Chapter 5

In another lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wakes up the next day, and decides to go in town, to see Yerim (and check if what Seungwan said is true. As soon as she arrives, she hears the name Irene from every side. So it’s true, she’s that popular. On her way to the school, some people even stopped her to ask if she can bring Irene with her next time. Did they all lose their manners? Have they all gone crazy? She shushes them away. She didn’t know it would be that present. It’s like Irene was elected queen or something like that. When she arrives at school, she’s relieved. At least here they won’t annoy her with that.

“Miss Seulgi!”

The children run to her as always and she greets all of them. She hugs some of them, but keeps her biggest one for Yerim, who is also beaming.

“Miss Seulgi, I have a question!” the latter says.

“Yes Yerim?”

“Are you friend with Miss Irene?”

Seulgi’s jaw drops. So you betray me too?

“I don’t know if we are friends, but I’ve talk to her a few times. Why?”

“It’s just that she’s so nice!”

“What do you mean? Did you meet her?”

“Yes! She came yesterday, she saw I was alone, so she talked to me! She told me we are friends now. Then everyone saw her, and she had to talk to them.”

Seulgi hums, she knows Yerim has difficulties to make friends, so it pains her to hear that, but she’s also happy that Irene kept her company.

“Why did she come here?”

“I don’t know, I think she got lost. She told me she’d come back today!” The gate opens at this moment. “Oh! Here she is!”

The children ran to her the same way as they did with Seulgi. The latter can’t help but feel jealous. They even compliment her beauty! They never did that to her.

“Miss Seulgi, I’ll come back, I’ll say hello to Miss Irene!”

Seulgi doesn’t even have time to protest because Yerim was already running towards Irene. She watches the latter, she seems to be uncomfortable around the kids, but when she sees Yerim, she smiles and hugs her. Suddenly, Irene looks up and stands up.

“Seulgi?” she says as she walks towards her.

“Irene, what are you doing here?”

“I came to see Yerim. And you?”

“It seems that we have the same favorite.” Seulgi whispers. “I’m a bit jealous it looks like she likes you more than me.” she says loudly for Yerim to hear it.

“Nonsense Miss Seulgi! You will always be my favorite.” she answers as she hugs Seulgi once again.

“Hey! So, what am I then?” protests Irene.

“My second favorite!”

Irene pouts. And Seulgi thinks it’s cute. Every time she meets her, she discovers a new side of her personality. “It’s not fair!”

“You see Miss Irene, Miss Seulgi comes every week!  And it’s been a few years! So, she will always be my favorite! But it doesn’t mean I don’t like you!”

Seulgi smirks and looks at Irene. She sticks out her tongue to mock her.

“Okay, I give up, I can be the second one.” she playfully rolls her eyes.

Suddenly another child runs to Irene and hugs her. The look of disgust that appears on her face makes Seulgi bursts in laughter. It seems that Irene really came here only for Yerim.

Mister Park, the teacher also enters the playground and greets them.

“Hello Miss Seulgi and Miss Irene! Thank you for coming today! It makes the children happy.”

“Hello to you too Mister Park.” Seulgi says.

“Hello Mister Park, and it’s okay it’s nothing.” This time it’s Irene turns to speak.

“Miss Irene, I am already sorry, but can I ask you something?”

“Yes?”

“Would you accept to go out with me?”

Seulgi’s jaw drops once again. This man really decides to ask her out in front of the children, he has no shame. Seulgi would really like if she could put him back to his place. She also doesn’t know why, but she’s waiting for Irene’s answer impatiently. It seems that she’s also taken aback by the direct demand.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not looking for anything right now.” she answers with her usual coldness. Or rudeness? Well, right now she is exactly how she was when she first met her.

Seulgi wants to laugh at how he got rejected. She watches Yerim trying to restrain herself from laughing too.

“Ah I see.. If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me. I’ll go see the other children.”

As soon as he’s gone, Seulgi and Yerim laugh out loud.

“What’s so funny?” Irene asks with one eyebrow up.

“His face when you rejected him.” Seulgi answers.

“You guys are weird.”

“Can’t protest against that. But I swear Irene you are making everyone fall for you.”

“Even you?” she smirks.

Seulgi blushes not knowing what to answer but Yerim saves her before she can say anything.

“We need to go it’s almost class time! But Miss Irene it was really funny!”

“If you say so.” she hums.

“Bye Miss Seulgi and Miss Irene.” she hugs them both at the same time and runs away.

“So.. You’re not married?” Seulgi asks once there are only the both of them.

“Why do you want to know?”

“I’m just curious.”

“I am not.”

“No suitor?”

“You’re really curious but no, no one. But you do have one right?”

“I do, is it your time to be curious?”

“Only because you are. You don’t look so happy about him.”

“He’s my suitor because my father wants it. I think I’m too young to think about marriage.”

“Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter