Chapter 9: Soar Above The Skies

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because Tzuyu said such a thing, he ended up tutoring Momo for the rest of the afternoon.

 

These functional questions that Momo found so hard to understand were as simple as adding and subtracting to Tzuyu.

 

Ever since she could remember, Momo knew that Tzuyu was very smart. He had always taken first place in any competition and ranking. Scattered amongst her childhood memories was her brother bringing home all kinds of trophies. She had always been proud of having such an amazing brother, even if neighbors or relatives would about it from time to time.

 

To her, their division of labor was apparent: Tzuyu was responsible for being smart, and she was responsible for being cute.

  

Until that incident occurred.

 

Tzuyu raised his head to ask Momo about the next topic when he saw her look dazed. Knocking her head with a pen, he asked: "Did you not understand? Do you want me to explain things again?"

 

Momo saw him take another piece of draft paper, intending to show the relevant formulas again. With a bitter heart, she whispered: "Oppa, are you really not going to continue your studies?"

 

The pen writing out a formula suddenly stopped, the tip slowly smudging black ink onto the paper. Tzuyu put down the pen, looked towards his sister, and smiled: "You should be the one to continue studying. I don't have to go since I'm already plenty smart."

 

"But..."

 

"I need to go make dinner, complete the rest of this." He patted his sister's head and then left.

 

Looking at the steps he wrote on the draft paper, she realized that the solution became obvious. Any average person who looks at these formulas would usually get a headache, but when shown these steps, one could understand it all in a glance. Momo was still looking at the paper stunned when her cellphone vibrated.

 

Dahyun: SNS just told me that your birthday is coming up. Here's a cake for you. I wish you a happy birthday.

 

Momo's heart jumped. Dahyun was the study committee member for their class. With his good grades, he would always rank first in their grade. He also had a pure and clean look, with a refreshing haircut and a pair of frame-less glasses perched on his nose. He looked very gentle.

 

Momo had some unclear feelings towards this classmate of hers, but she had never voiced them. She had never expected for him to pay attention to her birthday. For the first time in her life, she thanked SNS for having this feature.

 

Momo: Thank you 😚

 

Dahyun: I sent the cake. It said you'll get it on the day of your birthday.

 

Momo: "....."

 

Well, a cake's a cake, even if it's the automatic system kind. Thinking that her relationship with Dahyun was just that of ordinary classmates, Momo felt that a system cake was fine. So she calmly accepted the 'cake' that would only be sent on her birthday.

 

Momo: Okay, thank you. 

 

After waiting a while, Dahyun didn't reply, so she put down her phone and went back to her functions.

 

Her actual birthday was on the day after tomorrow, on Monday. When she logged onto her SNS early Monday morning, she received several birthday wishes from her friends, all in similar formats.

 

But she kept going back to the cake Dahyun chose for her. The cake could be called very chic, and there were words in bright red written on it: Five years of college entrance examinations, three years of academic simulation.

 

Momo felt that Dahyun wasn't wishing her a happy birthday, but was instead wishing for her to make significant progress in her studies. 

 

Alright, alright, this is also in line with his academic personality.

 

She sent Dahyun a 'thank you' then thought of her own brother. Tzuyu… has been single for a long time now....sigh.

 

When she arrived at the canteen to buy breakfast, she had surprisingly received a reply from Dahyun. He even sent her a red envelope containing 666 won. 

 

Although the message attached says 'I wish you get into a good university.'

 

How dependable.

 

Looking at the red envelope on her screen, Momo couldn't help but laugh out loud. She may just make it to university. And maybe, there's still hope for her brother to actually find a girlfriend.

 

Tzuyu was actually much more popular than Momo gave him credit for. There were plenty of girls that secretly liked him during his school days, and even now, as he worked in the takeaway company, the receptionist secretly finds him attractive.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter