Buried memories

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My star café

 

Sungjong passed by his friend’s café at closing time after having a good meal filled with updates about Sunggyu; you can say Sungjong was over the moon. How often does he get to have a delicious free meal and news?

Not that Sungyeol gave it all in one dinner, he made Sungjong promise to do it again for additional information, which didn’t need a lot of convincing, Sungjong agreed right away.

Myungsoo was closing cleaning the machines with a frown; he still couldn’t get over the scene; among all people, why does it have to be his best friend!

“Hello, amigo~~”, Sungjong threw an arm around Myungsoo’s shoulders “go ahead, ask me about my day; I had a-” Myungsoo removed his friend’s arm without any words, “what’s up with the long face?”

“I had a long day; I’m tired.”

“Take the day off”, Sungjong massaged his friend’s shoulders, “standing here all day, of course, you’d be tired.”

“Hmm, maybe I should.”

Sungjong froze upon hearing that; never had he heard Myungsoo agree to such a thing; Myungsoo loves his job! So, the MC pressed his palm over Myungsoo’s forehead to check if he was sick.

“No fever.”

“What! I can’t take a break now!!”

“Ani, of course, you can, but it’s so unlike you.”

“Well, I’m tired of the old me; I want to change.”

“Why~~?” Sungjong pouted, “but I like you the way you are.”

“Looks like you are the only one who likes me for who am I”, Myungsoo forced himself to smile, “so, how was your day?”

“It’s not important; I don’t want to talk about it anymore”, Sungjong pulled his friend to sit “if you want to talk, I will listen to you all night, uh?”

“I’m fine, don’t worry.”

“You sure?”

Myungsoo nodded with a smile, “tell me about your day.”

“I finally got the hottest news about your brother.”

“Huh?”

“And all it took free dinner with your lover.”

“He’s not my lover.”

“Aigo~~, your eyes sparkle whenever I mention his name.”

“Stop~~, that’s not funny.”

Myungsoo didn’t know how to ask if there was something between them; he didn’t want to hurt Sungjong’s feelings and make it looks like he was accusing him of betrayal; Sungjong is a good friend.

“Nothing happened, I promise”, Myungsoo looked at his friend, shocked, was he too obvious, “it was a business dinner.”

“Sungjong, I-”

“I would’ve thought the same thing if I saw my friend and my crush leaving together”; Sungjong didn’t want his friend to misunderstand him; the gym is across the street from Myungsoo’s café the chances he saw them were high “you saw us earlier, didn’t you?”

“Hmm.”

“I would never do this to my best friend, Araso?”

“I know.”

Sungjong smiled, hugging his friend, “I know you do, just double confirming it.”

“I’m sorry, Jjong; I didn’t mean to think badly.”

“Aigo~~, I told you I understand” Sungjong then flipped his hair “besides, he isn’t my type.”

“No one is your type, Sungjong.”

“Hmm, probably your brother, if he had a better attitude.”

Myungsoo and Sungjong laughed together, “You realise you’re a copy of him!!”

Sungjong smirked, “I know; he taught me.”

“Ugh, dealing with one Kim Sunggyu is hard enough; now there are two of you!!!”

“Dramatic, we’re not that bad”, Sungjong winked, “but we can be everyone’s nightmare, right?”

“Get out of my café.”

“Geez, Araso, that’s what I get for trying to help you.”

Myungsoo pushed his friend outside the café, “you’re distracting me; I decline your help services.”

“Your loss, bye, bye love.”

 

 

 

Yadong House

 

Hoya walked into his empty house, thinking about what happened between him and Sunggyu in a moment of weakness. How did he allow such a thing! Was he going to let Sunggyu kiss him if Dongwoo hadn’t called??

Hoya and Dongwoo got married not such a long-time age; they’re practically newlyweds; it’s been only six months since they met and only five months since their wedding. Finding out that Sunggyu is Dongwoo’s best friend was shocking at the wedding; Dongwoo never mentioned being super close to a celebrity, which is understandable; Sunggyu needs to maintain a private life away from fans and Dongwoo, as a lawyer, respected that boundary.

 

After taking a long warm bath, Dongwoo was back; only he was still working, making calls. Dongwoo ended the call when he saw his husband; he turned his attention toward Hoya; he then pressed his palm on his cheek to check if he had a fever, “Hey, how are you, babe? Your voice made me worry.”

“I’m okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Honey, I’m a doctor. I think I’ll know if I’m sick; you worry too much.”

“Hmm, of course, I’ll worry; you work all day and still manage to do activities with our friends and me.”

“I promised Haeun.”

Dongwoo hugged his husband, “you’re amazing; I love you.”

“Go take a shower; I’ll prepare tea for us.”

“Araso.”

Hoya watched his husband loosen his tie, thinking whether he should tell him; finding out about his one-nightstand with his best friend is better than hearing it from Sunggyu; that man hates him for no valid reason as if he’s better than him!

“Wait, I want to tell you something”, Dongwoo nodded with a smile, “it’s about my past.”

“Babe~~~” Dongwoo pecked his lips, “I already told you I don’t care about your past.”

“But-”

“You think I never dated anyone else in the past? We all have a past.”

“I-”

“I’ve dated boys and girls; your husband wasn’t a when you married him”, Dongwoo kissed Hoya’s forehead, “so, don’t overthink about it, let it go.”

“But what I’m trying to say-”

“Babe”, Dongwoo kissed Hoya again, silencing him, “all I’m saying is no one wants to know about his husband’s exes.”

Dongwoo walked away, but his steps were halted when Hoya spoke again, “I slept with Kim Sunggyu a year ago.”

“…”

“It meant nothing, I swear.”

 

.

.

.

One year ago, Sunggyu’s house.

 

Sunggyu’s manager heard his idol coughing on the phone, so he and, without asking, brought a doctor to his house, “no, you didn’t!”

“You were coughing!”

“I can take care of myself; my best friend is a doctor!”

“You wouldn’t call him; you’re too stubborn to do that!!”

“Then why didn’t you bring him instead.”

Hoya rolled his eyes, already disliking Sunggyu’s behaviour. Shouldn’t he like welcome him instead of arguing with his manager in front of him! Does he have to make him feel unwelcomed!!

“Let’s get this done; I have other patients to see; you’re not the only one who needs medical care, Mr”, Hoya then scanned Sunggyu from head to toe, “and judging from the way you’re arguing, it doesn’t look like you need it anyway!”

“Yah!!” no one ever talked to Sunggyu that way, so he took it as a challenge “Araso, examine me.”

“I thought you don’t need it”, Hoya then quoted with his fingers, “that you have a best friend who is a doctor!!”

“Dr Lee-”

“I’ve changed my mind!!” Sunggyu gestured for the doctor to walk upstairs to his room, “after you.”

“Ani”, Hoya folded his arms, “after you!”

 

Sunggyu’s room

Sunggyu’s room was huge, an art, and definitely a celebrity room; his pictures were all over the room, and his awards were all placed in a beautiful corner that Hoya couldn’t help not staring at them. Hoya was startled when Sunggyu stood close behind him but tried not to show it and stay still.

“You like what you see?”

“Hmm, impressive; it turns out you are famous.”

“Apparently, not famous enough.”

Hoya turned to look at Sunggyu; the latter didn’t seem the kind to say such a thing; the doctor couldn’t hide his smile when he saw Sunggyu pouting cutely, “how come?”

“Well, it looks like you don’t know me”, Sunggyu leaned closer and shifted his gaze from Hoya’s lips to his eyes, “Dr Lee, right?”

Hoya gulped; not sure why he got excited out of a sudden. Didn’t he just hate his arrogant attitude!! “H-How about I examine you.”

“Hmm.”

Hoya gestured for Sunggyu to sit on the bed, “your manager said you’re coughing”, Sunggyu nodded, “since when?”

Sunggyu covered his mouth and coughed, “I don’t know, a couple of days maybe.”

“I see. Can you your shirt, please”, Sunggyu gave the doctor a questioning look, “for examination purposes, geez!!”

Sunggyu chuckled, ing his shirt, “I’m kidding.”

“I’m putting the stethoscope on your back”, Sunggyu flinched, “I’m sorry, is it cold?”

“It’s okay.”

“Take a deep breath for me.”

Hoya made sure not to be touchy with the celebrity; he is a professional and shouldn’t cross the line, “Dr Lee.”

“Hmm?”

Sunggyu held Hoya’s hand to his neck, “I’m hot; you think I have a fever?”

Hoya gulped and moved his hand from Sunggyu’s neck to his cheek, “A-Ani.”

Everything happened fast, from when Sunggyu pulled Hoya for a kiss to the doctor ing his shirt and throwing it on the floor to being pinned underneath Sunggyu. Never in his life had Hoya crossed that line or even thought he’d screw a patient and not any patient; this man is a celebrity.

 

Sunggyu buttoned his shirt as he watched Hoya prescribe medication, “here, it will help you cough.”

“Thanks.”

Hoya was about to leave but felt like he needed to say “sorry.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t usually do this with my patients; I don’t know what happened.”

Sunggyu smirked, confusing the doctor, “was it good?”

“What?”

“Did you like it, Dr Lee?” Hoya nodded “then there is nothing to be sorry about, right?” Sunggyu took the paper from Hoya and opened the door, “as much as I loved you underneath me, let’s not meet again, Dr Lee.”

 

.

.

.

Back to the current time

 

Sunggyu was on his way out for a photoshoot when he found Dongwoo’s car parked in front of his house, which was so unlike him; Dongwoo is usually very busy in the mornings and either at the law firm building or court, so he kind of guessed why his friend was here.

Sunggyu knocked on the window, and Dongwoo lowered it, “can I get a ride?”

“Sure”, Sunggyu thought the ride would be awkward, never thought that his friend would start the conversation, “Hoya told me.”

“…”

“My husband, Sunggyu!!! Didn’t you find anyone else to flirt with?? Other the one I love!!”

“It was before you two met! How would I know you’d fall for the same doctor!”

“You usually tell me about all of your adventures; why not this one?”

True, Sunggyu always lists the people he slept with just in case they try to blackmail him or spread rumours about him. Dongwoo would always reach out to them and get things covered for him, and that’s how Sunggyu stayed out of trouble for years; Dongwoo is a scary lawyer.

“He was different”; Dongwoo looked at Sunggyu, a little shocked at how he talked about his husband, don’t these two hate each other?? “I mean, he didn’t look like a bad guy, and obviously, it wasn’t something he’s used to doing with his patients.”

“More details, Kim Sunggyu.”

“It was my fault I led him into this”, Sunggyu couldn’t forget Hoya among everyone he slept with “usually, men and women throw themselves on him, but not this one; he pissed me off.”

“Omg, don’t tell me you drugged him!!!”

“No~~~!!! What do you think I am, a thug??” Sunggyu sighed “he didn’t recognise me and was rude to me, I wanted to teach him a lesson, so I did what I’m good at, acting.”

“You flirted with him!!”

Sunggyu doesn’t flirt with anyone or mislead his one-night sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter