Chapter One - StepBack

Oblivious To The Obvious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Stop it unnie,” Minjeong said half whispering as she drags the said unnie to a corner of the studio.

“Stop what? What are you talking about?” Jimin asks her favorite bandmate, Jimin clearly doesn’t know what Minjeong is talking about.

“Stop babying me in front of the others,” even talking behind a mask Minjeong is serious about the matter.

“What’s wrong? Everyone knows you’re my favorite so? ” 

“Just stop unnie, you always end up being next to me, in group's dance practice, and stop looking at me like that” as she side-eyeing her seniors lounging in every corner of the dance studio, exhausted after StepBack practice.

“You're being weird and delusional, Minjeong... I'm just fixing your jacket that's all." 

"Yeah, and your body needs stretching with me by your side." Minjeong eye-rolling made Jimin smile widely since, well she needs her stretching buddy.

"You can't stop me, can you? Oh choreo unnie is calling for us, come on.” then Jimin pulls Minjeong by the hand to the center of the studio. 

***

 

After long hours of practice, Jimin and Minjeong finally got home to their dorm. Minjeong storms in, took off her shoes carelessly not minding where her shoes landed. Jimin on the other hand takes off her sneakers, put hers and Minjeong’s to the shelves, closed the door behind her, and went straight to the kitchen.

“Ah, I’m beat, I want to sleep,” Minjeong plumps on the couch where she finds Giselle surfing through TV channels. “What are we watching unnie?”

“I was watching this documentary, but I got bored so I’m switching till I find something, do you want to watch something?” Giselle asks the younger with her eyes still fixed on the screen

“Nope, too tired and hungry but I don’t feel like eating since it's after midnight” Minjeong stretches her body. “I could kill for a—”

“Cold orange juice? Here… ” suddenly Jimin puts the said bottle into Minjeong’s hand.

“—Thanks, unnie.. how’d you know I want this?” Minjeong frowns but still glugs the liquid anyway.

“A hunch I guess?” Jimin shrugs.

“Please… you guys got some kind of telepathy here” Giselle points at her right temple. “Sometimes I thought you guys have the same brain cells or something. It's kinda freaky.”

“Hm, whatever... Okay, I’m going to shower first, Minjeong-ah. I’ll yell when I’m done” Jimin went straight to their shared bathroom down the hall, took a shower then afterward she went back to the living room to fetch the younger.

 

“Well unnie, I hate to break it to ya but she passed out.” 

“Again? This is the third time she fell asleep after practice and hasn’t showered, this stinky girl. Yah Kim Minjeong, wake up, come on take a shower.” Jimin gently pats her cheeks then her shoulder. But the girl didn’t budge, then she side-eyed Giselle to see where her eyes were fixated and glad to see the girl was still into this American talk show. Jimin then whispered to the younger’s ear, “Kim Minjeong you better wake up and take a shower, or else I will drag you and bathe you myself.”

To that threat, Minjeong sprang her eyes open and went straight to shower with no other words exchanged to the others.

 

“Oh! There she goes, how did you do it this time unnie?” Giselle turned to only see a glimpse of Minjeong then her eyes back to her show.

“I have my ways with her, anyway I’m going to bed Gi, you comin’?” already halfway to her walk down the hall.

“Okay you go ahead; I’ve got like 10 more minutes. Night unnie.”

***

 

Entering one by one to the waiting room for a Music show, the day for Step Back special performance has come, all seven of them have arrived, full-on hair makeup with costume, nervous and the most nervous of them all are the youngest members, Yu Jimin and Kim Minjeong.

“What if I make a mistake on the stage? This performance is so nerve-wracking” nervous Jimin talked aloud so the others could h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter