Chapter 7

In another lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wakes up with a headache.

“Where am I?” She tries to moves but is blocked by another mass. Seulgi freaks out. Did she do something with Junm-

“Seulgi go back to sleep, the sun isn’t even up yet.”

“Irene.”

“Hmm?”

“It’s you.”

“Of course it’s me, just go back to sleep Seulgi.” she answers as she sneaks her head against the latter’s neck and puts one arm around her waist.

“Okay.”

Seulgi closes her eyes as she remembers yesterday, or should she say a few hours ago. Since the sun isn’t even up, she took a nap not a good sleep.

She looks at the beauty next to her. She could decide to freak out and leave. But that’s not what she wants. She knows that what she has with Irene is temporary, because of so many factors. So she just pushes the hair out of Irene’s face and falls asleep. She doesn’t even care about her headache now. Her time is precious. She’s thinking about what if it wasn’t temporary? What if she ran away with her? What if she chooses her? These questions stay unanswered as she drifts back to sleep.

She wakes up for real 4 hours later. This time the sun is up, and she has to go back. Still a bit drunk she wants to wake Irene up. So, she showers her with kisses all over her face, except her lips of course, she’s not that bold. Maybe she’s still drunk, who knows? Irene wakes up and chuckles.

“Seulgi stop! It’s tickling me!”

“Never!” she continues.

Irene flips herself on top of Seulgi and dives in her neck, doing the same. Seulgi laughs and makes them turn. The Irene does the same and so does Seulgi once again. When they stops they lay next to each other and laugh. Irene takes Seulgi’s hand, and they look at each other.

“I don’t want to go.” Seulgi starts the conversation.

“I don’t want you to go either.”

Seulgi closes her eyes.

“You look beautiful Seulgi, do you know that?”

Seulgi’s face become as red as a tomato which makes Irene laughs.

“Don’t tell me that.” she hides herself in her free hand. “I’m shy.”

“I just wanted you to know it.” she smiles.

“You’re beautiful too Irene, but not only in the outside, your personality is what makes you beautiful to me.”

“Thank you, Seulgi.” she puts her hand on her cheek at the same time.

“I have to go.” Seulgi pouts.

“Come back to me on another day, okay?” she speaks so softly that it makes Seulgi’s heart melt.

“I will.”

“I’ll walk you back to the door.”

Seulgi nods and stands up, while Irene follows her.

“Come here.” Seulgi says. She kisses Irene’s forehead softly. The latter puts her hand on Seulgi’s hair and smiles.

“Seulgi?”

“Yes?”

“This doesn’t mean anything okay?”

“Okay.” Seulgi answers confused.

Irene comes closer to her and softly connects their lips. They move in sync and Seulgi feels like she is dreaming once again. She was right yesterday, Junmyeon is the problem, but what if Irene is the solution?

When they pull apart, they both are widely smiling.

“Don’t say anything, I know that you have to go. Come now.” she opens the door and leads the way.

Seulgi knows they are wrong; they shouldn’t be doing that. But she’s trapped, trapped in that fantasy. But she’s not scared, because she doesn’t imagine what could happen if a father or Jumyeon discovered. So, she doesn’t feel any guilt yet.

“You promised to come see me, so I’ll wait, even if it’s at 3 am.” Irene tells Seulgi. “Now you should hop on Bear, and sorry but I think Frog ran away.”

“I promise, and he betrayed me.” she feigns being sad.

“Right.” Irene chuckles.

“Have a good day, Irene.”

“You too Seulgi, goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

She unties Bear and leaves while waving to the girl she came to.

When she arrives at the mansion, it feels like she woke up. Maybe all of that never happened and it was all a lucid dream? She sneaks herself in and decides to sleep a bit more. While smiling this time.

 

She wakes up a few hours later, smiling like an idiot.

“Seulgi can you help me with the flowers?” Seungwan asks as she sees Seulgi walking down the stairs.

“Sure wait, let me carry that.” she says as she grabs the flowerpot. “Why are you even doing that, can’t the maids do it? It’s too heavy for you, we both know how fragile you are.”

“No, I bought them myself, aren’t they pretty? I want to take care of them. Don’t forget you’re as weak as me Seul!”

“Okay sure if you believe it. I understand.” she chuckles.

“Someone is in a good mood today.” says Seungwan in a suspicious way.

“What?” Seulgi feigns ignorance.

“Care to tell me why?”

“Maybe because of the alcohol, I don’t know?”

“Are you trying to tell me that you’re still drunk?”

“I don’t know?”

“Seulgi you’re weird.” Seungwan laughs.

“I know. Should I put it here?”

“Yes please.”

She helps her sister putting the flowers inside and carefully waters them.

“So, what’s your plan today?”

“I think Junmyeon is coming.”

“No work?”

“No, I told father he was killing me with all of his. I asked for vacations, and he agreed.”

“Your work must have been really good then!”

“Always. How is Jihoon doing?”

“Same as usual, still drowning under work, but great! At least he’s still funny even when he’s tired!”

“That’s a relief then.” she chuckles once again.

“Seul really! Why are you like that! You look so happy!”

“I am not allowed to be?”

“You are of course, I like it when you’re like that. I’m just curious and I want to know why! I’m your sister don’t you trust me?”

“I do, it’s just that I’m in a happy mood, no particular reason.”

“I don’t believe you but okay! I’ll discover why one day anyway.”

“Sure, sure.”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing! Bye Seungwan I got to go! I need to pick up some clothes.”

“Okay see you then, liar!”

“See you.” she sends her a flying kiss.

 

In town she stops to discuss with some of the villagers. Even though some of them are still talking about ‘the new goddess’ it died down a bit. Seulgi suspects that it’s because her rejection on the teacher spread around. Seulgi also goes to see Yerim, and the latter is sad because Irene didn’t come this time. She had to convince her to smile for at least 10 minutes before succeeding! It’s not even the talking that convinced her but rather the bread that she gave her. That brat.

After picking up the clothes she needed to, she decides to shop a bit. She strolls around until her eyes stop on a shiny jewelry.

“Hello, sorry but how much is that necklace?”

It’s perfect, she ends up buying it, she wants to give it to Irene, so she’d be able to remember her forever. It’s expensive but she couldn’t care less. The necklace somehow reminds her of the girl. It’s a simple one, with a blue diamond surrounded by a thin silver circle. I hope she will like it. She holds it near her heart before putting it in a safe small pocket.

She then goes back to the mansion. Junmyeon must be waiting for her. It’s less boring than usual, since there is less and less awkwardness between the two, knowing each other for a few months now, it’s normal. She’s thankful because he doesn't mention anything about making out yesterday, she suspects he’s going to try again tonight though. He does asks her if she’s doing okay, having seen her drunk yesterday.

They’re playing chess, and of course Seulgi’s leading.

“Junmyeon why are you so bad at every activity.” she laughs.

“Hey, no I’m not! You’re just too skilled.” he answers as he sighs and falls down on his chair.

She giggles as she takes down ano

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter