Chapter 3

In another lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wakes up the next day with a horrible stomachache and the first thing she does is running to the bathroom to throw up. Oh my god.

It was bound to happen anyway, it’s the first time she really drinks, she didn’t really eat, she didn’t drink that much of water. But at least she alive, but her head above the toilets is ready to reject whatever is in her stomach once again. Oh no. She suddenly remembers what happened with her father, her running away and calling him disgusting in front of his friends. She’s going to get yelled at she knows it. She remembers Junmyeon being too touchy and by the way where is he? No idea. She remembers Irene. And her family. She honestly doesn’t know if she made friends but that would be great. They were really nice with her even though she stayed with them for a short time. And then Irene, the rude girl, who helped her yesterday, and on who she bumped.

She wasn’t that bad honestly, Seulgi drunk brain even remembers that Irene somehow ? She’s still too stubborn, it’s crazy. I should apologize to everyone. Before she can move, she’s throwing up once again. She can already hear Irene making fun of her.

 

She stays there until she hears someone knocking.

“I’m here.” she tried to say out loud, but it comes out really weak.

“Seul, I’m entering.” she hears Seungwan. “Seulgi where are you?”

“Here.” she hits the toilets to make some noise.

“Oh my god, are you okay?”

“I’ve had better days.”

Seulgi knows that she really looks pale right now.

“Do you remember what happened yesterday?”

“I do.”

“Father is angry.”

“I know.” she sighs. “I’ll apologize when I’m doing better.”

“Good.” she looks at her with sympathy. “I heard you talked with the new guests?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“How are they?”

“Fine, honestly I talked with Sehun and Joy mostly and they were really nice to me. It was probably the best moment of the event.”

“I see, and what about the father and Irene?”

“Irene is not that bad I guess I half expected her to kill me after I made her spill her glass on her dress, and I didn’t talk to the father.”

“You spilled alcohol on her?”

“It was an accident okay.”

“Okay good to know. Wait here I’ll bring you a cup of water and some snacks.”

“Thank you Seungwan, but I don’t really feel like eating right now.”

“You will later!” Seungwan says as she leaves.

“Okay, Thanks.”

She comes back 5 minutes later and puts everything next to her sister.

“Here you go, now just throw up, it’s the only way to get better.”

“Okay.”

“You really look like .” she laughs.

“I know.”

“I need to go, but good luck Seul, call me if it gets worst.”

“I will, thank you Seungwan. I really appreciate it.” she cracks a smile.

“By the way Junmyeon is sleeping in the living room and some of his ‘friends’ are also knocked out there. Just thought you wanted to know.”

“Okay, nice, I won’t go there then.”

Seungwan just laughs again and leaves the room.

 

She spends 2 more hours throwing up, resting and throwing up again. No mercy for her body, maybe it’s karma and she deserve it. After 2 hours she goes back to her bed and sleeps for a bit. She wakes up hungry and she’s thankful for Seungwan’s snacks because that way she doesn’t have to go downstairs yet. She knows she needs to apologize to her father, but she wants to be sure that Junmyeon is gone. After all she basically shouted on him after he insinuated weird things associated with her suitor.

 

When she finally feels like it’s time, after finishing her snacks and still being hungry, she carefully goes out of her room and walks towards the stairs. She remembers being a burden to Irene in the stairs yesterday, she’ll definitely apologize to her too.

 

She peeks at the living room, and notices that Junmyeon and the others already left, it’s already 3pm so it’s pretty relevant. “Father?” she cautiously calls.

He doesn’t answer but she sees him sitting in the sofa, reading the newspaper. He’s avoiding her, of course.

“Listen, I’m sorry for yesterday, I was under the influence of alcohol.” still no answer.

“Father?” she goes and pokes him on his shoulder.

He immediately falls on the floor. Seulgi screamed.

“Father?? Father please! Wake up!”

Tears are building in her eyes, she tries to shake him but nothing, she checks his breathing and pulse and is relieved when she sees that both of them are still there.

But they are weak.

“ANYONE, HELP ME!”

Soon after a lot of maids came in, hearing her shout.

“We need to bring him to the doctor! Fast! Prepare the horses!” one of them says.

“I’ll go with you!” Seulgi says.

“No miss, stay here, we will take care of this.”

“But He’s my fa-.”

“Miss some of the guests are still sleeping in the house, we need you to take care of them if they need something, it’s what your father would have wanted. You also need to inform your sister.”

Seulgi nods. In her state she’d just burden them, she is still weak, and she needs to inform Seungwan. She couldn’t care less about the guests right now.

“Okay but go fast then!”

“Everyone, hold him! 1, 2, 3!”

She watches them as they carry her father and run outside. She follows them and see them leaving. He will be okay she repeats to herself.

 

Why did he collapse? Was that because of the alcohol? No it was weird I already saw him way more drunk, he never had this problem. Because of tiredness? Anxiety? She had no idea. She just has to wait for them to come back.

She goes to the sofa in the living room, meters from where he fell, she lies down and closes her eyes.

What the is happening.

 

She soon hears noises of people coming. Yeah, she should explain the situation. She recognizes the three of them as her father’s friends.

 

“We heard noises, what’s happening?” one of them grunts.

She then tells them everything, from when she went downstairs to when he fell, and got carried by the staff.

 

“Woaw that old man.. He’s going to be okay, but it’s really weird. »

“Yes, you didn’t see him acting weirdly last night? »

“Not after you shouted at him and left.” he says while grinning a bit.

“I don’t think you can smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter