Chapter Two- NYC Part 1

Oblivious To The Obvious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Flashback chapters to their time in NYC

 

It was cold November in New York City as the four of them finally arrived at their hotel. Fatigue was real after long hours of flight, although none of them expected a crowd gathered welcoming them in the arrival gate let alone follow them all the way to their van. The girls were both happy and anxious since this is the first time meeting international fans and the first time being outside Korea. They were happy to greet the fans who calls for them in English or in their native tongue. After a short road trip from the airport to their hotel, finally they settled in.  

“Gather round girls, I’ve got your room cards.” Manager unnie half-shouted since the girls are scattered around the hotel lobby, half taking selfies, some just going around looking at the place. “Giselle, Ningning, Jimin, and… well your room was not ready yet Minjeongie” she gave the girl a sorry look, “You can stay with Jimin, your room will be next to hers.”

In the elevator where they ascend to the 7th floor, Giselle was busy scrolling through social media searching for places to eat in NYC, especially near their hotel, Ningning rests her back on one corner, Karina also scrolling through her phone for places to go in NYC if you’re a first-timer and Winter well, just looking emptily at the changing floor numbers.

“Unnie, can we visit Empire State Building?” Jimin asked her manager while showing her phone screen, “We should go to the top right? Look, unnie!”

“Well, I shouldn’t be telling you girls this just yet but tomorrow we have a whole day with Vogue, and one of the stops is Empire State Building. ”

“Really? OhMyGosh Vogue? Can we eat here unnie?” Giselle showed her phone to Manager unnie.

“Oh, that looks delicious. Brunch? Lemme see other options…” Jimin scrolls down Gi’s phone showing options of other places and the two excitedly squeals at how pretty and rustic the places are.

Minjeong wakes up from her blank stare because of the sudden commotion from her unnies, “What are you guys screaming about? Y’all so noisy even Ning covers her ears”

“I’m fine, just tired and a little cold” Ning holds her jacket even tighter hugging her body.

“Cafes, Winter… apparently, we picked out a very strategic hotel, lots of great places nearby, look look…” Giselle shows her phone screen to Winter.

“Hm, okay… I trust you Giselle unnie, I will follow you anywhere and whatever you do.” Winter answered since Giselle had been abroad many times than herself.

Er-why is Jimin unnie looking at me like that

 

“I’m recording a vlog, you’re alright with that?” Jimin asked Minjeong while beeping her room card since the younger will stay with her until her room is ready.

“Yea, yea sure…”

“Follow my lead yea?” What Jimin asked Minjeong to do, she will do it, smile, cheese, anything, then afterward Minjeong got tired and just plopped on the bed, then Jimin kept saying, “Minjeong, out… Minjeong, out…”

The younger got off the bed, singing “I’m out… I’m out…” a song by Ailee then she blurted, “I… just bought stickers…” Minjeong said to the camera then plops back to the bed.

“What-? End!” Jimin ended her short vlog, she plans to show them to the fans via her bubble app later on. After settling her belongings, she noticed silent Minjeong, she lay facing her, realizing the younger just scrolling through her phone mindlessly, she took a quick photo of the younger then secretly send it to her bbl app.

 

Caption:

Our Mindongie, she has no room yet, so she stays in my room.

 

“Minjeong…” the latter simply looks up from her phone then gave a questioning look, then back to the screen. “Hey… tell me what you’re thinking? You’re being too quiet tonight.”

“Tired, I guess…” Minjeong still not looking at Jimin.

“Nope, you slept on the flight, I know there’s something… What’s going on with you? Are you sick?” the older palms her hand on Minjeong’s forehead then stops, cupping her cheeks. “Well, you don’t have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter