Chapter 7: A View to Remember

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Chaeyoung was ready to leave. He had just walked to the door of his bedroom, only to find himself locked in. He frowned, slamming against the door several times, but the door refused to budge.

 

Mrs. Son heard the slams and hurriedly rushed over: "Chaeng, don't bother. The doors in our house are the sturdiest ones in the market, stop it."

 

Chaeyoung: "..."  

 

He held back his rising anger and adopted a spoiled tone: "Mom, why did you lock me in?"

 

Mother Wei replied: "It's all your father's idea. He said that you would definitely run so he locked you in."

 

Chaeyoung exploded: "What is he thinking? He's just treating me like a prisoner now, isn't he?"

 

"No, no, your father said that as long as you and Somi..."

 

"No way, no way!"

 

Chaeyoung's sudden roar frightened Mrs. Son. She sighed then tried to persuade him: "Chaengie, you don't have to treat this as a date or anything, it's just that Somi really is a good girl. You won't lose anything if you just get to know her right? Besides, with the way you are right now, I can't feel reassured."

 

As Mrs. Son trailed off, she sounded close to tears. After a long silence, Chaeyoung sighed and said: "Alright, Mom, don't be sad. I'll go."

 

Mrs. Son was somewhat surprised: "Really?"

 

"Yeah." Chaeyoung replied, "But I am a little hungry. Ask auntie to come up and give me something to eat."

 

"Okay, you wait, I'll go and tell her."

 

Hearing the fading footsteps outside, Chaeyoung quickly packed up his things and sent messages to his brothers. After arranging everything, he rushed out as soon as the auntie opened his door to deliver his meal.

 

Auntie was knocked to the side and in a blink of an eye, Chaeyoung had already run out of the gate. The employee by the gate chased after him, but couldn't catch up. Chaeyoung ran all the way out of the neighborhood and saw three motorcycles driving towards him.

 

"Chaeyoung hyung-"

 

One of the people waved at him. Chaeyoung immediately rushed over and took the helmet thrown by the person driving. He then jumped on.

 

"Chaeng, what are you doing?!" Mrs. Son had rushed out and was shouting at their backs.

 

Chaeyoung turned and shouted towards her: "Mom, I'll call you."

 

The three brothers cheered as they drove away. Chaeyoung adjusted his sitting posture and listened to the sound of the wind whistling past his ears.

 

"Chaeyoung hyung, where to?"

 

Chaeyoung thought about it for a moment before replying: "Go to Starlight Park first."




 

Sana and Eunha decided to change their order today and ended up with two dishes and one soup. They had gone to the first floor of the shop to wait for their order, but was met with Chaeyoung instead of the takeaway boy.

 

When they heard the dull roar of a motorcycle, Sana looked up and saw that it was Chaeyoung. Eunha took out her notebook and wrote on Chaeyoung's page: 'Chaeyoung oppa has been coming a lot recently, and he always looks windswept.'

 

Sana was also surprised to see him: "How come you're here again? There's no concert today?"

 

"Must there be a concert every time I see you? We can do something else." Chaeyoung deliberately bent down, his face close to Sana's. Eunha silently reduced her presence: "Should I leave first?"

 

Sana: "Take him with you when you leave."

 

Eunha: "...."

 

She doesn't dare.

 

Chaeyoung hooked his lips and stopped his joking: "I have to go abroad, it may take some time before I can come back."

 

"Going abroad?" With just these two words, Sana could already imagine blood splattering everywhere. "Who did you offend?"

 

Chaeyoung snapped: "Am I the kind of that offends people then runs away?"

 

When Sana didn't answer, Chaeyoung reluctantly said: "My dad is forcing me to go on a blind date."

 

Sana was stunned, then said: "You're quite the coward, eh?"

 

Chaeyoung: "...."

 

He remained silent for two seconds before looking at Sana enthusiastically: "Or, we can get married. Then I wouldn't be forced to marry."

 

Sana replied with her heart still as stone: "I wish you a pleasant journey."

 

Chaeyoung: "...."

 

On the side, Eunha continued to write: 'Chaeyoung oppa made a sudden marriage proposal, and then was rejected by the Boss.'

 

"Don't say anymore. I need to catch a plane, but I'll buy you food before I go." Chaeyoung opened his arms and said to Sana: "Parting hug?"

 

Sana suddenly called out: "Ah."

 

Chaeyoung's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter