Chapter 3: Chaeyoung is Too Charming

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunha hurriedly recorded Sana's golden sentence in her notebook before sitting back down to eat.

 

Sana had long gotten used to her eccentric behavior. It didn't take long for her to finish her meal and go back upstairs to catch up with her orders.

 

Halfway through, the developer in charge sent her a message asking for the progress of their order. Just as Sana finished her conversation with the person in charge, she heard the wind chime on the door ring.

 

Because customers usually come in the afternoon, Sana didn't think much of it and continued to do her work. But Eunha, who was sitting at the register below, suddenly got excited.

 

Her observation target No. 0122 arrived!

 

"Boss...." She subconsciously wanted to yell for Sana but was interrupted by the person who entered.

 

"Shh." Son Chaeyoung made a hushing gesture. The punk silver ring on his index finger flashed against the sunlight, "I'll go up and find her myself."

 

Eunha closed obediently, nodding her head.

 

Chaeyoung moved on, heading straight to the second floor. Hearing his leather boots thump away, Eunha glanced at his retreating back. Good, he's gone. She quickly took out her small notebook and excitedly wrote under the header 0122: 'Chaeyoung is so charming!'

 

After writing this, she reread the entire page. She felt that her words had too many personal feelings. As an observer, her recordings should be more objective and rational.

 

So in the end, she crossed out the sentence she had wrote ad changed it to 'Chaeyoung is really charming', ending with a full stop.

 

Sana's workshop didn't have locks. Chaeyoung easily pushed the door open and came in, and Sana immediately noticed someone entering.

 

"Why are you here?" She looked up at Chaeyoung briefly, then her eyes fell back to the thermometer in her hand. She was cooling down the wax, so she didn't dare get distracted. If the temperature dropped too much, she would have to start the heating process all over again.

 

Chaeyoung was somewhat dissatisfied with her indifference, but he quickly got over it and smiled. He took two tickets out from his pocket and placed them on the table: "Tickets to PUMPKIN's revival concert, let's go and listen to them tomorrow."

 

Sana scanned the tickets on the table then said to him: "You know Uncle Son doesn't like it when you go to these rock and roll events, and yet you still went ahead and buy tickets to this concert. Do you want to anger him to death?"

 

Chaeyoung straightened and waved her words off: "When I grew my hair long last year, you said the same thing. He's still alive, isn't he?"

 

Yes, Chaeyoung had long hair last year, but it wasn't that long. It just reached to his shoulders, and he often wore it down, with a half-ponytail. It was actually the hairdo that PUMPKIN's lead singer Ray used to wear the most. Chaeyoung had been a fan of the band from an early age, even the two black earrings on his left ears were him imitating Ray.

 

This year, he finally cut his hair short. Although it was him just following Ray's recent haircut again, his handsome short black hair was more acceptable than his long hair from before.

 

Sana saw that the temperature had reached the right heat, so she took out the thermometer and wiped off the wax clinging to it. She then looked towards Chaeyoung and jokingly replied: "So you're making more of an effort this year?"

 

Chaeyoung shrugged indifferently: "The less he likes it, the more I get the urge to do it. Are you surprised?"

 

Sana didn't continue this line of conversation. This conflict between father and son wasn't some one-off thing, and as an outsider, she wasn't someone who should have an opinion about it.

 

"Chaeyoung hyung, let's go!"

 

Outside the shop, two young boys dressed like punk rockers were sitting on a motorcycle, shouting. Chaeyoung glanced at them past the windows, gestured to them, then picked up a ticket from the table, leaving the other. "I'll pick you up tomorrow; I have something else so I'll go first."

 

Sana looked up as he hurriedly left, then looked down towards the ticket. Her eyebrows wrinkled slightly. She never promised that she would go.

 

Eunha watched through the window as Chaeyoung and his younger brothers rode their motorcycles, then ran upstairs to find Sana: "Boss, boss, what did Chaeyoung oppa come to see you for?"

 

"...." Sana paused for a moment, before asking: "When did you start calling him Chaeyoung oppa?"

 

"I just carelessly...." Eunha shook her head as she approached. She saw the ticket on the table and exclaime

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter