Intro

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Law Firm Building

 

Sunggyu bowed to the receptionist at the front desk before asking about his friend Dongwoo; the latter wasn’t answering his calls; he might have court or a client. Though Sunggyu was wearing a mask and a cap as a disguise, the lady immediately recognised him.

 “Mr Jang has a client right now; you can wait for him if you want.”

“Araso, thanks-”

When he was about to walk away, the lady stopped him, “you’re Kim Sunggyu, right?”

Sunggyu smiled, lowering the mask, “I thought I did well in hiding my face.”

Sunggyu was definitely flirting with her; it’s in his character he can’t help it, “Aigo~, as if you can hide that face, your fans will recognise you anyway.”

Sunggyu leaned on the front desk, getting closer, “so, you’re my fan?”

“Yes! Can you sign this for me, please?”

The famous star signed on the poster the lady gave him, “you’re cute, your boyfriend is very lucky.”

“I don’t have a boyfriend”, the receptionist placed her hand on Sunggyu’s hand, “I’m Becky.”

Sunggyu bit his lips with a smirk, “beautiful name, how about I-”

“Do nothing and join me in my office!!!” Dongwoo made sure to stop his friend from writing his number; that lady is a very hard-working receptionist, which they didn’t want to lose because his friend wanted to have fun for the night! “Back to work, Becky.”

“Yes, sir.”

“And you”, Dongwoo lifted his friend’s mask covering his face again, “follow me!”

 

Dongwoo’s office

“You’re overreacting”, Sunggyu chuckled, taking the cap and mask off; he even waved for the receptionist from Dongwoo’s window “that girl might have been your sister-in-law.”

“Ha-ha, very funny!!” Dongwoo closed the curtains “as if I would believe that!! Can’t you stay away from everyone who works with me!! That is the second we hire this month!”

“How is that my fault???”, Sunggyu relaxed on his friend’s oversized comfy leather couch, “besides, it’s not my fault she was practically asking for it.”

“Can’t you just lie for once and say no, I’m not Kim Sunggyu!”

“Nope, I’ve worked for years to be recognised everywhere; what made you think I’d say such a lie.”

Dongwoo chuckled at how confident his friend sounded, “You never changed, was and always will be the center of attention.”

“That’s me~~.”

 

Woohyun, Dongwoo and Sunggyu were high school buddies who had the same dream; they all wanted to be famous but differently. Dongwoo was the nerd with ambitions to be a famous lawyer, and he is now the talk of the town; it’s not easy to get an appointment with him. Woohyun, on the other hand, wanted to be a famous, talented doctor, which he accomplished in no time. Then there was Sunggyu, the gang playboy; his dream was to be on every magazine cover and all over the news.

 

“What brings you here?”

“What do you mean, don’t tell me you forgot! It’s Woohyun’s birthday.”

“I didn’t forget, it’s too early-” Dongwoo checked the time, “, how did the time pass this fast! Let me call Hoya, -! I have three missed calls; why isn’t he answering!!!!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the mention of Hoya’s name; let’s just say they had mutual feelings, and both hated each other guts, “prepare for some drama tonight.”

“Come on, why don’t you two get along?”

“Because he is arrogant!”

“Well, you are arrogant too.”

“At least I have a good valid reason to be one!! Look at me!!!!” Here comes self-centred Sunggyu.

“Can’t you two behave for tonight only? It’s Namu's birthday.”

“Omg, he’s coming too!!!!”

“Yah, of course, he is coming; he is my husband.”

“Who invited him!!!”

“He is my husband and Woohyun’s best friend.”

“I’m Woohyun’s best friend.”

“So childish!”

Sunggyu whined even more, “Ugh~~~~~~ but why do I need to party with him too!!!”

“You’re not 10, Sunggyu; grow up!” Dongwoo wore his blazer. “I’m leaving; you’re coming?”

Sunggyu wore his cap and mask again, “wait; I’m coming.”

Hoya and Sunggyu's hate relationship was not a secret; they both had no shame in showing their childish hate towards each other. And everyone knew the reason behind it; Dongwoo, the latter, was only very close to Sunggyu until that night when he had an accident and met Hoya in the ER, fell in love, and got married in a short period. As for Hoya, he learned the hard way to accept sharing his husband’s love with this famous actor/ singer; Sunggyu was on almost all their dates! He even calls at midnight; let’s just say Sunggyu has no boundaries when it comes to Dongwoo.

 

 

 

My Star café

 

Sungjong passed by the café to make sure his friend didn’t leave for the party without him; Myungsoo had a history of ditching him to avoid trouble, but not tonight; he was definitely coming. And there was his friend busy cleaning and closing the coffee machines.

“Yah, hurry, we’re going to be late!!”

Myungsoo chuckled at how eager his friend was; it wasn’t about Woohyun’s party Sungjong didn’t want to miss the latest news. The barista took off the apron and fixed his shirt quickly, “Araso, I’m done.”

“Omg, you’re still in your work clothes!!”

Myungsoo checked his clothes, “what’s wrong with my clothes?”

“Are you sure you’re Kim Sunggyu’s brother?” Sungjong took off his jacket and threw it towards his friend, “you can wear mine.”

“Really, there is no need-”

“Shush!! Just put it on!! I thought you wanted to flirt with the gym guy.”

“No~~, you said you’d try to fix us together, and I agreed”; Myungsoo wore the jacket “how does it look?”

“You look like a superstar.”

“You’re exaggerating.”

 

It wasn’t like Myungsoo wasn’t handsome, but the latter lacked confidence since he was young; his brother getting all the attention lights on him made the younger safer under the shadow. Luckily, he had Sungjong with him to constantly remind him that it’s okay to step out from the shadow and join the crowd.

Unlike him, Sungjong has always been the center of attention; he was the face of all activities and announcements from a young age. It is what made him want to be in the entertainment field, and knowing someone from there, aka Sunggyu, made it easier to get in and blend. So yes, Sunggyu had a hand helping the younger to be where he is now, and for that, Sungjong will be forever thankful. Sunggyu gave Sungjong an exclusive interview making him the most wanted MC.

 

“Come on”, Sungjong poked Myungsoo’s dimple, “you have a killer smiled, don’t forget to smile tonight.”

“You think this is going to work?”

“Of course, you can count on that dimple and me, love”, Sungjong then scanned his friend, “now let’s fix that hair.”

“What’s wrong with my hair!!”

“Nothing, just boring.”

“Y-Yah, that’s not nice”, Myungsoo realised that Sungjong was teasing him when he chuckled, “you’re mean, Lee Sungjong.”

 

 

 

Hospital

 

Woohyun and Hoya dropped their tired bodies on the bed in the doctor’s rest area; working in the ER isn’t easy; it’s tiring and unpredictable; some nights, it’s calm, but the next might be overwhelming; that’s how it was for them tonight. They were about to leave the hospital when they got rushed to the ER for an emergency.

“Can’t we just go home” Hoya pulled the duvet and closed his eyes, “shower and sleep.”

Woohyun sighed, checking the time; it was his party time, “we can’t.”

“No~~, you can’t, but not me.”

Woohyun sighed and joined his friend under the warm duvet, “I’m so tired.”

“Call him, tell him you can’t come, that you’re tired.”

“That won’t be nice.”

“It’s because Sunggyu planned that party for you, right!!”

“He is trying to be nice.”

“Nice, my foot”, Hoya got off the bed, “he’s just trying to show off.”

“Where are you going?”

“Get your off that bed; we have a party to get to.”

Woohyun hugged Hoya before he left the room, “thanks.”

“Let’s go have fun; then we can sleep all day.”

“We have a morning shift tomorrow morning.”

“I hate you, Nam Woohyun.”

“I love you, buddy.”

“Yeah, yeah, though, I know you don’t actually mean it, but I’ll take it.”

Woohyun chuckled at how Hoya walked away; he doesn’t understand why Sunggyu can’t get along with Hoya, the latter is a great friend, but his existence seems to bother the superstar.

“Let’s go together; wait for me.”

 

 

 

At the Club

Woohyun’s party

 

Since Sunggyu planned the party, it felt like a celebrity party. The lawyer and the superstar started partying even before the birthday boy arrived. Dongwoo and Sunggyu understood the doctors’ job yet planned a big party for their pleasure.

Sungyeol was the next person to arrive at the party, already annoyed with the smoke and the smell of the booze, “hey~~, you’re here.”

Sunggyu welcomed his friend with a hug holding a glass of alcohol and a cigarette in the other hand, which was taken away by Sungyeol “we said healthy diet!”

“Come on~~; it’s just one night”, Sunggyu retook his glass, “this is my best friend and lawyer, Jang Dongwoo.”

Half-drunk Dongwoo shook hands with Sungyeol, “nice to meet you, muscle guy.”

“What, are you two- drunk already?” Sungyeol then slapped Dongwoo’s hand “we know each other”, Sungyeol shook his head, unsure if it was a good idea to come here; drinking and dancing wasn’t his thing, “you’ll regret smoking that cigarette Kim Sunggyu.”

“Don’t be a party pooper.”

“Looks like I’m rescheduling tomorrow’s workout.”

“Don’t worry, coach, I’ll make sure to have other kinds of exercises”, Sunggyu winked, giving his friend an idea of what he meant by other kinds of exercises.

“I’m not sure how you’re not caught in a scandal yet.”

Sunggyu threw an arm over Dongwoo’s shoulder, “because I have a good lawyer.”

“Yup, I got you, love.”

Sungyeol checked the time, “so, where is the birthday boy.”

Sunggyu chuckled, “cutting someone’s body, I guess.”

Myungsoo and Sungjong were the next to arrive; Sungjong made his way toward the celebrity the minute he spotted him dragging Myungsoo along with him, “Hey, everyone.”

“Sungjong~~~, my man”, Sungjong chuckled, enjoying drunken Sunggyu, “give me a hug.”

“Hyung”, Myungsoo stopped his brother from sipping from his glass, “you’re drunk; how about you freshen up? Woohyun Hyung isn’t here yet, and you’re this drunk.”

“BORING~~~”, Sunggyu pointed at Sungyeol and Myungsoo, “you two should get married; I’ll call you the boring couple, but you~~” Sunggyu pointed at Sungjong, “you are my favourite.”

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol briefly before looking away; Sungyeol didn’t seem like he cared; he was busy texting someone, “Hyung, let’s go wash your face, uh?”

Myungsoo took his brother’s hand and left without waiting for a reply. He left Sungjong and Sungyeol alone with half-drunken Dongwoo, busy texting Hoya and asking about his whereabouts.

“Hi”, Sungjong o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter