Chapter 2

In another lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?”

The woman didn’t even bother to answer and just stared at Seulgi.
It gave her the creeps. There was something dark in her eyes and it made her believe that this woman was bad, really bad.

“Seulgi come on that’s not a way to treat our special guests! Sorry my daughter must be nervous.” reprimands her father. “Welcome everyone nice to meet all of you!”

“Nice to meet you aswell Lord Kang.”

So when my father is speaking, she’s answering?

“Thank you for the invitation Lord Kang.”

“No it’s totally normal.” he smiles. “Let’s do the presentations?”

“Perfect, everyone I’m Lord Choi. This is my son Sehun, and my daughters Joy and Irene. But it seems that our daughters already met each other.”

Seulgi didn’t answer and just frowned; she knows that if she speaks, she won’t be able to control herself from telling this man how impolite his daughter is.

“Thank you for the presentation, I’m Lord Kang, here are my daughters Seungwan and Seulgi. My wife is not in the country right now, but you may meet her when she comes back.” he says back. “And yes, it seems that they met, excuse my daughter again for her words earlier.”

“No, don’t worry it’s not a problem.”

Seulgi still angry takes a look at the family and finally analyzes them. The whole family is really intimidating. She quickly glances at her sister and sees that she also seems nervous around them. The father is tall, wearing an all-black costume, he has dark brown hair. Just like her daughter Joy who is wearing a dark gray dress. Sehun and Irene both have dark hair and Sehun is wearing a similar costume to his father’s one meanwhile Irene is wearing a long black dress. The beauty genes seem to be running in the family as all of them are gorgeous. She hates to admit it but the impolite daughter, now known as Irene, is the most beautiful one. She didn’t pay attention last time, but her beauty is incredible.

“Should we visit and meet everyone here?” proposes Seulgi’s father.

“Very well. We’ll follow you.”

They start to follow her father and she sees Irene glancing at her one last time before looking in another direction, head up.

“I don’t feel them.” Junmyeon startles Seulgi by speaking. She didn’t notice he was there.

“I don’t either.” Woaw, it’s one of the first time they agree about something, maybe they’re finally making progress.

He hums. “Do you know when they will bring the buffet?”

“Maybe in one hour.” She’s starting to get hungry too.

“We should get a drink then.” he says as he smiles and offers his arm for Seulgi to take.

“Sure.”

This going to be a hell of a night.

 

They are both now sitting at the bar, Junmyeon talking with potential new business partners she supposes. She’s sipping on her cocktail and already gave up on trying to join the conversation. They don’t care about her anyway. They only congratulated Junmyeon for his ‘discovery’. Yes the discovery being herself. What a great way to call a woman. “Woaw you found yourself a good one Junmyeon. What a great discovery!”

She might as well just go somewhere else. So, she orders another drink from the bar and stands up.

“I’m going to move around for a bit. It was nice to meet you.” she says with her fakest smile.

If it stays that way, she might become an alcoholic like them tonight.

She scrolls in the house until she heard someone calling for her.

“Miss Seulgi, right?”

“Yes, and Sir Sehun right?”

“You got it right, but just drop the formalities, call me Sehun. Are you bored?” he smiles.

“Okay same just call me Seulgi then. And I won’t lie, I am. What about you?”

“A bit, this kind of event is too formal for my taste. No offense though.”

“None taken.”

“Would you like to join me and my sister Joy? We’re drinking over there.” he says as he points one of the guest rooms. “Don’t worry your father allowed us to go in there.”

“Well, I can’t refuse.”

“Let’s go, then.” he leads the way.

As she enters the room, she sees Joy sitting on the bed, drinking. They seem way more friendly right now.

“Miss Seulgi, did I get your name right?”

“Yes, Miss Joy? Right.”

“Exactly, as my brother might have told you, just drop the formalities please, call me Joy.”

Seulgi chuckles. “Yes, he did. You must know him very well. Just call me Seulgi too.”

They all chuckle and sit on the bed.

“Oh, you brought your cocktail! I have a bit of Vodka if you want to strengthen it a bit.” says Joy.

“Actually, I’ve never tried Vodka before, or any strong drink so…” she hesitates.

“Don’t worry I can just put a bit inside if you want.”

“Sure, I’ll trust you then.”

They keep drinking and talking and soon Seulgi finds herself light-headed because of the alcohol. It’s the find time it happens to her, so she doesn’t even really notice it or simply decides to ignore it.

“By the way, is it true that you met our sister before?” Sehun asks.

“Yes, I didn’t really talk to her though. We just met when I got lost.”

“Really, and judging by your reaction when she entered your house it went bad?” Joy chuckles.

“It’s just that when I just asked her normal questions, she literally answered as if I tried to kill her.” Seulgi frowns. “Even when I was just trying to help her, she stayed impolite.”

“That’s typical from her.” Sehun chuckles.

“Yes, she’s just like that, but I promise she’s not that mean.” Joy continues.

“I’m not convinced but I heard what you said.” Seulgi grins. “By the way, I think I’m going to eat something, I’m starving, do you want something too?”

“I’m okay but go! You didn’t eat anything before, right? Are you already getting tipsy?” asks Joy.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” she says while smiling. “And you Sehun?”

“I’m okay too I already ate a bit before but thanks, we’ll probably be in this room if you want to come back!”

“Okay thank you guys.”

She starts going downstairs and concentrates on the stairs because Joy might be right, the alcohol is manifesting itself right now. Her main goal is to avoid her father and Junmyeon, she just made new friends, she doesn’t want her mood to go down.

She discreetly stole some canapés and is devouring them. She didn’t know she was that hungry. When she’s done, she goes to the bar and asks for a cocktail, once again. She drinks it all in one go. Who knew she had that in her?

When she turns, she bumps into someone making that person’s drink spill.

“Oh, I’m sor-”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Great her best friend Irene. Just what she needed.

“Listen I’m sorry I wasn’t paying attention I’ll help you clean up.”

“I don’t want your help.”

“If you want to clean it, you’ll need my help, this is my house I know where the cleaning products are.”

Irene eyes Seulgi suspiciously. As if she was preparing a trap.

“Listen-” she starts again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter