Chapter 6: I Won't Let Him Enjoy

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana didn't notice Tzuyu. She ran for half an hour before returning to her home. After taking a shower she opened her fridge to see what she could eat. Her fridge was designed to match her kitchen decorations and was a large fridge with two doors. She remembered the salesperson saying that she could probably fit a small supermarket in it.

 

But Sana was someone who loved cooking cup noodles the most, so her fridge regularly didn't hold much. She took out a sandwich she had bought yesterday and an orange. She planned to have a sandwich and some orange juice for breakfast today.

 

Before she could start juicing the orange, her cell phone on the counter rang twice. Sana looked at the screen and saw that it was a message from Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung: I'm picking you up to have breakfast together.

 

Sana: Don't go out to eat, just eat at my house.

 

Chaeyoung: You actually have food? Did you order takeaway?

  

Sana glanced at the screen and didn't reply. She put down the sandwich and went back to the fridge to take out a vacuum-sealed yellow cake.

 

When Chaeyoung arrived, Sana had just finished steaming the yellow cake. He went into the kitchen and sniffed: "What did you steam, it smells good."

 

Sana: "A fruit cake that Eunha gave me; it's a specialty of her hometown. I took it out specially just for you."

 

"Really?" Chaeyoung grabbed the packaging from the counter and saw the expiration date: "This is expiring today!"

 

Sana acted as if she didn't know, saying: "Really? What a coincidence. Then you came at the right time."

 

Chaeyoung: "..."

 

He understood that she saw the expiration date and thought it was a pity to throw it away so she asked him to come over.

 

Although the yellow cakes were expired, it still tasted good. Sweet, waxy and glutinous, the most important thing was the filling. After eating three pieces, Sana felt full.

 

She took a sip of her orange juice and asked Chaeyoung, who was sitting opposite to her: "Did you go home and meet with Uncle Son last night?"

 

Chaeyoung smirked as he replied: "Yeah, he saw me looking like a ghost, then I performed an air guitar show just for him."

 

Sana took another sip of her juice and said, "Your rebellious phase is quite long."

 

She met Chaeyoung in high school. To be more precise, it was more like Chaeyoung targeting her during high school. When she met him, Chaeyoung was already sporting the bad boy look, and many people were cheering for him. But Sana just wasn't interested. She was described as 'too lonely and antisocial' since she was young, but she simply felt that she was more straightforward and transparent than others.

 

Once you become more intimate with another person, your relationship with them would just become more complicated with contradictions emerging one after the other. She didn't like to deal with troublesome things, so she simply kept her distance. There always seemed to be an invisible line between people and Sana never tried to cross this boundary. She had known Chaeyoung for many years now, and their relationship looks very good on the surface, but in Sana's heart, she had firmly stayed on the other side of this invisible line.

 

Chaeyoung smiled at her words: "If you can't do what you want to do, then what's the point of living?"

 

"Doesn't it make sense to enter Uncle Son's company? You can be a high-ranking leader the moment you go."

 

"Of course it doesn't make sense! He doesn't make me happy, nor do I make him happy!"

 

Sana let that sink in for a while before nodding: "Hmm."

 

"..." Chaeyoung frowned: "Your reaction is too flat. Forget it, let's not talk about this anymore, lest it affects your appetite."

 

After breakfast, Chaeyoung drove Sana to work with his motorcycle, giving her his extra helmet. Like the battery-powered scooter, his motorcycle also couldn't enter the neighborhood. Because of this, Chaeyoung and the security guard aren't very close. In fact, they almost fought each other once.

 

But in Sana's opinion, the fact that the security guard was willing to let him in was already the greatest benevolence given.

 

Chaeyoung's motorcycle drove very fast. When they arrived at Sana's shop, she was more than 10 minutes early. After sending her to the door, Chaeyoung left and Sana opened the store, heading straight up to her workshop.

 

Eunha saw that Sana had actually arrived earlier than herself today. She ran upstairs and said: "Boss, you're so early today! I thought you went to the concert last night? You should have stayed up all night!"

 

Sana continued to work as she replied plainly:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter