REVIEWS (11)

   « SOL AI »   « APPLY CLOSED »  PLOTTING PHASE
fRGgKg3.png
 
 
 
REVIEWS
 
VYfGm8n.png
mion 
Min Seojin 
the favourite - luigi-a
The Upstart: 1

The Nepotism: 3

The Lesser: 2

The Leftover: 3

The Unpredictable: 3
 
VYfGm8n.png
once
Min Doori
the upstart - jey-chan
Hi Jey! I am ready for the fire burn leggo. First of all Mia is such an underrated goddess of a faceclaim! Definitely fits the charismatic interpretation of the upstart so so so well, great choices were made. Omg the image of Doori talking to a Japanese cute girl fan and near fluently getting out "hey cutie where have you been all my life" but then they asked her like how are you and she's like "..... I didn't study this part" xD 

Also aside from the fact that all Twice fans are going to come for her, Once is such a cool stage name!! It's the perfect kind of Konglish no it doesn't make sense but it sure as hell sounds cool name I love it. Omg I love the idea of management like begging her to be the resident MMC cool girl ice queen but this girl cannot be contained. Big Doori Energy. She sounds so much fun! I LOVE a good himbo. Dumb loud and goodnatured is a TYPE. Honestly if Doori makes it into the story I might just have to slide Tomboy into their discography. I really love her personality it would just be so much fun to work with, and I love that you gave her enough flaws to still create chaotic conflict between the members ( I LOVE that the moment things get easy for her she trivialises the struggles of others, that kind of only in the present mind is a really cool twist).

Also the image of THE Min Hana being asked how she feels about her little sister debuting and Hana being like sir I have never met this woman in my life? Comedy gold. Also I love the inclusion of the Hwan "Steve and Robin" dynamic and  the collab with Soyi! And omg I love it when people tie in songs to character development in composition songs, as a creative it always tickles me and Truth Untold is such a good song! I feel she both wouldn't and would get along with Aeon's Seunghoon xD Ohoho first app and there's already someone gunning for Seojin! There is definitely so much drama potential with Seojin and Doori that would be very fun to explore.

Thank you so much for being my first applicant and giving me this little chaos himbo!
 
VYfGm8n.png
summer
Han Soyi
the lesser - mandewit
Hi Hani, thank you for such a quick app! Damn you guys are really knocking it out of the park with these stage names, Summer is so pretty! In this universe we don't have Winter we have Summer thank you. And omg omg omg SUHYEON!! I love Billlie so much and she is my bias alongside Tsuki I am THRILLED to see her used she has such a unique and eyecatching face! Also Soyi is such a cute name like a little soyi bean. 

Oh man I really really love the exploration of that like perfectly trained professional idol personality vs. a totally different true personality just screaming to be set loose. Really, both Doori and Soyi have a similar potential for the arc where the prim and proper persona does nothing but all fans want is the glimpses of the real girl underneath but instead of management suppressing her, Soyi is doing it all on her own. She needs like 5 hugs and maybe some vodka. And I see she has excellent taste in music as well, I see your offer for bribery and I'm listening. Always here for seeing my chaotic multiverse connecting. 

And now for the sister, which is really the most important person to this plotline. Oh, oh poor sweet Soyi, with a sister as perfectly splendid as that, how could she ever compete? I love this perfect manhwa heroine sister, it makes it all the more frustrating for Soyi when there isn't even something about her to resent. Then she must resent all of her. This and the trainee section really illustrate so well what I wanted with his plitline (hint: it's pain) and the complicated social dynamics and pressures behind the scenes, really well done! And her relationship with Seojin is absolutely perfectly what I wanted from this fic! 

Oh my god though I am LIVING for the love interest. Hwan is one of the potential bachelors I was most excited to see someone's take on and I absolutely love this like perfect kdrama romcom dynamic of the and the girl he should obviously be going for and the but will they both realise it??? dynamic. Omg I SWOON.  And that he instantly becomes someone who accidentally sees the Soyi beneath the layers? Can't re-peel that onion when all the layers are on the floor. Chef's kiss.  I love how with all of the angst and pain in her story, her love interest is just purely one of fun and fluff. Some cotton candy with your salty soup.

Thank you for being my second applier and taking the time to create this complicated sad child for me!
 
VYfGm8n.png
eunoh
Kim Eunoh
the nepotism - lowcation
Hi Aggie, thank you so much for applying and omg I ADORE Kyujin I am so happy to see her used! And with that we have ourselves a baby!!  Man you're already sneaking in some of that personality into the appearance section I see you I'm loving it. Love the realistic 16 year old internal screaming even though omg she is SO PRETTY and needs to stfu but like which 16 year knows she's super pretty?? I still have to meet her. 

Omg I love the direction you went with her for the Nepotism! Love to see this vibrant youth so filled with energy and passion that it's exhausting. I always love a character just really happy to be here cause you know being a kpop idol would be extremely exciting! Especially as a teen, who wouldn't be starry eyed at how super amazing their kpop life is gonna be?? But then underneath that is the insecurities, the need for you to be listening to her. Who gives a if a tree fell in the middle of a forest if nobody was there to ooh and ahh at it? God and I love that everything is so in the momeny for her. Ngl as your resident adhder there were definitely bells rung and I love it. The way everything is right now and waiting is the devil but also one comment that wasn't as glowingly excited as it should have been send you down a spiral of  do they hate me what did I do wrong?? Exhausting, truly. Truly, she's such a breath of fresh air from rich kid clichés and I am living for it. 

I really like how frought the relationship with her and Hyoshin is or, to put it differently, what relationship? Also her and Seojin? Perfect. Her and Dream4U? Even better. All occording to plan. Also dw about not knowing the position of her uncle, I'll make something up. Who even knows how corporations work? But her trainee section makes total sense, having enough drive to be like mediocre which is already a huge achievement for a 1 year old trainee who wasn't even really qualified to be here but then also still haunted by her mediocrity? Yes please.

Anyway I really love Eunoh. You did a fantastic job, thank you so much for making her for me! 

 
VYfGm8n.png
eunju
Park Eunju
the unpredictable - lilyshocker
Hi Lily, it's so nice to see you making apps again and omg Bananayoung!! Loved her since her Produce days, what a treat <3 Also another candidate for pink hair supremacy!!

Oohh I really love the fact that Eunju is super critical but hides it from others. Keep the judgments in your head, keep the feelings in, that has never gone wrong ever. I feel like a lot of the first part of her personality about her being normal and pleasant and ordinary are from her point of view and then the further you dig the messier it gets as her low selfesteem and emotional disconnect shine through. And I love how you tied it in with her background of maturing too quickly and having to be the rock even for the parental figure who was supposed to take on that role. I also really like that she does still have a really positive relationship with her mother despite having to take up the slack. She'd be a wonderful contrast to Seojin where I deliberately went with someone who selfishly feels resentment for her poor background vs. Eunju who really stepped up to help and ended up making that so much of her personality.

Also I definitely laughed at her being a anti-capitalist in the making xD Join us Eunju, we have... mostly frustration and resentment tbh. Maybe some guillotines. I also really like how you incorporated long covid into this! I am definitely planning covid shenanigans, since we're in this dark timeline might as well use it and I love how you turned it into the "lazy dancing" tropes antis so often like to use. The way you made her this complete rock where she feels her point in life is to be dependable for others and then take the ability to that away from her? Chef's kiss. A cruel mother we love to see it.

Now onto the love interest! Seojin is MMC's most eligible bachelor and I'm here for it. I really like the potential they would have together! Eunju's propensity for quick quiet judgments has so much potential with the way they both have similar backgrounds but Seojin would hide it at all cost and both have very different feelings about said backgrounds. And the Seojin being a hard shell with softness struggling to break through and Eunju is a soft shell with hardness keeping everyone else at bay? Good right there.

Thank you so much for making Eunju for me, I really like her and I think you did an excellent job! <3

 
VYfGm8n.png
BIJOU
Ham Bijou
the leftover - nappeunge
Hi Ebony, thank you so much for applying and with Chaehyun no less!! I think she fits the concept you're going for so well, she's very pretty but there's definitely some of that insecurity in there, a perfect choice for Bijou. And, by the way, what a name! I think it's absolutely brilliant! And with looking at the current applicants she might even end up the bijou- eh visual xD ALSO the app is so pretty omg I am BASKING in all of this pink! 

Man I really like the way you've crafted this app, all the little interludes of thoughts and perspectives just create such an aesthetic almost story-book way of presenting the character. It really made it a delight to read! Also we absolutely LOVE a shortie around here tho I did have to google what feet correspond to cause lemme tell you your measuring system makes no sense xD I really love that you connected her to Haneul too! It makes me so happy to see people using the premade characters in interesting ways! The way you've written her and the perception of her voice really makes me think of how your own confidence colours the perception of others. Like if Bijou doesn't think her voice is worth anything why would anyone else? Man she needs like 50 hugs. 
Ahh I was hoping someone would go for our boi Yonggyu! Ahh the kind where they just happen to keep running into each other, it's really cute! Which is good cause god knows Bijou could use something cute. I do adore a good slow burn ;A;  Honestly I feel like something slow and gentle that just builds up like a small snowball rolling down a hill and picking up more and more snow? Chef's kiss that sounds like just the thing both of them need.
Thank you so much for creating this absolutely "oh honey" for me!
 
VYfGm8n.png
yeon
Moon Haeyeon
the nepotism - nancy3
Hey nano, so first of all in the cheatsheet it lists Kang Hyewon as one of the faceclaims that is off-limit because a main character in Dream4U has that face and the fics are going to be connected so you will have to change Haeyeon's faceclaim. 

Ahh she's an ice queen with a heart of gold! I can definitely see how as such a beautiful visual and probably quite a popular trainee that she might be mistrustful of others and how they want to use her. That's such an interesting take on a visual character I really like it! Especially taken into consideration the already competitive environment of MMC. Also with the way her bluntness definitely plays into her pretty priviledge, it's really cool that you went into that, What I do find a little strange is that her plotline is the unpredictable while her family situation perfectly matches the nepotism, did you switch plotlines halfway through? Considering that otherwise her concept would heavily conflict with whoever gets chosen for the nepotism that is probably the plotline I would consider her for. I do really appreciate that you talking about her relationship with Moon Manchul though as he's someone who's very important in the lives of the girls and nobody else did yet xD 

Ahh you used Bang Chan for her LI!! Definitely brownie points I love that man <3 It's cute that he is the exact opposite of Haeyeon! Anyway thank you very much for making Haeyeon for me, just let me know who her new face will be okay?
 
VYfGm8n.png
hari
Shin Hari
the nepotism - shibanuti
Hi Shiba! Thank you so much for applying and with Rosé no less!! Honestly if there are ny idols to portray high society life Blackpink is definitely it. She is definitely perfectly covering the vibe I was going for with the brand princess aesthetic!

Okay so first of all, I am THRILLEd that you connected her to Hayoon!! Love these MMC family dynamics especially where it is questionable at best. Like of course being the little sister of one of the iconic Horizone members would open any door for you you wanted and that was without the monetary incentives. I also LOVE that Hari did it because she didn't know what else to do, like the option of surefire fame in fortune debuting in a label that other trainees might actually kill for is just an afterthought to Hari. Just a "oh well I have nothing better to do". Brilliant. People are gonna hate her so much. 

I also LOVE the concept of America just corrupting Hari with all of their individualistic values. Gone is the sweet perfect confucian daughter- except she isn't cause youth trauma is a to scrub away innit? And the constant battle between freedom and conformity, the temptation of shedding it all but being pulled back by the call of wealth and the life she's used to and glamour she loves? God that's good stuff. I also love the depth you gave her parents even though she doesn't see it that way, love to see complex toxic relationships not presented as entirely black and white even if they sure are hecking misguided. And her trainee life really perfectly fleshed out the kind of ostracisation that can ome from special treatment. Half of the people whisper that she doesn't deserve to be here, the other half around her whisper that she deserves nothing less.  Ahhh good .

Thank you for creating Hari for me, she fits super well with the themes I want to write for the fic and I really anjoyed reading her!
 
VYfGm8n.png
blue
Ryu Gibbeum
the leftover - starliet
Hi Luna! Thank you so much for applying! Also Blue is suuuuch a cute stage name I can totally imagine that being legit in kpop it's cool! And then her actual name Gibbeum? Daaang that's cool too what is this girl's secret (having you as an author apparently xD)

Dang dude, her concept is so interesting! I love the idea of someone so bullied in her formative years that she never really learned how to socialise properly (honestly, something similar did happen to me, it's rough 3) and then trying to make up for that by emulating the people around her. But then instead of being like the perfect rootable victim, Gibbeun turned out messy as hell because victims are humans and they're not perfect and trauma is messy as hell. I also love how even her like birth story is messy xD And then how the idea of becoming an idol was basically a revenge fantasy? Absolute brilliance. And her relationship to Seojin/Mion is omg so so so messy I am here for this messy <3

Omg there is something so poetic about the bullied girl and the otherworldly beautiful boy both connecting over a similar feeling of loneliness.but then the potential DRAMA of it all!! Like there's the perfect overhearing trope and then Gibbeum is just like everyone else all along?? Omg that is such good . Also don't worry about the portrayal, all the MMC characters are essentially like snapshots for you to mould into the character you need them to be for your girl and you did brilliantly <3

Thank you so much for creating Gibbeum for me, she's so cool and interesting I think you did a fantastic job!

 
 
VYfGm8n.png
hui
Namgung Hui
the leftover - banawarrior
Hi Bana thank you so much for apply!!! Omg omg I love Dosie so much!! Also you guys are really turning it out with these names omg. Also dude her fashion is cool as hell I really like that you did something interesting with it and she has suuuuch a cool vibe.

Dang, I really really like her personality! I love how she's like this in theory y confident girlboss but then the years of criticism and competitiveness and well trainee abuse have sapped so much from her that in the end what they're left with is mostly y but also sol ai is really the perfect spot for that sort of thing. I also love how she both mirrors your Dream4U girl Xiwen in how opposite she is of everything sweet little lucky Xiwen stands for, but also how a lot of her mirrors Seojin in ways that are so explosive they're a fireworks factory. I also really love her background as like this opera girl in the pop music world (and omg Yunjin YAS)! OMG AN ATLAS MENTION maaaan that takes me back!! Do or Die was so good ;A; if Hui is chosen I'll definitely make them cameo <333 Honestly all of the little mentions of MMC and, eh, Liv Cinematic Universe mentions made my heart so happy. Like her friendship with Haneul is so sweet and wholesome and then her friendship with Seojun is hilarious xD Bitter kids complaining over free food is what found families are made of. 

Also I absolutely love the rivalry you created between Hui and Seojin! She was definitely made with the intention that Seojin has done stuff she's not proud of to get to where she is and omg I LOVE for this kind of drama! And her love interest story with Atsu is really cute, I love that she's already got a huge crush on him but is too afraid to actually go after it, and I love that he knows but is too bad at going after it to make it work xD With most love interests meeting and unfolding within the story it'd be really fun to have one where the history is already there they just haven't collided in exactly the right way yet and where everyone is like OH MY GOD WILL YOU TWO JUST KISS. 

Thank you so much for creating Hui for me, I absolutely love the idea of the Leftover being a salty crusader here to fight everything and everyone!
 
 
VYfGm8n.png
min hwari
Min Hwari
the unpredictable - formi
Oh my god I screamed when I saw Min ing Hwari, what an absolute blast from the past! Of course it makes total sense that Produce 99 alumni would be popping up left and right and who better than the #1 herself? Of course, that is if MNET were to be believed. Was she really? Who knows, certainly not Hwari. AHHH THIS IS SO COOL. Also great job on finding a faceclaim who looks a lot like Xiyeon now that Pledis ed that one up for us 3 but Arin does resemble her and you know what is a redebut without a new face in Seoul?

Seeing the princess motif return for her personality just gave me so many feelings. And then it breaks my heart into a million pieces. For someone who rose to first place before everything fell apart, Hwari sure is the biggest loser of this universe's Produce 99 fiasco. Part of me is very saddened by seeing her personality be this natural downward spiral of a highstrung but bright and earnest girl she'd been before but then of course the other part is wringing my hands about the machinations of getting her back there. It also makes 100% perfect sense to me that Cube would up any opportunity they had in their hands no matter how radioactive. There is a universe within universes where a disgraced girl was allowed to redeem herself. This is not that universe, but a sliver of it is. 

It's so sweet to see her still keeping in touch with the Produce girls though and it will be a delight to get to write Taeri and Bada and Sungsook again <3 And I really love the inclusion of Yona and Lucy as well! Every tie strengthens this fic shared universe until it becomes real xD 

Thank you so much for bringing Hwari back and tugging at all of my heartstrings to do so, it is an absolute delight to see her again <3
 
VYfGm8n.png
sooyoung
Mo Sooyoung
the lesser - cloud-z
So sorry for the wait but thank you so much for applying!! And with Eunchae too, I love her! She has such an interesting youthful but chic vibe to her she's just so cooool. Omg I love her nicknames they're absolutely adorable! And the style section already gives a really interesting snapshop of personality, I can really feel this kind of lost vibe like there's this vulnerable indecisiveness to it.

i have to admit, I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around her personality. I feel like you've created so many exceptions and specific scenarios where she deviates that I'm having trouble finding the thoroughline. I like her tl;dr a lot and I think I can see what you're going for but it's honestly hard to see the forest for the trees. Like I'd never be able to remember all of these different facets and scenarios. It might be something to look out for in future apps if it's a habit, real people are all contradictions but fictional people have to be more streamlined and consistent or else, ironically, we don't find them believable xD Especially in an ensemble cast where there's gonna be at least 5 other personalities for me to take care of. If you don't mind and if she's chosen I'll ask you to see if you can simplify her more so she'd be easier to write for me. But, so late in the game, I won't ask you to do that work if I wouldn't be sure to choose her.

Her background is so cute! I love the focus on how tight-knit the family is and how Sooyoung grew up to love her big sister it was all so wholesome and so perfectly tragic with what we know must be coming. I also really like how you developed her relationship with her sister! It's really realistic and heartbreaking how frustrating it must be to constantly be compared and thinking in the darkest of nights that you wouldn't have to suffer this much if she didn't exist to pose a parallel. I really created this plotline to suffer ;A; I also really appreciated you taking the time to flesh out her interactions with some of the supporting characters at the company! I absolutely love seeing that stuff <33 And omg the love interest is so cute!! I really love their dynamic it's like a little oasis for both of them!

Thank you so much for creating Sooyoung for me, I really like her and I really appreciate the care you've put into creating her! (also absolutely excellent song suggestions!)
 
VYfGm8n.png
INNI
Ko Inhye
the unpredictable - silverfoil
Hi Silvi! Thank you so much for applying, your review will be up soon!