Chapter 5: Playing the Air Guitar

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was Sana's first time attending a concert. The atmosphere was a lot warmer than she imagined it would be. The melodies she had forgotten had resurfaced from the depths of her memories and became alive again. The audience's shouts shook her eardrums, like waves swaying against the music. She thought she had finally understood what Eunha had said.

 

Chaeyoung was excited the entire time. He was an avid fan of PUMPKIN; PUMPKIN's music had practically colored his entire youth.

 

Sana looked at Chaeyoung singing and shouting next to her. He was no different from the thousands of others around her, but perhaps someday he would get the chance to be the one who stood up on stage and sing instead.

 

After more than two hours, the concert finally concluded. Both the people on and off the stage were exhausted. Chaeyoung was still high, so Sana insisted on being the driver this time.

 

On the way back, Chaeyoung talked Sana's ear off. He also took out his phone to play the videos he recorded during the concert. Sana was concentrating on driving so she didn't pay any attention to him and his ramblings but nevertheless, Chaeyoung was enjoying himself as he recounted the past few hours.

 

PUMPKIN continued to be a hot topic on SNS. Chaeyoung was slumped against the passenger seat as he browsed through SNS when he exclaimed: "Ah? The concert just finished and they already announced the official movie. I'll have to contribute to its box office." When he finished his monologue, he glanced at Sana from the corner of his eyes and asked, "Do you know Lee Minho?"

 

Sana: "Yep. Actor, very handsome."

 

"Why are you bragging about other men?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Nothing. I just decided that I won't support his next movie at the box office."

 

Sana: "..."

 

Your support is too cheap.

 

Chaeyoung played around on his phone for a while before finally putting it down and looking at the streets outside his window: "Are you driving straight home?"

 

"Yes."

 

"..." Chaeyoung his lips and leaned over towards Sana, deliberately lowering his voice and saying, "Let's go eat a big meal."

 

"It's too late to eat."

 

"Then...let's do something else?"

 

Chaeyoung's voice was quite y. When he deliberately tries to show his iness, most women might not even be able to stay standing. After he said these words, the atmosphere in the car changed immediately. Sana braked sharply and turned to look at him. She found that Chaeyoung was looking at her with burning expectation.

 

Sana: "Get out."

 

Chaeyoung: "..."

 

Sana had driven the car back to her neighborhood and got out to give the driver's seat back to Chaeyoung. Before she left, she knocked on his window and bent over to look at him: "Do you want me to call a driver? I've seen people drunk, but I've never seen someone drunk from a concert. Drive carefully."


 

“……”

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, fastened his seatbelt, then drove away.

 

When he arrived home, it was almost eleven o' clock. He thought his family had already gone to bed, but when he stepped into the house the lights in the living room , and he was caught by his father.

 

Mr. Son was wearing his pajamas as he looked towards the clock on the wall. He then turned towards Chaeyoung and accused: "You ran again..." Before he even finished, he turned and was shocked by the makeup on Chaeyoung's face: "What kind of clothes are you wearing? How scandalous!"

 

Chaeyoung remained unconcerned at his shocked response. He even smiled at his father as he replied: "Does it look good? I did it myself. I went to a concert, so of course I had to dress up."

 

He didn't mention what concert he went to, but Mr. Son knew anyway. Mr. Son's anger spiked, and he said: "How many times have I told you not to go to those rock and roll places! Why don't you listen?"

 

"What shocking thing happened? Why are you shouting so loudly?" Mrs. Son came down the stairs and was surprised when she saw her son's outfit, "Son, your clothes..."

 

Chaeyoung walked towards her with a smile and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Mom, don't I look good?" After hugging his mother he went upstairs, straight into his room.

 

"You come back here! You're really getting worse and worse!" Mr. Son roared as he stood in the living room. But Chaeyoung had turned a deaf ear towards his father and went to his room without pausing.

 

Closing the door, his face was filled with laughter. Downstairs, he could faintly hear Mr. Son cursing. Chaeyoung went to his record player and put on PUMPKIN's song at the highest volume.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter