung and Changbin had ever seen.

“This is Hwang Hyunjin.”, the dimpled kangaroo introduced him to the two, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter