What are we?

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double H TNE Building

 

“One last question, we’ve heard you’re going to have a concert soon.”

“Yes, that’s true; tickets will be sold soon; stay tuned, everyone.”

“Amazing; the last question, your fans miss seeing you in a movie or series. Is there any chance we’ll see you in one of them?”

“Maybe, I’ve got a couple of offers that I’m discussing with my agency.”

“You look fit recently”, Sunggyu gave Sungjong a suspicious look, “is it going to be an action genre?”

“I can’t answer that just yet.”

Sungjong knew it won’t be easy to get a word from Sunggyu’s mouth, but he had to shoot his shot, “everyone, our time with Kim Sunggyu is sadly over, but we’re not letting him go until we get a promise to get exclusive backstage tickets for his concert.”

Sunggyu smiled, “it’s a promise.”

“Any last words for your fans?”

“Thank you, everyone, for loving me; I am who I am because of my fans”, Sunggyu bowed, “I hope to meet everyone at my concert.”

Sungjong ended the show with more few words and announced a lucky winner of Sunggyu’s concert, “good work, everyone, thank you.”

Escaping looked like a good idea; Sunggyu wouldn’t let it go easily, “hold it right there!!”

“Hyung~, people are watching.”

Sunggyu scanned his surroundings; Sungjong was right “to my room NOW!”

 

Sungjong knew he was dead the minute Sunggyu locked the door, “I can explain.”

“You look fit??????????? You think I’m dumb??”

“Y-Yes, anyone can notice.”

“Yah!! I’m rarely topless in public!!”

“Y-Yeah, true” Sungjong used his arms as a blocker to keep Sunggyu away from him. “But I noticed yesterday when you were dancing; you were drunk; you probably don’t remember, but you ed your shirt.”

“I did?”

“H-Hmm, you said you’re hot.”

“So, it wasn’t Myungsoo who told you?” Sunggyu gave it a little thought, “you danced with Yeol all night! Did he say something???”

“What??? No~~~~~~~, of course not.”

Sunggyu gestured for the MC to sit, “Sungjong, can I ask you something?”

“Hmm, sure, anything for my star.”

“What else happened last night?”

“Nothing new; you and Dr Nam were dancing together all night, and man, you were wasted.”

“Yah.”

“Sorry”, Sungjong zipped his lips, “but why are you asking? Did you and Dr Nam-?”

“No! I don’t know, did we?”

“You really don’t remember when you’re drunk?”

“Hmm.”

“I see”, Sungjong sighed, getting up, “it’s a shame thou, you and Dr Nam look good together.”

“I know”, Sunggyu unlocked and opened the door for Sungjong to leave, “I look good with everyone.”

“Wah, how does it feel to be full of yourself, Hyung?”

“As if you don’t know!”

Sungjong smiled, “feels amazing, anyway want to have lunch with me? I’m buying.”

“Tempting, but I can’t.”

“Why~~~~, I need to get an exclusive scope about those abs”, Sungjong pointed at Sunggyu’s stomach.

“Yah, behave”, Sunggyu checked the time, “I promised Woohyun to pick up Haeun from school.”

 

 

 

In front of the school

 

As promised, Haeun found Sunggyu’s sports car parked in front of the school gate; she was asked to leave earlier than the other kids; the last time Sunggyu was here to pick her up, other kids gathered around him to get his signature.

“Hello, samchon.”

“Yeah, hi, get in, kido”, Haeun did as she told quietly, wore her seatbelt and grabbed a book from her backpack to read, “what are you doing?”

“Reading?”

“Ugh, you’re definitely Woohyun’s daughter.”

“Hmm, of course.”

“Whatever”, Sunggyu was about to turn on the radio but paused, “can you read with the radio on?”

“Sure.”

“Araso”, he the radio but kept the volume down, “btw we’re going to my place.”

“Why?”

“Because I say so!”

“But I want to go home!”

Sunggyu tried to calm himself; he kept reminding himself that she’s just a kid, “there is no one at your house now.”

“I’m old enough to take care of myself.”

“Well, that’s not going to happen, missy.”

“Why!! Take me home!!”

“Your father gives the orders here, not you!”

“I don’t want to go to your house!!!! Take me home!!”

“YAH!”, Haeun jumped a little; she wasn’t shocked; it wasn’t the first time Sunggyu had yelled at her, but what surprised her was what he said next “it’s not like I want to have you over at my house either!!”

“Samchon-”

“Can’t you be thankful that I did you a favour and picked you up from school!!”

Haeun was a strong little girl; she quickly wiped her tears and turned her head to the window, “thank you, samchon.”

“Geez, was that hard to say!”, Sunggyu parked the car “the things I do for your dad, we’re here, get out from my car.”

 

 

 

Sunggyu’s House

 

“Sit here and don’t move until your dad is here”, Sunggyu pointed at the couch in his office, “I have work to do, don’t make a sound.”

Haeun only nodded without a sound not to make her uncle angrier; angry Sunggyu is no joke. The housekeeper served Haeun her lunch, knowing the kid much be hungry by now. Spending time at Sunggyu’s place wasn’t something new for Haeun, the little girl spent time at his house more than her own, which made anyone think her relationship with Sunggyu was good, but that was far from the truth.

When Dongwoo arrived at Sunggyu’s house, the little girl slept on the couch after having her meal and solving her homework, so Sunggyu covered her with a blanket not to catch a cold, they probably didn’t get along, but he was not heartless.

 

“Look at you, taking care of her, adorable.”

“Shut up; I’m doing this for Woohyun.”

“She is a nice girl; I can’t believe you don’t get along with her.”

“She has an attitude.”

“She’s just a kid; what’s wrong with you?”

Sunggyu sighed, looking at her before leaving the office, followed by Dongwoo. “There is something about her- I don’t know; can we talk about something else!”

“No!! She is Woohyun’s daughter; how can you say this?”

“That kid in there is why Woohyun and I aren’t the same anymore! He was just a student when he became a single dad without any notice.”

“How is that her fault? You know that it takes two to make a baby, right?”

“Hmm, I know that’s why I can’t let it go.”

Sunggyu stopped talking when he heard the house door click open, guessing Woohyun was here to pick up his daughter. Though he had a wild night and a busy morning, Woohyun looked happy.

“Where is Haeun?”

“How about a hello before asking!!!”

After saying that, Sunggyu left to his room, not wanting to hear a reply, which confused Woohyun a little, “what’s wrong with him?”

“Celebrities”, Dongwoo chuckled, “aren’t they all cranky?”

Woohyun smiled and nodded, “you’re right.”

“Haeun is sleeping at the office.”

“She must be tired”, Woohyun opened the office door slowly, not to scare her; he then crouched down on his knee next to the couch and caressed her hair to wake her up, “Haeun, wake up, princess.”

“Appa?”

“Wake up, let’s go home.”

“Finally,” Haeun rubbed her eyes cutely, “is Hoya samchon coming too?”

“Aigo~, look at you, asking about your fav samchon.”

“Hmm, I like him a lot.”

Woohyun smiled, fixing her hair, “he’s heading to our house.”

“Omg!! You guys are having a party without me!!!” Dongwoo is dramatic, too; he is a friend of Sunggyu, after all.

“Dongwoo samchon”, Haeun greeted her uncle with a hug, “you can come too; I baked a cake for Appa.”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world; let’s go, let’s go.”

Woohyun swayed his daughter’s backpack on his shoulder, “let me see if Sunggyu is coming too.”

“He looks busy; let’s go, Appa, hurry.”

Woohyun knew Haeun and Sunggyu didn’t get along; he failed to make things between them okay even though he forced Sunggyu to spend time with her after school until he was done from work.

“I’m pretty sure he’s not busy tonight; go ask him. I’ll wait for you in the car.”

“You ask him.”

“When did you become stubborn, Haeun?”

“Appa!!”

“Go, please?”

“Araso.”

Haeun was pouting as she walked to Sunggyu’s room; she’ll do anything for her dad, even if it means asking her meanie uncle to come over to their house.

“You think this is a good idea?”

“Hmm, he’ll soften eventually.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Hmm?”

“Trying to get them closer.”

“He’s my best friend, and she’s my daughter; I want to make sure she has someone just in case.”

“Yah, Nam Woohyun, are you sick or something? Why does it sound like you’re dying!”

Woohyun chuckled, “Ani~~, you watch too many movies, besides if I’m dying, I’ll definitely give her to Howon.”

“What about me!!”

 

Sunggyu’s room

Haeun knocked on the door and waited for Sunggyu to allow her to come in; before opening the door, the celebrity laid down on the bed, eyes closed, “I’m not hungry, leave”, Sunggyu thought it was the maid.

“S-Samchon.”

Sunggyu huffed, sitting on the bed, “what!! What do you want?”

“Do you want to come over to our house?”

“I’m busy; leave, kiddo.”

Haeun knew better not to say more, but before she closed the door on her way out, she tried one more time; for Woohyun’s sake, her father sounded like he really wanted Sunggyu to join them.

“I baked a cake for Appa.”

“Of course, you did. So??”

“I want you to try it.”

“You mean Woohyun wants me to try it? I bet this was his idea.”

And this is where Haeun reached her limits, “Hmm, it’s Appa’s idea; we don’t have enough cake for you to begin with. I already invited Hoya samchon and Dongwoo samchon, so there is no room for you!!”

The way she crossed her arms and tapped her foot irritated Sunggyu, “You little-”

“You don’t have to come; you’re not welcomed anyway!!!!”

“Y-YAH!!!”

Haeun made sure to slam the door loudly to annoy him even more, which worked; Sunggyu was now ready to kill anyone who passed him!! Dongwoo stayed behind to make sure nothing terrible happened; Sunggyu and Haeun had a history.

Haeun giggled as she came downstairs; annoying Sunggyu is her hobby, “he said he’s busy.”

From the look on her face, Dongwoo knew what happened, “do I even dare to ask what happened?”

“I’m innocent; he started it.”

“Haeun~~~, what happened?”

“He said that I’m only here because Appa asked me to in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter