CHEATSHEET

   « SOL AI »   « APPLY CLOSED »  PLOTTING PHASE
      
CHEATSHEET
 
 
 
 
 
THE STORY
 
 
So the story is about a big 3 group that the company is expecting to become the leaders of the 4th gen that then get beaten in populary by the rag-tag group of misfits Dream4U of my other fic. They'll by no means be unpopular, just not what might be expected from a big3 debut and the company pressure and emotional abuse they suffer because of it.

This paired with internal competition between each other and the struggles of going from trainees going over bodies to grab that coveted debut spot to having to get along and be a team and be best friends on camera.

Lastly a big theme is powerlessness that looks like power from afar. Girls with connections who don't actually have any freedom, big 3 idols with big album sales kept on short leashes, thousands of fans shout her name but she still can't choose not to wear the dress where her safety shorts peek out from the bottom. 


The company calls them failures, reddit calls them overrated, twitter hates on them for breathing, and meanwhile they sell 150k upon debut. It's all sorts of messy and complicated and oh the humiliation when they are on the edge of their seat to accept the 2020 Rookie Girl Group Award and what name echoes through the empty audience-less halls?

Dream4U
THE GIRL
!!! Please tag your apps with SOLAI so it's easy to find them! !!!
 
For faces, please use idols only, and I prefer ones with a decent amount of fics over nugus just for ease. No race bending either. Using one ethnicity for a mixed girl is ok but

Age range is 1997-2004. For ages, remember that SOL AI debuts in 2020, I've edited the ages of the younger MMC idols to account for this and you're welcome to do the same. Ages don't have to align perfectly tho, but keep it realistically and the younger the idol the less wiggle room there is imo but this way you can use idols as young as 2006/7.

As for personality and such, this one's going to be a bit darker than D4U, make your girls someone imperfect who can use some growing. That doesn't necessarily mean angsty or mean girl but I'm here for flawed queens. Themes are personal growth and group effects and healing of workplace emotional abuse and control. There are gonna be big ups and downs.

Still, don't go too dark please, I'm not comfortable with themes like direct ual abuse or sponsorship or the like. We're going dark but not black, k? 
THE IDOL
First of all, you can bend the plotlines to your ideas as you like. They are there to spark ideas but if not everything perfectly fits then that's fine too. Do you want your Upstart to be a new trainee? Go for it. Do you want your Nepotism to be related to Horizone's Hayun instead of an exec? Yeah I can see how that can work very well. If you have any doubts just ask me.

There are no age or ethnicity guidelines btw! If you want MMC to have a Chinese exec and investor for the Nepotism that can work, if the Upstart is a 16 year old baby that could work very nicely, or if the Lesser has been training for a decade and is on the older side that is just as well. Everything is malleable to make your idea shine.

For twins just make sure you follow the brief, I'm not super interested in OP characters unless it's a part of their story. Strengths and weaknesses is where it's at! 
 
As for the other idols at MMC, I have kept things deliberately vague so you can use the little description and interpret them how you see fit. You're also encouraged to do collabs with people over interpretations (or in general, collabs are love) and if in the end anything conflicts I'll make it make sense. Have fun with the extended cast!
 
Who will be prominent side characters and who will be background characters is totally dependent on what you guys do with them so have fun <3
THE LOVE
Love Interests is OC only as that's what I'm comfortable writing! You can use any of the MMC characters with hearts next to them, you can even use Mion if you want, or you can make up anyone you want! You can make up a totally unlrated to idolhood person or you can make up an idol in any of MMC's groups or even a soloist. You can even make up a trainee in D4U's Helix to get that cross-pollination going!

If no one picks Mion I will either create someone for her or pick a character that hasn't been used.

As always in my fics, queer love interests and themes are welcome if realistically done <3
THE BIAS LIST
So I would love to see more newer debuted faces! I've been on this site a godforsaken amount of times and I shall scream if I see another Joy FC, I'd love to see some new blood used! Here are some faces I would love to see:

Dayeon, Xiaoting, Chaehyun (Kep1er); Kyujin, Jiwoo (NMIXX); Liz, Gaeul (IVE); Kazuha, Eunchae (LSRF); Sieun, Seeun, Isa (STAYC), Jiwon (CLASSY); Dosie, Goeun, Chaein (Purple Kiss)
 
Faces that are taken in D4U and MMC npcs and must not be touched:
 
Saerom, Jisun, Jiheon (F_9); Ningning (Aespa); Onda (Everglow); Hyewon; Miyeon (GIDLE); Yena; Jiho (OMG), Yeonhee (Rocket Punch); Jinni (NMIXX)
 
Faces that I don't like super much but you can still use if you want:

Joy (Red Velvet); Jinsoul (LOONA); Wonyoung (IVE); Any Itzy girl; Sullyoon (NMIXX); Youngeun, Yeseo (Kep1er), Chaeyoung, Jiwon, Nakyung (F_9); Dahyun, Mina (Twice)