Chapter 1: Ms. Minatozaki's Chicken Leg Dinner

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The red light at Yangpyeong intersection felt particularly long today. As he waited for the 96th second, Chou Tzuyu lifted his head and saw an airplane fly past.

 

The weather today was quite nice. The plane streaked white smoke as it traveled as if painting the vast blue sky.

 

Tzuyu continued to stare as it flew past his field of vision, right until the red light turned green. A whistle beside him brought him back to reality, and he turned the throttle to drive the battery-powered scooter forward.

 

He was rushing to an office building nearby to deliver a meal order. It was currently October, and Seoul had entered autumn. With the wind blowing right unto his face, he was met with a slight chill.

 

When he had arrived at the office building, he parked his scooter downstairs and took out the take-out boxes from the incubator. Calling the customer, he entered the building quickly. It was a high-end office building, and all the men and women coming in and out were dressed in young and fashionable styles. He waited for an elevator to empty out before Tzuyu stepped inside.

 

Because it was lunchtime, there weren't many people going upstairs, so the elevator smoothly traveled to the 23rd floor without any interruptions. With a 'ding,' the doors soon opened.

 

Leaving the elevator, Tzuyu looked around until he found the door with the right company. He then opened the glass door and called out:

 

"Hello, which one is Ms. Kim?"

 

"Here!" A short-haired girl poked her head out of her cubicle and waved towards Tzuyu.

 

Looking at her direction, he took out the takeout as he walked over.

 

"What did you order?" A male colleague sitting behind Ms. Kim stood up and curiously approached her desk, knocking on it twice. Because of his excitement, the folder he was holding slipped from his hands.

 

"A vegetable dish." Ms. Kim cheerfully responded minimally while quickly making room on her desk: "Thank you, just leave it here."

 

Putting down the takeaway box, Tzuyu responded with an 'enjoy your meal' before turning to leave. The male colleague's folder coincidentally fell near his feet, so Tzuyu bent down to help pick it up, but before he even managed to touch it the male colleague shouted in a fuss: "Don't touch it! I'll pick it up myself, don't dirty my things."

 

This made Tzuyu pause. Without saying anything, he circled past the folder and headed towards the exit. When he was about to open the glass doors, he looked at his hand, then wiped it twice on his overalls before pushing the door open.

 

As he approached the elevators, the doors opened, and another takeaway boy came out in a hurry. Seeing Tzuyu, he called out a greeting.

 

He wasn't from the same takeout company as Tzuyu, but because they both deliver in the same general area, they would meet each other from time to time.

 

Tzuyu nodded back as he entered the elevator then quickly pressed the down button.

 

"..." The male standing outside looked back with a slack expression. He paused, stunned, before whistling towards the closed elevator doors: "He's suddenly so cool today!"

 

Quickly putting Tzuyu to the back of his mind, he walked away to deliver his takeout.

 

In the elevator, Tzuyu quietly watched the numbers drop, before taking out his phone to check for the next order.

 

He'll be going to Starlight Park for the next order, a meal for Ms. Minatozaki. He's been receiving orders from Ms. Minatozaki quite often recently. She had been ordering the chicken sets from 'Wolong Kitchen' for the past three days.

 

Arriving at the lobby, Tzuyu left the building, went to his scooter, then headed towards Starlight Park.

 

Ten years ago, what was now Starlight Park had been a deserted location. In the past few years, with active support from the government, Starlight Park had been built and then developed rapidly. Today, in addition to the largest flower garden in Seoul, many exhibition halls and unique shops dotted the park, attracting thousands of tourists and photographers.

 

Tzuyu even heard that this year, Starlight Farms would be opening, where people could rent land and grow vegetables in.

 

The woman who loved their chicken set, Sana, had rented in Starlight Park and opened a small shop.

 

When he first came to Starlight Park to do deliveries, Tzuyu had needed to rely on map navigation. But after a few times, he now had the entire Starlight Park in his mind.

 

Parking his scooter outside Sana's store, he took out her order and walked over, taking a peek past the glass windows. It seems that the girl who usually sat on the first floor to watch the store wasn't here. No wonder she only ordered one set today.

 

"Hello." He knocked gently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter